Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That Tumor That Grew On Your Neck

+7
Whoisthere
sniqow
SeXy_SnipER
TheMothMan
Light Grenades
Add9k
Darken Rahl
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

That Tumor That Grew On Your Neck - Page 2 Empty Re: That Tumor That Grew On Your Neck

Post  Rann Cora Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:39 am

I've already said this player will be banned. Not temporarily, not on a trial basis. Banned. Consider them hit with the Banhammer. This kinda stuff doesn't just happen, takes planning and malicious intent. When I was the host and active as a DM a few weeks ago, things like this take time away from me playing, or doing other things to help the server, and this kind of sheer disregard for other players will now be met with ZERO tolerance.

Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse to break them.

Rann Cora
Admin

Back to top Go down

That Tumor That Grew On Your Neck - Page 2 Empty Re: That Tumor That Grew On Your Neck

Post  -terenee- Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:41 pm

Just taking the time to say that this server has permanently lost another player. I have played here the entire time the inception of Anphillia has existed and in that time the hosts are so distant from the game they involve no authority whatsoever to people trying to have a peaceful gameplay experience here. In addition that time us filled with players with no role play capacity power gaming and effy stalking and killing,. The problem is that we don't call it what it is and it dwindles to nothing.

When true anph players want a stable dedicated host for a server with regular mediation I am as have always been willing to foot the bill. For now I am done playing with schoolyard bullies and just having to deal with them.

To the many friends that asked me to rejoin I apologize for the brief time here.
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Undying Knight Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:09 am

I understand where your coming from, I would love to be able to be on DM and do things with the players/etc, but I am completely unable to log into the server under DM client because NWserver crashes each and everytime and I still have yet to figure out a solution.

Also, I took over the server as a temp host so that everyone could remain playing until Rann is able to take it back over, as I mentioned I tried to find a solution to the DM client crashing nwserver but I cannot, therefor I cannot be on DM to do such things, sorry.

I myself agree that the server, just like any other stable server with a decent population, needs a steady DM/DM's to interact with the players and ensure things are running smoothly in game/etc, I'm still currently trying to find solutions and I will work alittle harder at it, keep your fingers crossed and if anyone has a suggestion on what I could do please post it, thanks!

Undying Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Undying Knight Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:13 am

So i'm able to host the genesis server I downloaded from the vault and log into it no problem via DM client, seems its something with our module in specific. Trying to figure it out with Moth.

Undying Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:42 am

Don't take my comment personally Raven, you are more present and responsive than Rann or Felix and you seem to care about our entertainment unlike the aforementioned. I have offered to host and DM to both the last hosts at times when we needed and was simply ignored. If you were the permanent host and not Rann I would likely stay but since you are just his steward I don't have stability or mediation to look forward to.

I have a fairly updated copy of the mod so after I fix some things that are being ignored on this host I intend to host my own.
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Darken Rahl Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:32 pm

lol.

Darken Rahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Whoisthere Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:38 pm

We going to start this S^#% again??
Whoisthere
Whoisthere

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothMan Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:11 pm

-terenee- wrote:Don't take my comment personally Raven, you are more present and responsive than Rann or Felix and you seem to care about our entertainment unlike the aforementioned. I have offered to host and DM to both the last hosts at times when we needed and was simply ignored. If you were the permanent host and not Rann I would likely stay but since you are just his steward I don't have stability or mediation to look forward to.

I have a fairly updated copy of the mod so after I fix some things that are being ignored on this host I intend to host my own.
If you are gonna run a version of Anphillia Genesis I must insist you use the version on the NWvault, which is the public release.
It's made by me and the tiny tiny part that is not, is accurately credited to respected parties.
This is not true for the version we are running right now, which basically is the version you have.

That being said, you are more than welcome stay (or return here later) and play here or you can host your own Anphillia Genesis MOD, but please use and modify the one from the NWvault as stated earlier.

I implore your to not use the version you have now
(I assume it's the one sent to you by Felix for you to build your Underdark into), as it is not intended for public release and has authors who have not agreed to let their material be used by others.
That version was not shared with you for you to either host or modify on your own and I hope you respect that.

