Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion

+20
Rann Cora
Wordack
epm
sniqow
J. Persinne
unknown_user
Skaldic
SeXy_SnipER
dinkydinkydoo
StateOfMind
Lunatik
TheMothMan
-terenee-
TheeVals
Felix
Sancho
Professor Plum
Denmc
Linee353
Rugnarie
24 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Suggestion - Page 6 Empty Re: Suggestion

Post  Professor Plum Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:30 am

While I agree it's useful - cycling through every item in a PC's inventory is not a great idea.

I'd suggest an improvement, which may make it less/more useful depending on how you look at things!

Move the script to an 'identify' chest/workstation - which can be summoned via the crafting menu.

Have the script identify everything in the chest as above. However include a break if the item is already identified (Hence you can't stack up a chest with crap and cause problems).

Also give the option of selling the chests contents, so it actually improves efficiency overall.

==

Another, more efficient way, would be to auto-id an item whenever it's picked up. Less party friendly though!
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Dae_Blazin Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:58 am

Professor Plum wrote:Move the script to an 'identify' chest/workstation - which can be summoned via the crafting menu. Have the script identify everything in the chest as above.
I don't see how that would be an improvment really. You'd just switch what is doing the IDing, plus, I'd have to rig up a way to tell the chest what your lore is and then run against that variable. Oooh, there could be a desk with a static pile of books that gives a bonus though. That's a good idea...

Professor Plum wrote:However include a break if the item is already identified (Hence you can't stack up a chest with crap and cause problems).
There is, it dose nothing to that item and moves on. It's the
if(!GetIdentified(oItem)){ --- }
If (not! ID'd){runs the ID process and marks it accordingly}

Professor Plum wrote:Also give the option of selling the chests contents, so it actually improves efficiency overall.
I could do that, but it is up to MothMan in the end. The point of the above script was to remove the time of IDing items, not selling them. Not, really sure how to do that... make a conversation pop up when it's closed maybe?

Professor Plum wrote:Another, more efficient way, would be to auto-id an item whenever it's picked up. Less party friendly though!
That is doable as well. And with a shorter script, link it on the mods on aquire item script, hmm. I beleave that NWN2 had that as a game mechanic.

But again that is Mothmans option.
I'm oversteping bounderies as it is by making the script. I sorta got excited that somebody else liked my idea... Neutral
Dae_Blazin
Dae_Blazin

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:08 pm

Dae_Blazin wrote:
Professor Plum wrote:Move the script to an 'identify' chest/workstation - which can be summoned via the crafting menu. Have the script identify everything in the chest as above.
I don't see how that would be an improvment really. You'd just switch what is doing the IDing, plus, I'd have to rig up a way to tell the chest what your lore is and then run against that variable. Oooh, there could be a desk with a static pile of books that gives a bonus though. That's a good idea...

Professor Plum wrote:However include a break if the item is already identified (Hence you can't stack up a chest with crap and cause problems).
There is, it dose nothing to that item and moves on. It's the
if(!GetIdentified(oItem)){ --- }
If (not! ID'd){runs the ID process and marks it accordingly}

This was supposed to be in conjuction with the second part.

The problem with your script is it will cycle through every single item in a players inventory. Which is extremely inefficient and, more importantly, can be very easily be misused to force a server crash. It's not a break if the loop continues.

The advantages of a chest:

• It will only cycle through items in a chest.
    More efficient as fewer items.

• It is possible to break the loop if an item in the chest is already ID'd.
    Players legitimately have ID'd inventory items, so it's not functional to include that check for them.
    Promotes people to not misuse the script to induce latency or crash the server, it will have to be used legitimately or it won't work. Again, more efficient.

• A chest can simply take a variable when it's spawned by a player and run checks against that - or more dynamically simply from the on-closed event.

• It has a distinct advantage over the on-acquire method. It would be called less, wouldn't make unnecessary checks and wouldn't require trading back and forth when assisting your buddies!
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Skaldic Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 pm

DRAGREM suggestion!

Could he be made immune to stuns?
It's ridiculous that a character who isn't taller more than his claws can stun him....
Also make his fire breathe more scary...Like....+- 600 dmg scary. He's supposed to be toughest bastard around!

