Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server Dead / Request Wipe

+7
Felix
Rann Cora
sniqow
TheeVals
_Shortstack_
TheMothMan
OmegaChaos
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Server Dead / Request Wipe - Page 2 Empty Re: Server Dead / Request Wipe

Post  sniqow Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:49 pm

We are short staffed, no one is invested. A wipe won't fix anything.

I've invested a bunch of time working on a month long quest arc only to have my ideas ripped off without even a thank you. I've committed to paying for hosting for a year, no one even replies to my posts.

My character has been without his ATS skills since September.

I quit as a quest DM because I couldn't afford the time it took to do more than a half-assed job.

I quit as a player axfell is dead and everyone talks but hardly anyone listens, they just wait for their turn to talk without even considering the thoughts of others unless they are offended by them.

A wipe will not fix anything, things will continue as they are as long as we are shortstaffed and people are convinced we can't do any better than what we are doing now.

sniqow

Back to top Go down

Post  sniqow Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:55 pm

sniqow

Back to top Go down

Post  sniqow Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:57 pm

As far as a wipe goes, I don't see it happening, unless it involves the old server vault coming back. Or perhaps we could combine the old vault and the new one.
This and getting an additional rule enforcement DM, another quest DM (or 2), and a scripter.

sniqow

Back to top Go down

Post  Rann Cora Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:57 pm

sniqow wrote:This and getting an additional rule enforcement DM, another quest DM (or 2), and a scripter.
What people will fill these roles? It will HAVE to be someone who is a player currently. And the population can't do that right now, or else we'd have all these people as DMs and zero players.

Rann Cora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bulkas Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:24 am

Although I am not online often (returned after a few months to find my character gone..Sad): this server is great and I like playing here. Especially the fact that it is one of the few servers that attempts to combine rp with pvp, which is not easy as especially rp takes time and investment.

I have very little time to play unfortunately. And if a server wipe is imminent or going to be on the agenda every 3 months or so, then I guess I will need to look elsewhere. I also do not think regular wipes will grow the player base: it may attract a handful of old players, but it will definately scare off new ones looking for a new home...

B.

Bulkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Faven aka Undying Knight Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:22 am

I'm beginning to like Rann's idea of joining as one faction(Ranzington)for now until the population grows and something massive happens between players triggering the break off and forming of Fort Axfell/Fort Cleaven. That is the only way a wipe would work. Though I do think it would just need to be a clean slate, as in a complete wipe, no EXP give backs or anything of the such. With the amount of characters there are in players vaults already it will just be more time consuming to try and give EXP,gold/ATS skills back to each and every player that has them then the actual changes needed to make this whole thing happen. Even though I don't like the idea at all of a wipe, I do think this is the last resort if we were going to try ANYTHING.

^^^ Unless we were going to bring back the old characters vault, and maybe then get further into progression past level 40? I've seen it come up several times about bring the old vault back, so maybe it is what players want, and would bring old players back? Though where would the NEW players stand in this? They would be left to start back out at level 1, with nothing at all, when  in this character vault they might have levels/ATS skills/ items/etc. So though it might bring back some of the older population it could also lead to the loss of newer players. And where would we be at then with Role Play if we did that? Would we just pick up where we left off/etc?

^^Those are all things to think about among other things when getting into the topic. That was all I could rattle off for now though, its to early and football is about to come on, hehe.

Faven aka Undying Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Rann Cora Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:17 pm

RPDM Raven wrote:^^^ Unless we were going to bring back the old characters vault, and maybe then get further into progression past level 40? I've seen it come up several times about bring the old vault back, so maybe it is what players want, and would bring old players back? Though where would the NEW players stand in this? They would be left to start back out at level 1, with nothing at all, when  in this character vault they might have levels/ATS skills/ items/etc. So though it might bring back some of the older population it could also lead to the loss of newer players. And where would we be at then with Role Play if we did that? Would we just pick up where we left off/etc?
I mentioned the possibility of combining the vaults as well. The only hiccup I see with that is ATS. The database files are going to be different and I don't know if there would be a way to have the ATS points from the old vault as well as the new. That might bring back some old players to revive former characters and allow the new players to keep their current characters. I'm about 75% sure Felix backed up the old vault pre-wipe last time.

Rann Cora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:06 pm

I'm not sure I have a backup of the vault. I will have to check when I get home.
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:59 pm

I have a backup of the old vault with a date of 5/15/2013. I don't think this is the latest vault nor am I sure its complete. Its only 331 MB. I thought I remembered it being larger but I am not sure.
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2