Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new server

+15
DeathWarding
Felix
SeXy_SnipER
doused in gasoline
OmegaChaos
Dae_Blazin
Rugnarie
StateOfMind
methuen
TheMothMan
Herbaliz
EvilOne
TheeVals
Light Grenades
-Rabidus-
19 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

new server - Page 3 Empty Re: new server

Post  TheMothMan Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:44 pm

Ok, I've ran into some issues that could possibly foil my plans for a new MOD entirely.
It seems I vastly overestimated the amount of changes that can be made to the game with Haks.

I will get back to you guys when I've done some more research into the matter, but for now it seems I am dead in the water. Sad

-TheMothMan
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothMan Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:32 pm

Seems there is no way to do what I want to do, even with Hak-paks. Sad
But I still want us to have a place to play.

Maybe we can look into a MOD that is more back-to-basics.

Old school version with a new fresh feel?

I don't know, what do you guys think?

-TheMothMan
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  doused in gasoline Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:29 pm

maybe put up the last anph server and add to it ???... add areas and crafting , maybe some more high level quest and or high level party quest ?

doused in gasoline

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilOne Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:07 pm

Honestly I've been looking forward to the old classic lvls 1-20 or 1-16 low magic realm. That's what made me attracted to Anph back in the day and still does now.

EvilOne

Back to top Go down

Post  doused in gasoline Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:15 pm

well just something to the issues get resolved . maybe there can be two anphs up

doused in gasoline

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:40 pm

Hey everyone, I am def interested in playing again.

Count me in!

If you need any help let me know!
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:25 pm

EvilOne wrote:Honestly I've been looking forward to the old classic lvls 1-20 or 1-16 low magic realm. That's what made me attracted to Anph back in the day and still does now.

Would love that

DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:26 am

EvilOne wrote:Honestly I've been looking forward to the old classic lvls 1-20 or 1-16 low magic realm. That's what made me attracted to Anph back in the day and still does now.

Agreed, please whoever has contacts to this community or who ever you can reach out to please do! We need to all get something going here asap!
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothMan Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:44 am

There are stuff in the making.

-Rabidus- has hooked me up with a host for a server.
He is just waiting for me to finish the MOD - which will take time. Lots of it.

So it might be prudent to run an old school Anphillia there while I work on this MOD.
It would be good for players to "unlearn" all the Genesis-changes and areas, as well as help set the tone for a more Lite MOD.

But be warned; Once my MOD reaches a playable stage, it will be used and none of your potential characters could ever be transfered.

-TheMothMan

TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:47 am

TheMothMan wrote:There are stuff in the making.

-Rabidus- has hooked me up with a host for a server.
He is just waiting for me to finish the MOD - which will take time. Lots of it.

So it might be prudent to run an old school Anphillia there while I work on this MOD.
It would be good for players to "unlearn" all the Genesis-changes and areas, as well as help set the tone for a more Lite MOD.

But be warned; Once my MOD reaches a playable stage, it will be used and none of your potential characters could ever be transfered.

-TheMothMan

Sounds great, now about getting a server for us to play? Please can we make this happen? Like as old school mod for time being.

Please i and few buds got time off work so can we arrange this please? From an old time friend and anpher Smile

And BTW TY for putting time into dev'ing another mod Smile
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  Rann Cora Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:31 am

Hm, just when you think this game is done for, it rises from the ashes like a phoenix.

I'd probably be into trying to play something in a few months. Especially if it's anything like what Moth was describing a bit ago. That's what keeps this game going is new and innovative ways to play it. Though I'll admit, I'm not sure how much time I could REALLY commit to it.

Rann Cora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:54 am

Rann Cora wrote:Hm, just when you think this game is done for, it rises from the ashes like a phoenix.

I'd probably be into trying to play something in a few months.  Especially if it's anything like what Moth was describing a bit ago.  That's what keeps this game going is new and innovative ways to play it.  Though I'll admit, I'm not sure how much time I could REALLY commit to it.

Can someone please put up a server for us players to play on?