Also what's up with his selection of targets? I buffed up to hells trying to test my dmg shields and he kept ignoring Thordis...

Skaldic

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:27 am

Dragons should be stun immune by default - I'm going out on a limb and saying that'll prolly be fixed!

Damnable OP stun fisters!
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:51 am

I agree. Dragons should be epic, he is outdated. That being said with additions the Slayer's Trophy could use an upgrade as well. The spells it offers are now all available on other cheap or common items.
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:26 am

Isendel wrote:I agree. Dragons should be epic, he is outdated. That being said with additions the Slayer's Trophy could use an upgrade as well. The spells it offers are now all available on other cheap or common items.

I second this, completely.
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothMan Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:51 am

Roshnak wrote:
Isendel wrote:I agree. Dragons should be epic, he is outdated. That being said with additions the Slayer's Trophy could use an upgrade as well. The spells it offers are now all available on other cheap or common items.

I second this, completely.
I third this. Very Happy
It used to be good, before the changes to the Stores were made.
Now getting Keen Edge as easy as walking to Ranz.

Dra'GremMacha'Sit needs an update, yeah.

-TheMothMan
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:38 am

Fourthed!
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Dae_Blazin Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:13 pm

!! I have an idea! How about a way to cast fake spells at things/people/areas.

We could make it look like we're casting some RP spell without it showing up. So like, if two people choose to willingly have say telepathic bond, they have an RP for it? Or just to look at neat animations.

btw
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Telepathic_Bond
Dae_Blazin
Dae_Blazin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:33 pm

Purchasable shadowsheild potions please? Smile

Players can get a potion for greater stoneskin, etherial visage, restoration, Mind Blank, Deathward, Divine Power, etc.

Why not a potion of the buff; Shadowsheild? xD
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  Skaldic Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:27 pm

Because shapechangers don't really need any more love...

Skaldic

Back to top Go down

Post  Dae_Blazin Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:36 pm

Skaldic wrote:Because shapechangers don't really need any more love...
What about wizards? Do we get more love? I demand more love!

And that brings me to another point. Mr. Magus can make all these great and wonderfull potions why the hell can't we? And why is it we're stuck with lowest level score, it should scale up with us. Yes I know the toolset has set levels, but once we reach that level we should be able to do it? It's not like we're making this for free.

I say wands and potions get bumped up to eather all spells or let the spell levels of current go up better. I offer to make people these things but the magus kills my busness since his last longer.

MothMan. I know you know I know you Know how, and now they know, we know, and we know they know we know. If you just want to do something else tell Dae to start do'nit.
Dae_Blazin
Dae_Blazin

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:45 pm

Gold being useful, balance, balance and more balance would be the answer.
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:46 pm

Dae_Blazin wrote:
MothMan. I know you know I know you Know how, and now they know, we know, and we know they know we know. If you just want to do something else tell Dae to start do'nit.

Wait.... what do I know? and more importantly.. did you know that I might not have known what they know that you know what everyone else but I seem to know? ...

The potions would also benefit builds with 0 UMD -an alternative to having an army of items in the inventory
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  Rann Cora Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:50 pm

I'd pay 30k per stack for haste potions that cast haste at level 40. It's really more of an inconvenience to be running across the world and have to STOP... drink a potion/use a wand, and resume. Haste is PRACTICALLY infinite as long as you have gold, and the less it inconveniences me to have to potion/wand every 30 seconds the better.

Rann Cora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:25 am

Rann Cora wrote:I'd pay 30k per stack for haste potions that cast haste at level 40. It's really more of an inconvenience to be running across the world and have to STOP... drink a potion/use a wand, and resume. Haste is PRACTICALLY infinite as long as you have gold, and the less it inconveniences me to have to potion/wand every 30 seconds the better.

As someone who has been active in PvP in other instances in the mod, I know you don't believe that. For other people:

Haste is infinite (In bursts) so long as you have infinite gold (Which you don't).
Wands are better than potions. (No AoO)
A 40 cast haste is more powerful than a lower level of haste. (Dispels)

The potions would also benefit builds with 0 UMD -an alternative to having an army of items in the inventory

They would also, make builds with UMD, even more unnecessary!
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Dae_Blazin Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:04 am

Professor Plum wrote:
Rann Cora wrote:It's really more of an inconvenience to be running across the world and have to STOP... drink a potion/use a wand, and resume.
Haste is infinite (In bursts)A 40 cast haste is more powerful than a lower level of haste. (Dispels)
The burst and dispell I understand. I'm not argueing the part about dispelling it eather Hast is a powerful enchantment, which is why perma-hast was disabled

Plum, have you ever looked at the toolset? You can't make a level 40 hast potion, the mechanics do not allow it, that is why potion of speed and greater potion of speed are at 5 and 10.