-TheMothMan
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:41 pm

I do respect that, however my own content is also on this version of the mod. I was disallowed during the transfer of host to fix several errors and unfinished portions. Part of my problem he is that the areas i made were made live before I expected then I was never given the mod to properly secure and edit them. Then I was blamed entirely for the exploitative access players were allowed by ignoring the incomplete status of these additions.

I have both copies of this mod but I will be using the one with my own creative content, albeit reduced. If you would like to email me a list of scripts and content you do not want used I will review it and respect your creative work as I have been denied.

I do now and have always been grateful for your additions and aid to our gameplay Moth, you make it possible. I only wish you had given as much care as to who would host your world.
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Undying Knight Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:02 pm

What you do is your own decision, however also understand that by hosting your own server is going to split the population of Anphillia and make their be even less of a player base then there is now, not only on this server but on your own as well..

I could see where your coming from on the lack of role playing and the growth of power gaming, however, you as well as other players could encourage role play on your own, I don't know how axfell is, but cleaven has very little players, I make sure that when I am around I'm doing all that I can to role play with whomever it is that I find around me, whether it be going out on a trip or just standing around the fort/barracks.

Just from hosting the small amount of time I've been hosting for I could see how often players are AFKing in game rather then actually playing while logged in, which is fine, because everyone has a life outside of the game and are busy with work/school/kids/etc, which could also be making it harder for those players whom are actively playing while being logged in to have others to role play with, and I believe it also slightly ADDS to the whole "powergaming" and "lack of role playing" however I do not fault those players doing this IN SOME CASES, BECAUSE they play when they get the opportunity to, So if they have the opportunity to play and others are not then you can't hold it against them for just going out and soloing/etc....Yes you have those couple of players whom are always going out on trips together and not even exchanging a single word of "in character talk" with one another, which I do agree needs to be monitored because that is when the word "powergaming" comes into TRUE efffect, which I do agree needs to be stopped because it does ruin the server for those whom do play here for the role play..

We ALL need to keep in mind that this is a ROLE PLAYING server, and it's not just some hack and slash server where you just go out and kill things for hours on end without exchanging any role play between characters.. Yes DM's could play a BIG part in helping this, but the PLAYERS whom are playing on the server should be doing their best part when it comes to role playing because lets face it, this is entirely a ROLE PLAY server and that is a BIG part of Anphillia. Back is the great days of anphillia, not role playing was a BAN-able offense and it was looked upon very seriously, sadly we are limited on players and trying to KEEP all the players around we can, given the fact that they follow said rules of course, but ROLE PLAYING is also a BIG part of those playing heres responsibility.

I hope this slightly made sense to some, and yes I probably went off topic and said some pointless things in some cases, but i'm just trying to get the general idea of what I mean out there, hopefully it is clear to some of you, hehe....

Undying Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Rann Cora Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:01 pm

-terenee- wrote:Don't take my comment personally Raven, you are more present and responsive than Rann or Felix and you seem to care about our entertainment unlike the aforementioned. I have offered to host and DM to both the last hosts at times when we needed and was simply ignored. If you were the permanent host and not Rann I would likely stay but since you are just his steward I don't have stability or mediation to look forward to.

Excuse me, but what exactly is your problem? When I was hosting, I was on as a DM fairly often checking for simple things like people using items illegally, watching pvp for lameness, etc etc. So I have no clue what you're griping about. To say I'm unresponsive is just not true.

Also, ever since I took over hosting, you never said anything to me about fixing your areas. Hell, I didn't even know you were working on any areas. You offered to DM, to which I said no thanks, because I didn't AND STILL DON'T want too many hands in that. I gave one other person that I trust access, only because of different timezones that player could cover times when I was not available. If that's not being attentive to what's happening on the server, I don't know what is. Believe me, I caught your gripe about me in there, and I'm not sure where you're coming from, unless you're talking about since Raven started hosting while I spend my time either at work or busy buying a house. I close in 11 days though, but no idea how soon after I can get internet hooked up. I think it's a damn miracle that I actually remember to check the forums and try to keep up during this process, and if you don't see it that way, then I'm sorry.