I have time off! I'd give anything to be able to play!

something temporary if anyone has an mod or way to host ?  I love you 
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  CubicSphere Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:05 am

Hey folks, I'm the host Moth spoke about.

We've decided that we may be running a temporary anphillia v2 module, but there's some important things you should know before we do so. First off, the module is TEMPORARY. We are serious about that. Do not get too attached to the v2 module, nor your characters. Neither are/will be compatible in any sense of the word with the newer module that is in development, hence they will be deleted the moment the new module is ready. There's also the fact that we will not be actively updating the v2 module.  There may be classic bugs you will stumble against, and we will likely do absolutely nothing to fix it. In addition, there will (likely) also be no haks in the v2 module.

Another important thing to note is that we'll (I mention we, but it's likely that it'll be "I'll" instead) be using the module as a testing ground. External systems and NWNX2 plugins will be tested for their stability on this module. In addition, there will be increased downtime (naturally I will try to keep this to a minimun) because I'll be using this opportunity to tune the server in preparation for the actual module.

Lastly, this is also the perfect opportunity to scout DMs and handle various administrative issues. We'll naturally be taking advantage of that opportunity.

Now I made that public, would you still want us to host a temporary module? Note that it'll also take a few days before I have the server running.

CubicSphere

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:32 am

CubicSphere wrote:
Now I made that public, would you still want us to host a temporary module? Note that it'll also take a few days before I have the server running.

Maybe?

personally it depends how long it takes me to figure out which files to remove which might mess with trying to play original nwn...

Omega put on his website;

"Simply rename "Override" folder to something else such as "Override2" when you would like to play on V3.8 and change it back to play on Continuum"

Is it as simple as that?
Guidance would be appreciated.
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  CubicSphere Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:40 am

TheeVals wrote:"Simply rename "Override" folder to something else such as "Override2" when you would like to play on V3.8 and change it back to play on Continuum"

Is it as simple as that?

It's exactly as simple as that.

CubicSphere

Back to top Go down

Post  CubicSphere Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:59 am

And we bumped into difficulties already. The module we got our hands on has a bunch of scripts we have no access to. What this means is that we can not put in any authentication replacement for gamespy. And what that means is that basically anyone would be able to log in as someone else's character.

What's even worse is that all links on the internet to functioning anphillia modules have evaporated. Nwvault used to have a functioning v1 module, but that went down. Its replacement Neverwintervault does not have a copy of it either.

If anyone has a v1, v2, or even better, a v3 module with the scripts still intact, send me a pm and we can get this started.

CubicSphere

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:12 am

CubicSphere wrote:And we bumped into difficulties already. The module we got our hands on has a bunch of scripts we have no access to. What this means is that we can not put in any authentication replacement for gamespy. And what that means is that basically anyone would be able to log in as someone else's character.

What's even worse is that all links on the internet to functioning anphillia modules have evaporated. Nwvault used to have a functioning v1 module, but that went down. Its replacement Neverwintervault does not have a copy of it either.

If anyone has a v1, v2, or even better, a v3 module with the scripts still intact, send me a pm and we can get this started.

Ah I see  Sad   

So this is only for a temporary server to play on?  You already have the primary module you and moth are working on? ...And that will be quite along time correct?

I do personally love the idea for a classic anph server... and like what was already mentioned, it would get us back to the basics and everyone wouldn't be so used to all the fancy extras that were added.. (not that all were bad)
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  CubicSphere Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:33 am

Zerolas'Warding wrote:Ah I see  Sad   So basically the only way to get a functionally working server up and running, is to start fresh with an old module and polish that one up?
and that will protect our characters from being hi-jacked??

Keeping a long story short, yes.

As for the longer story. The problem I'm stumbling against is that ever since gamespy went down and toke the authentication with it, there has been a need for scripts to handle the authentication by matching CD keys and IPs to an account. In a module where we can freely adjust the scripts, it'd be no problem to implement this.

But there's the thing, the only module we can find is a v2 version with the access removed. As for how it's removed, you'll first need a short explanation of how scripts exist. Basically a script in NWN exists out of two components. The code, and the bytecode. The code is what scripters read and write. The bytecode is what the server and client reads. To obtain bytecode one converts code to bytecode by using a specialized tool called a compiler. The compiler converts the code that the scripters write into bytecode.

