Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows update potentially effecting NWN

Go down

Windows update potentially effecting NWN Empty Windows update potentially effecting NWN

Post  Felix Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:43 pm

I have had some very odd happenings of late and I am fairly certain it revolves around a windows update. I have a windows 7 and a windows xp machine and both seems to have been effected. Trying to connect to the server will result in it not being found even though its up. You can check to see if you have a similar problem as me by right clicking your NWN directory and going to properties. If you have my issue it will have the read only box filled in. For some odd reason every folder becomes read only which in windows doesn't really mean anything except that network stuff in those folders will be screwed up. Only fix I have found thus far was to uninstall NWN and manually delete the directory folder and install it using a new folder name just to be safe. It still is showing as read only however but I am able to connect again. Anyone else having this issue?
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Windows update potentially effecting NWN Empty Re: Windows update potentially effecting NWN

Post  Felix Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:54 pm

This may not be a windows update issue. I am boggled by the oddity of it.
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down