Basically, what this boils down to, is ban and police the "powergamers" so that they don't break your RP environment. Correct me if I'm wrong Moth, but I could have SWORN your vision for this iteration of Anphillia was meant to cater to ALL styles of play, and give EVERYONE a place. The things they do are not against the rules per say, but they are very dickish. Once I get back into it for real, dickish things will be punished, and punished severely. (See: Banning the dickish person who dominated creatures in Ranz to kill AFK players.)

I didn't agree to host to please everyone. I agreed to host to keep the community that I have been a part of for almost 10 years alive. If you no longer wish to be a part of that community, so be it. I can say that I am not even logging in and I am tired of hearing people gripe. WHY CAN'T EVERYONE JUST STOP BEING OBNOXIOUS TO EACH OTHER?! Is it -really- that hard? Maybe the time has just passed for NWN and we should give up. The community nowadays is too divided; there aren't enough different servers to keep each specific type of player occupied, so we're having to mesh all sorts of different people together and it just doesn't work. I'm rambling now, I'm incredibly tired after working 12 hours and spending the next hour on the phone. SO, do whatever you want to do. Just stop blaming me for your problems with the server.

Rann Cora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:20 pm

It was the same email I suggested DMing that asked to fix errors in the mod, and you did not respond at all. That is by definition 'non responsive'

The fact remains that my additions are unfinished and broken, I still want to play this game and have every right and ability to host my own mod if I do not like this one, as you say. My problem is the ever presence of griefers and people that do not role play. They seem to HATE fellow players just because they are on a different team. I have peacefully and respectfully appealed to the powers that be and until I made this drastic post have had no response.

I intend no drama and if any civil discussion is somehow suddenly welcomed I would prefer this avenue of resolution.

No offense Rann because I have no ill judgement of you other than not respecting my letter with a response but you are only hosting because the most active voters in the forum at the time had no other volunteers. Your hosting has already proven unreliable as I believe Raven has added stability, all due respect.
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Whoisthere Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:26 pm

P.S. Happy B-Day...
"Users with a birthday within the next 7 days: -terenee- (29) "
Now go take your Wine and Cake some other place, your digging a hole no one is going to want you out of soon....
Whoisthere
Whoisthere

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:24 am

I do not believe you added any thing constructive to this topic, a birthday is irrelevant
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Rann Cora Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:17 am

I didn't respond with a no thanks? Ah well. My apologies, I could've sworn I did. Obviously I had a ton of messages flying back and forth when I started hosting.

I never pretended to be a scripter/builder or a RP DM. In fact, I probably said that somewhere that I wasn't planning to do either of those things, and once the player base allowed it those things would come. Moth I believe also told me privately that around August he would be back to work on the mod some more. Also, we went into me hosting KNOWING that I was moving at the end of July and that could cause complications. I made no effort to hide that when I offered, and I KNOW I said it to everyone.

No offense to Raven, but I'm not entirely sure he's added any more "stability" than when I hosted. Resets happened at least every other day, I never heard any complaints about lag, and I went to what I consider fairly extreme lengths to make sure that was the case before I took over. I was providing admin services and a machine to play on, with some DM policing and fixing problems. I feel I gave everyone exactly what I promised before I passed the torch to Raven, and I am sorry if you see differently. The ONLY hiccup I can remember as a host was when there was a thunderstorm causing a power loss and corrupting several character files, all of which I fixed as soon as I could catch the players online, so if that ruins your view of my stability as a host, there is nothing I can do about it.