The v2 version that we got our hands on has had all of its code removed, leaving only bytecode. What this means is that we effectively can't read what's happening, nor modify any code because there isn't any. But besides that everything does function. In other words, blame Gamespy.

CubicSphere

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:51 am

CubicSphere wrote:
Zerolas'Warding wrote:Ah I see  Sad   So basically the only way to get a functionally working server up and running, is to start fresh with an old module and polish that one up?
and that will protect our characters from being hi-jacked??

Keeping a long story short, yes.

As for the longer story. The problem I'm stumbling against is that ever since gamespy went down and toke the authentication with it, there has been a need for scripts to handle the authentication by matching CD keys and IPs to an account. In a module where we can freely adjust the scripts, it'd be no problem to implement this.

But there's the thing, the only module we can find is a v2 version with the access removed. As for how it's removed, you'll first need a short explanation of how scripts exist. Basically a script in NWN exists out of two components. The code, and the bytecode. The code is what scripters read and write. The bytecode is what the server and client reads. To obtain bytecode one converts code to bytecode by using a specialized tool called a compiler. The compiler converts the code that the scripters write into bytecode.

The v2 version that we got our hands on has had all of its code removed, leaving only bytecode. What this means is that we effectively can't read what's happening, nor modify any code because there isn't any. But besides that everything does function. In other words, blame Gamespy.

Thank you ,  I have more clarity on the issue at hand.   We shall not give up though!   I believe someone/somewhere out there has a version we need. Perhaps my buddies old seagate external HD has a few old versions of anphillia.  And that's hoping he still has the HD at reach...  

If theirs a will there's a way...      Screw you very much GS!
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  CubicSphere Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:44 am

-Rabidus- sent me a functioning v1 module. However, as this is a very, very old version I'll still be giving it a day or two before going on with this. If you know anyone with a newer version, please try to contact him/her as soon as possible if you wish for us to use a newer version.

CubicSphere

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:31 pm

CubicSphere wrote:-Rabidus- sent me a functioning v1 module. However, as this is a very, very old version I'll still be giving it a day or two before going on with this. If you know anyone with a newer version, please try to contact him/her as soon as possible if you wish for us to use a newer version.

Alright thank you... and I will talk to him and see. now I cannot wait to play even a temp server, itch that scratch Razz

Anyway thanks again, cannot wait for what the future brings (hopefully near-future)

study 
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  Dae_Blazin Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:38 pm

What would you people do without TheeVals to come running to me?
It just so happens I have a few Anphillia copies.

V1
V3
Exodus
Genesis
Continuum

Let me know what you want and I can have it up on Nexus next time I'm at the computer. I've been rather quiet because of my job lately, things are picking up as well as kids being kids and getting into everything so I've not got loads of time like I did before. But I can lend a hand here and there if needed. Keep me posted, and if you can't have TheeVals message me. She can normaly get a hold of me fairly fast.
Dae_Blazin
Dae_Blazin

Back to top Go down

Post  CubicSphere Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:40 am

Dae_Blazin wrote:It just so happens I have a few Anphillia copies.

V1
V3
Exodus
Genesis
Continuum

Let me know what you want and I can have it up on Nexus next time I'm at the computer.

A copy of V3 would be great!

Dae_Blazin wrote:I can lend a hand here and there if needed.

I'll note it down. Right now there's not much help needed on my end. Though, that may change in the future. I cannot speak for Moth, however.

CubicSphere

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilOne Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:45 pm

If the plan to bring back a classic lvl 20 cap Anph back. Then was just wondering what everyone is planning to make for relaunch? Smile
I'm planning on either Rogue or Sorcerer!

EvilOne

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:00 am

definitely a sorc.
Unless Greater Sanctuary will be nerfed to avoid sorcs being able to pop out of no where with an attack, timestop and attack more then re-vanish to being untargetable. Smile

then probably a plain druid or if we can take other classes, a good old classic rdd warrior (it's been awhile since playing the original rdd class.).
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next