Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server Wipe

5 posters

Go down

Should the server be wiped?

Server Wipe I_vote_lcap30%Server Wipe I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
Server Wipe I_vote_lcap30%Server Wipe I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
Server Wipe I_vote_lcap40%Server Wipe I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Server Wipe Empty Server Wipe

Post  Felix Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:32 am

How many of you think a server wipe is what we need?
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Server Wipe Empty Re: Server Wipe

Post  TheMothMan Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:32 pm

I voted yes.
Mainly because I don't think there is much to lose at this point.
Merry X-mas and Happy New Year everyone.

Let's see what next year has in store for us all, IRL and on the server.

-TheMothMan
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:53 am

Last edited by Isendel on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Rugnarie Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:57 am

It's sad, but people just turn to newer games, it's progress.
Once in a while, everybody gets sentimental "oooh, it would be awesome to play nwn again!", and so, for few months, people are enthusiastic, which also always leads to satisfying their need and moving on. again.
I don't think wipe is gonna change anything, since there just aren't players to play.

I have to strongly disagree with exile, because if the host didn't care, he wouldn't spend months paying whatever ammount of money to keep it alive,
not to mention our constant bugging about Server down or whatever problem or crying over lost xp.
But as it is in this world, every good deed is punished and instead of being thanked for all the good job you've done, you just get the big middle finger.

Thank you for letting me having fun for those few months when all of us had time and mood!
Rugnarie
Rugnarie

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:13 pm

I voted for other. What if we set every characters xp back to 0? That way people would still have their characters with all their inventories in order and the RP they have built around said characters.
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:36 pm

-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:43 am

exile wrote:The problem is that the hosts don't care about players. Just pull the plug like you really want. No one plays. We tried and were shooed away. There is no point in improving a world or living in one that you are prevented from advancing because massive penalties 'keep players longer' or that every reward is broken and unfixed. Other servers are led. This one is without host and will never have leadership because those that run it don't care. Wipe it and flush

I do think the host cares, if he didn't the server wouldn't still be up.

[b]Wipe. We have nothing to loose. I would LOVE too play again. I have a kid that's time demanding and i work night shifts, but id' have time to be on regularly and not soaking exp. Please keep it alive and at least try.
I keep looking for RPG's to replace NWN/Anphillia. And I never will find it. Please do it. Ive been dying for this too happen. We can have a reassurance, there is still people whom play, don't ever think the chances of people playing are zero, because that is not true..
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:11 pm

-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:23 pm

-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:44 am

exile wrote:Allow me to revel in a double post by letting me clarify that I think Felix is F*ing awesome, I loved playing with him and in his world, otherwise I would not care enough to still be checking the boards. He and I shared many ideas and participated in events that have rivaled the mighty days of endgame everquest in enjoyment. My negative comments are not to him as a player , person or even an admin, I understand why he has made every choice and it is most often on a higher road than I might travel myself. He is a good leader.
I barely had a taste of the glory and wonder this server could be and that is why when it slumped I fought to save it, in my own prospective. I can not express how I want to see it relivened, I would be back in a heartbeat, level 1 or 40. Wiping alone is not the answer, we need people DEVOTED to keeping the world alive and ACTIVE. Keepers , masters. I as magistrate was not enough to inspire devotion in players or offer enough incentive. I work as always and in my off time and still want to return and I have as much time to be on as I ever did, which was ample. I simply chose to make it a priority. Basically the truth is that the difference in vision is that I feel that if players are leaving I should give them anything they want to stay and be happy and Felix feels that they need to be happy with what they've been given. Neither view is incorrect.

I see what your saying, its a delima, i say DO anything at this point so we can start playing again. Whether its a wipe, or re lvl of characters to lvl 1. or anything, I JUST wanna start playing again and know my char wont be lost after restarting. Please make it so I can at least start playing while i need to escape reality because I rly need it at the moment! Not to sound careless or selfish, I just see this not getting anywhere very fast, and I'd love to just restart and play again. Im sick of console games and I need mah' anphillia so PLEASE let's just get to a point of where we can get this going again.
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:47 am

Felix wrote:I voted for other. What if we set every characters xp back to 0? That way people would still have their characters with all their inventories in order and the RP they have built around said characters.

That is a really good idea. Im up for it...
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:31 am

im going to just start playing again. Making a new toon, hopefully people join me!
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down