I don't intend to be combative in my responses to you Terenee, but your comments read a little passive aggressive to me. Probably just the fact that tone doesn't convey through text. I'd like to know exactly how you think Raven has added more stability. Partly so I can understand where you're coming from, and mostly so I know what I've done to make you think negatively on my hosting capabilities and learn and move forward. I am in sales for a living, and every time I have a client not buy from me, I make it a point to ask them to be honest and tell me WHY they didn't purchase. This results in either the customer buying because they realize there isn't a good answer to that question, or I learn what I did wrong and correct my sales pitch next time. Same rule applies here it seems.

Whoisthere, I'm sorry, but you're not helping this discussion. Either say something of value or don't say anything and let us converse, please. Trolling doesn't help, and I genuinely want to hear what is to be said.

Let me also pose a question to you. These powergamers/griefers/whatever, they no longer play under the Unty name, but that's pretty much who they are. If, as a host and admin, you forcibly remove ONE of them, you will lose ALL of them (and probably have to forcibly remove all of them due to shared logins and other such workarounds that would allow one that is forcibly removed to log in to another's account), from an already tiny player base. And not ALL of them are that bad. What would you do?

Rann Cora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Whoisthere Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:57 am

-terenee- wrote:I do not believe you added any thing constructive to this topic, a birthday is irrelevant
I don't think this started with anything constructive to begin with..!!
Whoisthere
Whoisthere

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothMan Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:18 am

-terenee- wrote:I do respect that, however my own content is also on this version of the mod. I was disallowed during the transfer of host to fix several errors and unfinished portions. Part of my problem he is that the areas i made were made live before I expected then I was never given the mod to properly secure and edit them. Then I was blamed entirely for the exploitative access players were allowed by ignoring the incomplete status of these additions.

I have both copies of this mod but I will be using the one with my own creative content, albeit reduced. If you would like to email me a list of scripts and content you do not want used I will review it and respect your creative work as I have been denied.

I do now and have always been grateful for your additions and aid to our gameplay Moth, you make it possible. I only wish you had given as much care as to who would host your world.
-
First thing here; you were not blamed as much as Felix was for your mistakes when adding content to the MOD.
Yeah sure you messed up (which means you are not blameless), but Felix should not have sent the MOD to someone who isn't familiar with how things are done around here.
In his defense, he assumed no one would be presumptuous enough to add new top tier items to the MOD, which turned out to be not at all in line with the item-buff system we use around here.
Either way, it's all water under the bridge. As I said to you several times in our PM-conversations, things like these happens when you are new to all this.

But it's all really OK, I didn't mind that happening at all - we got to ban out a group of cheaters from the MOD (shocking news for those who missed that, it was the Unty gang again).
I think it benefited the Server at the end of the day.
At least until we got a new host and the Ban-list wasn't transferred.
If someone, or a group of people, always manage to get themselves banned, without us host really knowing their identities beforehand, you know they are someone you don't want on a Server.

Second thing here; your content is no longer is the running version of the MOD. It was removed by me for several reasons, but mainly because it was exploitable and caused a blueprint cap. While it is true that you should have been credited for your work for the short while it was in the MOD, it was something that should have been sorted out by you and the host at the time - Felix.
As it stands now it is irrelevant, as anything added by you was removed (unless I missed something, in which case let me know so I can remove it ASAP).
In essence, you have no claim here. You have a claim on your own content WITHIN a version of this MOD. But you have no claim to this MOD by any stretch of the imagination.

To answer the third thing here; I never chose anyone to run my MOD, aside from myself, Serverguy, Cloetta and Dack. (Which might be names unfamiliar to some, as these were hosts 4-5 years ago.)
The rest just picked up the MOD either from the gutter or from the NWvault.

Like this MOD for instance; It was picked up from the NWVault (Anphillia Genesis Public Release) by some dude called Starbridge of something and hosted as it was for awhile.
People showed up and eventually another group of players/modders, who had done yet another version of Anphillia Genesis called Anphillia Exodus, showed up here and started building on Anphillia Genesis again - bringing some of the things they made on Exodus into this MOD.
So this is basically Anphillia Genesis with a few cherry picked things from Anphillia Exodus - leaving us with Anphillia Continuum.
It's kinda complicated, but at the end of the day this MOD is very similar to Anphillia Genesis in the vault and that is the one that anyone looking to run an Anphillia Genesis server, should use.