The point I am making is that those options are in the toolset, and with some manipulation you can make it so adding them to a wand or potion when crafted. Would make sense, as I don't know why somebody would choose to make a half-ass potion.
(sorry for swearing)
Professor Plum wrote:
They would also, make builds with UMD, even more unnecessary!
It seems to me that most of the builds that don't have UMD have specialty items in the store to help them anyways. Alot of people that have a class that dosn't have UMD, like a fighter, normaly take levels in a class that dose for other reasons. (Like fighter/rogue for sneak attack and evasion)

Again it's not like you can't get them anyways. Next time your at Ranzington stop at the magus and just look at the potions. The only differance is that instead of running to the city and paying a high amount of gold with no RP other then "needa buy potions" you can I dunno, relie on your faction members like your -suposed- to anyways, and it promotes more RP.

Willow trys to run a potion/wand/scroll shop for the people of Cleaven, but most people don't bother with it as her potions are weaker then what they can just spend a little more to buy.

Hast at caster level 5 (Willow)
Hast at caster level 10 (Magus) that lasts longer for a pinch more gold(which is easy to get anyways)

Willow has told basicly everybody in the fort she sells this stuff, but nobody ever asks me for anything save for 2 times I was asked for mantle scrolls, and while activly in the field a long ways from ranzington i got asked for a potion of speed. -A- potion.

I'm looking for something other then throwing 100+ daggers at the same man every day who probly just puts them in a box and drops them in the ocean...
I love you Val I love you
Dae_Blazin
Dae_Blazin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:39 am

Dae_Blazin wrote:
Again it's not like you can't get them anyways. Next time your at Ranzington stop at the magus and just look at the potions. The only differance is that instead of running to the city and paying a high amount of gold with no RP other then "needa buy potions" you can I dunno, relie on your faction members like your -suposed- to anyways, and it promotes more RP.

So people can make potions of shadowsheild...? (I'm never used the crafting potion/wand/scroll thing but I'm vaguely aware of the spell limitations.)
-Any chance of getting potions to craft higher lvl spells (with the limits of heal potions not being craftable of course.)

-------------
Another idea... Razz more horn signals.
You hear an ally use the '/enemies' signal yet! You aint budging or rushing to their aid until you know oocly what you'll be getting into.

A few new horn signals will fix this slight problem with players being hesitant to answer the call.. and requiring ooc knowledge first.

Something like.. /enemies2 to denote only 2 or 'a few' (I'm not sure if vague amounts would change anything though)

of course the alternative would be to just ignore the tells of your allies who pvp conditionally but then the purpose of the /enemies signal is nullified...

which brings me to a radical extreme suggestion...
Temporarly set the server to No-PvP and block access to each temple.
Since there seems to be some issues with pvp and player's don't respect/value it enough to participate. Smile
(More so a sarcastic suggestion, I know this won't happen thankfully. It's up to those anti-pvp players just to deal with it.)
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  Dae_Blazin Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:01 pm

TheeVals wrote:So people can make potions of shadowsheild...? (I'm never used the crafting potion/wand/scroll thing but I'm vaguely aware of the spell limitations.)
Scrolls provide every spell, Wands are level 4 and down spells, potions are level 3 and down benificial.

TheeVals wrote:A few new horn signals will fix this slight problem with players being hesitant to answer the call.. and requiring ooc knowledge first.
Second!

