Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion thread reactions

+3
TheeVals
-terenee-
Rugnarie
7 posters

Go down

Suggestion thread reactions Empty Suggestion thread reactions

Post  Rugnarie Sat May 05, 2012 2:30 pm

I don't wanna make my previous thread full of reactions pointed at reactions, hence this new thread.

Exile wrote:4. Obviously, decreasing death penalty. I have lost more exp than I have earned in this mod and can not solo anywhere worthwhile even with classes supposed to be favored on this server.
a) I realize you don't want to read this kind of thing and you even pointed that out, but WHAT?! XP penalty is there to motivate people to not die.
I don't know how you play your characters, but Shaco is lvl 33 rogue/fighter/sd and within these last 3 weeks (or something around that), he died about 6 times total...(f*cking Condors included). Almost everything can be soloed, it just takes waaay more time and it's waaay more dangerous. If you go with a group, it's way easier. You just gotta be a little bit smart.(Not trying to suggest that you are not.)

b) What classes do you play? Under favored classes I imagine plate mages with high ac, clerics with infinite heals and mini warding/high ac, and those ridiculous dragon builds. Playing one of those is easy and safe.

c)If you play a charger or some melee of any kind, don't expect anything to be easy or fast on your own.

d) I agree with you on points 1 - 3. Wink DMs and Scripters are definitely needed.

Rugnarie
Rugnarie

Back to top Go down

Suggestion thread reactions Empty Re: Suggestion thread reactions

Post  Rugnarie Sat May 05, 2012 2:54 pm

denmc wrote:why should anyone care about ninja looting all everyone does is sit around the fort exept the rogues that ninja loot and the untys that actually train and get watched by the dm while they train so why should it even matter !!!!!!!

So if rogues ninja loot only, how comes they level up so fast?
"That's easy. They afk during night and leech the xp!!" Nope. Waste of electricity.
"That's easy. They get handed tons of magical nuts in bags from their 40s alts!!"....No.
"That's easy. They run around lowbies areas to find magical nuts and turn them in for xp!"...Maybe once per reboot, tops.
"That's easy. They go out with a big group and kill stuff and get xp!" Sort of...Maybe once a day. Maybe. (And then they die twice and lose it all)

I could go on, but point stands...Not everybody who plays a sneaker ninja loots only or ninja loots period.
Rugnarie
Rugnarie

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Sat May 05, 2012 4:44 pm

Last edited by Isendel on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Sat May 05, 2012 11:43 pm

y u no react to my globs of hysteria!? *insert rage comic meme face here*

Rugnarie wrote:I could go on, but point stands...Not everybody who plays a sneaker ninja loots only or ninja loots period.

I think the ninja looters can be classified as players who are interested in gathering loot for the sake of gp or just finding items.
-at least thats what I've witnessed/understand as motives.
-can ninja loot with invis, stealth/hide, sacturary, high DC's extended blinding aoe spells...
Doesn't depend on the class.. depends on the playing style

---- edit;
As for avoiding xp loss... try making sure the server doesn't lag when you head out for a grind season or to clear an area. If you aim to kill a type of mob that is a bit of a challenge go slow one at a time and don't be afraid to retreat if you drop lower than half your health. Deny any type of mentality similair to "no taking risks no reward" Don't be afraid to rp or adapt the playing style of being a coward
(one of the reason myra rarely dies... is because i don't risk more than half my hp being gone and i don't treat extra xp as something to waste/lose... also entering fugue causes a loud bad sound that hurts my ears. Crying or Very sad )

Last edited by TheeVals on Sun May 06, 2012 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  Rugnarie Sun May 06, 2012 12:00 am

I was reacting to "except the rogues that ninja loot" Wink
Not DC mages or Protection domain clerics or anything with dust. =)
Now about the Druid...Never played it, so can'T really judge. But from what I've seen, it's nearly unkillable, because it has Epic summon, Treant, pet, some ridiculous dogs or whatever and 1 animal you use animal empathy on...+decent DC spells + Heals. So it should be quite easy to play it pvm.