Which leads me to which MOD you should run, where you seem to be missing my point.
The MOD (Continuum) you have that was sent to you by Felix is not something you have any right to use under any circumstances.
It was never sent to you for your own usage or to do with as you saw fit.
It is not your work and you have no right to modify it.

Obviously you are entitled to the handful of areas and items you made and you are free to use those as you please - they can easily be exported from Continuum to the Public Release version (Genesis) for example.
If the blueprints doesn't conflict with Continuum they most likely won't with Genesis, it's an easy matter of export/import.

When I made a public version of Genesis I effectively said; Here, go ahead and modify or expand upon this material as you see fit.
This is NOT the case with the Continuum MOD you were sent.
It was not and is not intended for someone to build upon or expand upon as they see fit.

Now obviously I can't do anything about it, should you wish to run the MOD anyways.
You have the material and you can use it, there is probably nothing I can do to stop it.

So I guess it boils down to if you want to run a Server with a MOD you then effectively stolen.
Seems to me like a bad place to start off when trying to establish a new NWN Server community.

So, again, I implore you to not use the MOD Felix sent you and build upon the Anphillia Genesis version in the NWVault - it will work just fine.

-TheMothMan
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:17 am

To Rann Cora: I whole-heartedly apologize, our disagreement must have been miscommunication. It is actually quite refreshing to see a non hostile truthful explanation written here. You are correct that most of my accusation stems from being 'ignored' about my request and not noticing you online as a DM (not that I would unless I were doing something illegal I guess) If you can provide a stable host AND a true open and honest forum to players to DISCUSS issue civilly I am behind your hosting 100%.

To Moth: I thank you for your respectful response and understand your points. I do feel that you are just nicely saying you dont want ME to use YOUR creative work, I do feel it is personal but you have given me no real reason to believe this just your constant resistance to any idea about this mod that is not your own, kind of like Plum has.

As far as my changes not being active that is not true unless you re-confused the Ancient Gra Passages and removed the Fort sparring pits. Nevertheless I respect you as an artist and entertainer and will not dishonor your work by using it without permission.

I have already began a new forum which I do implore our group to move to as no one left on this forum has full admin access and many old topics just take up space. I also feel that there needs to be one less player to add as a permanent DM -- not for policing the players but interacting with them. It would add much entertainment in long boring nights when everyone is afk.

To Whom it May Concern;

I like anyone want people to like me but I am passionate when I see something I feel needs to change, I am not asking to be a DM or fort leader again but I have led guilds on Everquest, Factions on NWN and DM'd pen and paper, EQ and NWN for more than ten years.. believe it or not I know a little something about giving players a fruitful gaming experience, I would appreciate patience and observation from less mature forum users before brash baseless commentary begins. Thanks.
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothMan Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:45 am

-terenee- wrote:To Rann Cora: I whole-heartedly apologize, our disagreement must have been miscommunication. It is actually quite refreshing to see a non hostile truthful explanation written here. You are correct that most of my accusation stems from being 'ignored' about my request and not noticing you online as a DM (not that I would unless I were doing something illegal I guess) If you can provide a stable host AND a true open and honest forum to players to DISCUSS issue civilly I am behind your hosting 100%.

To Moth: I thank you for your respectful response and understand your points. I do feel that you are just nicely saying you dont want ME to use YOUR creative work, I do feel it is personal but you have given me no real reason to believe this just your constant resistance to any idea about this mod that is not your own, kind of like Plum has.

As far as my changes not being active that is not true unless you re-confused the Ancient Gra Passages and removed the Fort sparring pits. Nevertheless I respect you as an artist and entertainer and will not dishonor your work by using it without permission.

I have already began a new forum which I do implore our group to move to as no one left on this forum has full admin access and many old topics just take up space. I also feel that there needs to be one less player to add as a permanent DM -- not for policing the players but interacting with them. It would add much entertainment in long boring nights when everyone is afk.