TheeVals wrote:which brings me to a radical extreme suggestion...
Temporarly set the server to No-PvP and block access to each temple.
Since there seems to be some issues with pvp and player's don't respect/value it enough to participate. Smile
(More so a sarcastic suggestion, I know this won't happen thankfully. It's up to those anti-pvp players just to deal with it.)
We could allways do this RP wise, and have like, Cleaven Councle and... I'm not sure what Axfell has, could meet somewhere neutral and form a temperary peace treaty.
I beleave that was done on a differant server once. And Ranzington had an arena and people used that to slug it out when insulting wasn't good enough.
Dae_Blazin
Dae_Blazin

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:15 pm

Dae_Blazin wrote:
Plum, have you ever looked at the toolset? You can't make a level 40 hast potion, the mechanics do not allow it, that is why potion of speed and greater potion of speed are at 5 and 10.

Really? You can't make a haste potion at any other level than that?

Have you ever looked at scripting?

The point I am making is that those options are in the toolset, and with some manipulation you can make it so adding them to a wand or potion when crafted. Would make sense, as I don't know why somebody would choose to make a half-ass potion.
(sorry for swearing)

That's all well and good.

However, giving people the potential access to limitless 40th level cross class buffs is not good for balance.

Perhaps you can roleplay making the potions from an alchemic method - as oppose to a purely magical one. Hence their limited potential.

It seems to me that most of the builds that don't have UMD have specialty items in the store to help them anyways. Alot of people that have a class that dosn't have UMD, like a fighter, normaly take levels in a class that dose for other reasons. (Like fighter/rogue for sneak attack and evasion)

They do indeed, but they're very limited - take up space and are much, much more annoying to use in a life or death situation.

For example, I always have a death-ward wand equipped - even though it's cheaper to use books. Books don't hold 50 charges though.

Mantles / Mords are also pretty awesome.

I disagree. Having to go to Ranzington, to trade for potions, fits itself very nicely into any RP.
You rely on your faction members every time you head out with them PvE and PvP - the gold you need, you obtain with them. So you are relying on them even when making purchases.
I always craft wands. Unless I was a shifter, there's no reason I'd use potions.

It doesn't promote RP at all. I know several characters make toons which are solely to produce potions / wands.

Willow trys to run a potion/wand/scroll shop for the people of Cleaven, but most people don't bother with it as her potions are weaker then what they can just spend a little more to buy.

Or because they make them themselves.

Hast at caster level 5 (Willow)
Hast at caster level 10 (Magus) that lasts longer for a pinch more gold(which is easy to get anyways)

Wands > Potions

Willow has told basicly everybody in the fort she sells this stuff, but nobody ever asks me for anything save for 2 times I was asked for mantle scrolls, and while activly in the field a long ways from ranzington i got asked for a potion of speed. -A- potion.

Because they make them themselves?

I'm looking for something other then throwing 100+ daggers at the same man every day who probly just puts them in a box and drops them in the ocean...

Craft wands, they're awesome. Seriously!
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:33 pm

Dae_Blazin wrote:We could allways do this RP wise, and have like, Cleaven Councle and... I'm not sure what Axfell has, could meet somewhere neutral and form a temperary peace treaty.
I beleave that was done on a differant server once. And Ranzington had an arena and people used that to slug it out when insulting wasn't good enough.

I remember back before we were protected by hackers the host at the time put a server rule out there or.. suggestion to withhold from assaults..

I think 1-2 assaults still happened.
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:43 pm

TheeVals wrote:Another idea...more horn signals.
You hear an ally use the '/enemies' signal yet! You aint budging or rushing to their aid until you know oocly what you'll be getting into.

A few new horn signals will fix this slight problem with players being hesitant to answer the call.. and requiring ooc knowledge first.

Something like.. /enemies2 to denote only 2 or 'a few' (I'm not sure if vague amounts would change anything though)

I would love to see more like /active or /afk so characters have a way to announce in character that they are on and active or online but going off duty (afk). It wouldnt be perfect except if someone just logs in and could not see previous horn calls from their team mates but people seem to use the other horn signals for this purpose anyway.

Willow Artificiosa wrote:

I try to run a shop for my crafted goods, which include scrolls and wands from both arcane and divine spheres. I seem to have the opposite problem, most of my goods I end up just giving away to recruits and people that ask me ..'hey can you make mithral so and so' for no charge. It is my job but it would be nice to make that profit. Scrolls I sell little of, but wands.. I cannot keep bags full of wands in stock, haste wands mostly, people can not get enough. I also have many characters dependant on this supply of wands and scrolls of my own.
I dont personally feel that potions or wands should be extended in power.. I try to take UMD on as many builds as I can to use scrolls and wands as they are.
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Dae_Blazin Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:54 am

Professor Plum wrote:
Dae_Blazin wrote:

Really? You can't make a haste potion at any other level than that?

