Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server Host

3 posters

Go down

Server Host Options

Server Host I_vote_lcap50%Server Host I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
Server Host I_vote_lcap50%Server Host I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 6

Server Host Empty Server Host

Post  Whoisthere Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:41 pm

Just wanted to get some feedback from everyone after the latest news (Server current IP address might need to be changed on forums).. Rolling Eyes If I'm over stepping starting this topic please feel free to delete it..
I have offered to kick start a Hosting option , a public pay one (I'll pay the initial 90days and some monthly after that), this would take the burden off of someone having it under a desk or closet in a house. Would also allow for multiple people to have access to it if server work needs to be done.
The vote is, willing to donate for public hosted server or keep it free and find a new home?

If public, just need to workout the donation paypal stuff for website, how many slots (I was thinking 20 to start till we run into FULL problems - One could hope)
At 20 slots I think it was $52.00 a month - not many public hosting options like this for NWN anymore, here is the host I was looking at Jestservers Does anyone have any input about this host, that would be helpful to know this ahead of any more talk about making any moves.. Can get into details on server location options later if this is the route everyone seems to want to go..
Whoisthere
Whoisthere

Back to top Go down

Server Host Empty Re: Server Host

Post  TheeVals Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:32 pm

I voted to keep it free because I've got no cash to contribute to the cause... however if we have people willing to cover the bill, happy birthday to everyone!!!  Razz 

(and make a placeable statue of a character of their choice in the module somewhere or something like that..)
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  Dra'GremMacha'Sit Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:29 pm

i voted to keep it free but if it comes to it i don't mind donating to keep running a server that i love playing on

Dra'GremMacha'Sit

Back to top Go down

Post  Whoisthere Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:33 am

***UPDATE*** Server looks to be up - shows up on http://yourserverlist.com/index.php?juego=nwn1&tipopart=roleplay# Also if you do get on and notice any other issues please post, I will make a topic under module Improvements/Issues  - I would like to know how well the host is working and maybe also give me your location and ping rate you see to server, the server is based out of Chicago..

Server IP: 192.227.140.226:5121
Whoisthere
Whoisthere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down