To Whom it May Concern;

I like anyone want people to like me but I am passionate when I see something I feel needs to change, I am not asking to be a DM or fort leader again but I have led guilds on Everquest, Factions on NWN and DM'd pen and paper, EQ and NWN for more than ten years.. believe it or not I know a little something about giving players a fruitful gaming experience, I would appreciate patience and observation from less mature forum users before brash baseless commentary begins. Thanks.
I'm sorry, I wasn't aware you added the Sparring Pits.
I was under the impression that it was Felix idea and addition, thought I have to be honest and say I don't actually recall him saying so.
Nevertheless, if they are your work you should be credited and if you did indeed create them, I will personally make sure you are properly credited in the Area's Comments.
I can't see any changes made to any of the Gra Passage-areas at first glance, if you could be more specific to what you've done there I can credit or remove those changes.

I want to point out that I like your "I can do this better"-attitude.
Some people may take offence to this or take it personally, but I encourage it.
It's exactly that entrepreneur-spirit that gets stuff done in the world.
It's how it all started for me too. Smile

I also encourage you to use my work, but only what I made public.
I would love to see what you can make out of Anphillia Genesis, see if you can make a new spin-off MOD.

As for shutting down new ideas, I would have to agree with you.
I'm not the most open minded guy when it comes to my vision on how a MOD should be.
That being said, I think the Sparring Pits in the fort was a good idea, granted not a far stretch from my 5 year old sparring-area in Ranzington - so maybe that's why I liked them. Very Happy

I wish you luck and hope you get the project going, something I know can be tricky.
And remember that you are always welcome back here if things don't go as you planned.

Thank you for not using the Anphillia Continuum MOD!

Good luck!

-TheMothMan
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:55 pm

I had a much lengthier post but I managed to accidentally delete it but...

In short, The Sparring Pits were my ideal but it was before Felix gave me access to the builder forum and gave me the mod so he actually constructed it.

As far as the Ancient Gra Passages; I fixed the transitions that used to cause you to tran to areas far passed areas that were supposed to be connected or being able to turn around from where you just transed and go to a completely different area, it all connects sensibly now. I also removed the original connecting are (i forget the name just now) and connected them in the base Ancient Gra Passage (the one connected to the Excavation areas)

I am going to be to staying here for awhile, but in my off time I intend to round out a new mod for a just in case day, I will also still be building a comprehensive new forum that I do feel we should move to even if we do not change the mod. We need moderators and leaderhip both in game and here in our forum.

I still ask Rann (even if it is not me) to choose a DM not just to police the rules but to interact with players in a ROLEPLAY capacity, this will do wonders for increasing the feel of the theme in our mod.
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothMan Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:30 pm

-terenee- wrote:The Sparring Pits were my ideal but it was before Felix gave me access to the builder forum and gave me the mod so he actually constructed it.
I see. This does not warrant a credit as far as I am concerned. You suggest there be something more/another of something that was essentially already in the MOD (The Pit) and someone else actually constructed and visualized it.

-terenee- wrote:As far as the Ancient Gra Passages; I fixed the transitions that used to cause you to tran to areas far passed areas that were supposed to be connected or being able to turn around from where you just transed and go to a completely different area, it all connects sensibly now. I also removed the original connecting are (i forget the name just now) and connected them in the base Ancient Gra Passage (the one connected to the Excavation areas)
This is essentially a bugfix and a reassembly of how areas connect, if I understood this correctly (please let me know if I misunderstood).
This is a matter of perspective I guess, but I personally don't give credit or credit myself to bug fixes.
NWN is a buggy game and I've spend hour upon hours fixing bugs in the code, but still I don't really credit myself unless I brought something new to the table so to speak.
Possibly if re-witting the whole script is a must, I might do it.

My interest lies in protecting creative content and less in crediting people for man hours, but again - that's different from person to person.