Have you ever looked at scripting?
For fuck sake YES. I tell people all the time I'm in the toolset. I posted that ID script even, I must have STOLEN it off something, it's a world of warcraft script!

Professor Plum wrote:However, giving people the potential access to limitless 40th level cross class buffs is not good for balance.
AddItemProperty(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, ItemPropertyCastSpell(IP_CONST_CASTSPELL_HASTE_5, IP_CONST_CASTSPELL_NUMUSES_SINGLE_USE), ItemHere);

AddItemProperty(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, ItemPropertyCastSpell(IP_CONST_CASTSPELL_HASTE_10, IP_CONST_CASTSPELL_NUMUSES_SINGLE_USE), ItemHere);

These are the only two ways that the cast spell hast can be adding hast to an iten.

Not the lack of 40, as I said several times before that unless you modify the game files it's -NOT POSSIBLE- so STOP BRINGING IT UP!

Professor Plum wrote:Perhaps you can roleplay making the potions from an alchemic method - as oppose to a purely magical one. Hence their limited potential.
So how is the Magus can make them then? Oh wait, the SAME way that players make them! That is my point, he can do things that are not availible to the players, which seems unfair since he's a wizard and Willow is a wizard.

Professor Plum wrote:I disagree. Having to go to Ranzington, to trade for potions, fits itself very nicely into any RP.
You rely on your faction members every time you head out with them PvE and PvP - the gold you need, you obtain with them. So you are relying on them even when making purchases.
I always craft wands. Unless I was a shifter, there's no reason I'd use potions.
As a brand new player at the starting level most people can kill hoards of goblins, just not all at the same time.

As it is now, Willow can solo all the areas inside the fort and gather the gold she needs. The only way to prevent that is to raise the mob, which would cause all new players to have no way to level, it's unavoidable.

Wands are limited to the class, potions are not. Again, there is no point making a wand for a pure barbarian because they can't use them, or make any form of wands potions scrolls, they have to ask you for them.

Traviling to Ranzington isn't dangerous, there's an item in the shops at the fort that make you invisible three times a day, then you just run past the mobs, following the road since mobs that have truesee don't spawn on it ever.

When you make a scroll wand or potion you have to have and pay an amount of gold, there's no way around it, the fact I'm making is that it's CHEAPER then the Magus

Speaking of which, how is talking to a stationary NPC that repetes the same thing over and over again RP? Players are the only creatues in the game that are not set in there actions, ergo there the only creatures you can talk to and not get the same conversation over and over again.

Professor Plum wrote:It doesn't promote RP at all. I know several characters make toons which are solely to produce potions / wands.
Professor Plum wrote:Or because they make them themselves.
Professor Plum wrote:Because they make them themselves?
Yeah, there sole purpase is to make them. They only come online to make them. Then they log off. I see it all the time. I'm talking about somebody like Willow who is my main character and not a crafting character. I basicly wasted 2 feats because there's no point in her knowing how to do this since "let's go to Ranzington there better" allways happens.

And again, I'm talking about classes that CAN'T make them.

READ THE WHOLE POST FIRST!
Dae_Blazin
Dae_Blazin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dae_Blazin Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:03 am

Isendel wrote:I try to run a shop for my crafted goods, which include scrolls and wands from both arcane and divine spheres. I seem to have the opposite problem, most of my goods I end up just giving away to recruits and people that ask me ..'hey can you make mithral so and so' for no charge. It is my job but it would be nice to make that profit. Scrolls I sell little of, but wands.. I cannot keep bags full of wands in stock, haste wands mostly, people can not get enough. I also have many characters dependant on this supply of wands and scrolls of my own.
I dont personally feel that potions or wands should be extended in power.. I try to take UMD on as many builds as I can to use scrolls and wands as they are.
Have you tryed telling them you need to be payed, and no? I'm actualy asking that not being snyde.
Willow charges the gold needed first, then makes the items. Or at least makes them come along while I gather the gold for it. (for new/low characters who can't, since there going to ask for help anyways)
Dae_Blazin
Dae_Blazin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next