I have a feeling back at the day I duelled Thonil's pure druid with my pure cleric and lost hehe.

I guess you gotta run around with axfell clerics/mages or cleaven druids to see how these classes are played or something like that...
Rugnarie
Rugnarie

Back to top Go down

Post  Denmc Sun May 06, 2012 12:37 am

hey !!!!!

Last edited by Denmc on Sun May 06, 2012 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Denmc
Denmc

Back to top Go down

Post  Denmc Sun May 06, 2012 12:40 am

hey i got a suggestion ....... MAKE ANOTHER SUGGESTION THREAD !!!!
Denmc
Denmc

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Sun May 06, 2012 4:10 am

When you're banned from a game, for cheating, why persist in posting on the forums? Rolling Eyes
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Sun May 06, 2012 9:30 am

TheeVals wrote: also entering fugue causes a loud bad sound that hurts my ears. Crying or Very sad )
Does it sound like a screeching noise almost? I have had anything player tell me this happens to them.
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Sun May 06, 2012 11:04 am

Last edited by Isendel on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Rugnarie Sun May 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Never heard the described noise...Not that I miss it... Smile
Rugnarie
Rugnarie

Back to top Go down

Post  Denmc Sun May 06, 2012 2:48 pm

im not persistingly posting on the forums plus im having more fun here posting ooc comments then playing on the mod , yea since i get my charcters taking away for placing a occ post on the mod plus i did cheat so what after the dm constantly watches you your like fuck it im going to cheat ! then i got banned for a ic comment on the board so go eat a plum professer ! lol
Denmc
Denmc

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Mon May 07, 2012 10:55 am

Well, so long as you're having fun Smile

I get that crazy noise too! I think it was a missing sound file client side, but I could be wrong.
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Denmc Mon May 07, 2012 11:12 am

well dont worry its not for long ill be back
Denmc
Denmc

Back to top Go down

Post  Rugnarie Tue May 08, 2012 12:33 pm

Professor Plum wrote:P.S. Mysterious hats are actually awesome.

They are so awesome I dumped 6 of them into trash bin today.
I had 7 and I tried them every reboot. Never achieved anything with them. F*ck 'em.
Smile
Rugnarie
Rugnarie

Back to top Go down

Post  Denmc Tue May 08, 2012 11:42 pm

its because they dont like you !!!!
Denmc
Denmc

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Wed May 09, 2012 12:38 am

You threw them away?

No wonder they don't like you Sad
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Rugnarie Thu May 10, 2012 5:20 am

StateofMind wrote: 2. Rogues could still lure them off and fight them in an area where no other monsters could see so they have their chance of looting still, but will be enough to deter the action.

Yea, because it's so easy for a rogue who relies on his sneak attacks to kill a boss with TS....See invisibility and high detect would be much more better Smile
Rugnarie
Rugnarie

Back to top Go down

Post  StateOfMind Thu May 10, 2012 6:19 am

You are correct, a rogue is not made to fight that way so if people want a char to ninja loot, they will have to build a more focused character for that which as previously stated would get rid of some of the ninja looting. ^^

StateOfMind

Back to top Go down

Post  Rugnarie Fri May 11, 2012 9:44 am

MothMan wrote:With that said, I am currently working on a new branch of areas, intended for 35+ Characters.
It's called The Forward Front and is a little set of areas that will attempt to immerse the players more into the actual war between Axfell and Cleaven, by partaking in combat against Axfell/Cleaven NPC's and possibly even players.

It sounds a lot like the frozen area from Lord of Destruction datadisc for Diablo II, when there were NPC's barbarians fighting their way through NPC's monsters...Just with Cleavens and Axfells instead. Smile
I like it!
Rugnarie
Rugnarie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down