-terenee- wrote:If you would like to email me a list of scripts and content you do not want used I will review it and respect your creative work as I have been denied.
I still argue that there is no "creative work" that is yours within this MOD.
I am not trying to argue with you friend, I simply want this to be done right.
If you brought this up, we will go to the bottom of it and we will sort it out, but we will do it right.
If this is important to you, I fully respect that and I will give you credit where credit is due - but I will not credit you for fixing a broken transit and switching around entrances/exits.

Again, if you feel that I am wrong or trivializing your contribution to this MOD (since there clearly has been work done to this MOD that I am not aware of), I urge you to correct me and yet again bring it to my attention.

This is how I reason in general when it comes to crediting and this is what I tell people working with me on any of my MODs;
If someone fixes a minor error, like say a transit that is acting up and you recreate it and use waypoint instead or whatever, this to me doesn't really warrant any credit.
Same goes for a placeable that's floating mid-air or something like that.
It's a simple fix, known to basically everyone who has opened the toolset and it's just a matter of finding it (normally something that the players notice first) and actually taking 3 minutes to fix it.

If there is a real game breaking bug in the game and then someone finds a way to fix this, by some clever coding or whatever, then this warrants a credit.
But if there is no actually building done, either in code or in tiles/npc/story/items or whatever, I think adding a credit is kinda silly.

To me it's all about protecting the original content, the conceptual work and so on.
I will obviously credit man hours if someone spends hours upon hours of coding, but adding script form the script wizard or Lilac's scriptgenerator isn't really what I mean by that.
But then again, if we are talking about 100's of hours, someone will be credited for it. Smile

I realize I'm kinda contradicting here, but it's a matter of adding something to the MOD and the overall gameplay and stability of the MOD.
This is what I personally will credit for.

All of this ranting aside, this isn't just my MOD and looking around in some of the more recent scripts, people are being credited for just rearranging lines of code, like:

Putting this line of code
Down here instead
While moving this to the top of it all

And then calling it a "Cleaning of a script".
So I assume the crediting rules or whatever we are suppose to call it, are a bit lose in this particular MOD. Smile

TLDR; Show me what you actually contributed and added to the MOD, and I will credit you for it.

Cheers!

-TheMothMan
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rann Cora Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:00 pm

Just as a note, I do have forum access at work, so I can pop in while I'm here and respond, from time to time, depending on if we're slow or not. Now we happen to be slow lol.

Um, I'd appreciate any help that can be gained from a building or scripting standpoint, but that rests with Moth and Moth alone.

Moving forums seems like a legitimately good idea, since you're right, no one has true admin access here. I know it says Admin by my name, but I've never really been able to DO anything.

I wish the ban list had been transferred now. That probably would've helped the current situation. I'm debating banning the Unty clan as I did when I first started hosting. They cause a ton of trouble, and had I known they were banned before, I'd have kept it the same way. There are a ton of reasons that I have for both doing and not doing this, I'm just not sure. I'll make that decision once I get into my house and get internet and host again. I think a zero tolerance policy for dick-ish-ness should go into effect.

I would LOVE to have a good RPDM. The thing is, that person really really should be a DM ONLY with no player or anything, and that means 1 less player to fill the seats as it were. Like I mentioned, it was my intention to have someone fill this role eventually.

I'm going to throw this out there. This may not be popular, but it just popped into my head, and it seems like... well it seems kinda fun.
When I get back to hosting, let's wipe again. Let's start out with 1 faction, and 1 RPDM. Let's have that DM be a true DM, and as our characters grow and level up etc etc, as we hopefully draw old players back and get some more numbers, he/she can guide us to a roleplayed division. Say, a disagreement between two prospective leaders divides the population, and the loser just decides to leave with his followers and do his own thing. Or whatever. This will give us MORE opportunity as players to interact with each other, to RP as intended, to work together, and it'll make everything VERY interesting when things go down. Choices will be made, brother will fight brother, it all sounds SO awesome in my head. I'm rambling again. OH A CUSTOMER! GOTTA GO

Rann Cora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Add9k Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:27 pm

Well.. in reference to the trans-fix... if the person who fixes them should get credit.. shouldn't we also give credit to the two players who reported them?
(As a bug tester I don't personally get credit for the bugs I find and report.. but co-workers offer encouragement and support.)

https://anphgenesis.forumotion.com/t630-bugged-trans

I hope things have calmed down.. and stay calm. I don't like reading how 1 player is complaining to the point of threatening to quit unless "this happens". Play because you want to play.. if you no longer find it fun... don't put yourself through hell or a bothersome.

I can't help but feel a need to defend Rann as a host, he has been nothing but helpful and attentive during the time that the group of unty (and a few non-unty friends, who probably wouldn't have joined in on the harrassment were it not for the influence/peer pressure) were ooc-hostile towards me in the game due to taking the competitiveness to far... instead of focusing on nwn/anphillia's actual gameplay and remaining sportsmen like.

Also as for the stability, There is no way to judge which host between Rann or Raven has been more stable... Considering that I've witnessed plenty of teammates dieing.. and they claim it is due to lag... and not always because of their internet connection.. but due to universal server lag. And I do remember dieing a few during Rann's hosting time and lag complaints. Both have has down times which were unexpected/planned... so such a judgment is not valid and can't be proven.

-terenee- I'm not sure I saw you playing under any of your accounts while Rann was hosting...?
So I'm confused why you'd pass a judgment about the stability if you never "sampled it".
As far as I can guess.. you only have possibly two characters?
A cleric not past lvl 21... who I've seen passively logging in a few times while Rann hosted...
and now during Raven's hosting time you've only recently past lvl 21 with a build made popular by -Rabidus- (damn him..).

I also wouldn't feel stability in moving over to a new forum where the admin has a tendency to use ultimatums or defamation.
Maturity and objectivity is ideal characteristics for a leader/host/person in authority, sorry if anyone is offended by this but... it is just my personal preference and if you (-terenee-) weren't trying to sound like you were making ultimatums or you were defamatory towards Rann then that's fine it'll be great if it was unintentional.

Still rather have Rann or Raven or THE Host, start/make the new forum for us all to join.
I'd be up for trying out Rann's idea and open to a fresh start... Considering the shades having given certain player's an advantage pre-nerf. However more discussion might need to be had for how this whole 1-faction thing would work.. game-wise.
A few questions that come to mind are;
If everyone joins Cleaven and the split happens, do players switching to axfell get rebuilds?
Would Alignment restricted builds be stuck staying in the cleaven faction?
Or would Paladins/Harper Scouts/CoTs be able to change to evil-alignment classes in a rebuild?
Would those alignment restricted classes be able to rebuild to a build that has no alignment restrictions... like a charger or a pure caster?

Or will the mod be temporary modified to permit any and all alignments in the 1 faction to avoid the need of rebuilds?
-with the exception of lawful neutral, TN, and chaotic neutral not being permitted?
--otherwise axfell harper scouts/COTs and speedy/tanky druids/shifter builds due to monk lvls or dwarven defender lvls. Shocked

Will the map change drastically for this new format, or try the new format on this map to simplify things...
maybe add temporary scripts to block entry to 2nd faction area (so if Cleaven is the 1 faction.. trans to rustin road will be temporary disable...).

Now I'm eager to try this idea out... I've never played an anphillia which is focused on the origins of the war's birth. I think it has some real potential!

Add9k

Back to top Go down

Post  Whoisthere Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:43 pm

All sounds interesting but when I read this.. "When I get back to hosting, let's wipe again. Let's start out with 1 faction, and 1 RPDM." my head hurts.. Wipe.. Wipe .. Wipe.. I think I might have just hit the end of my wipe wall... I love Anphillia, all mod flavors (v3 by far when the best items where crafted) but the wipe button seems to be like the "Easy Button" around here... yes, I say back to basics, back to the old RP Anphillia..
Whoisthere
Whoisthere

Back to top Go down

Post  sniqow Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:51 pm

Lets all just shut up and play.

Smile

I've seen more action on this thread than in game.

sniqow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum