Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas for Old Server

+7
Rugnarie
Dra'GremMacha'Sit
batteryburn
TheeVals
Raven923
Light Grenades
OmegaChaos
11 posters

Go down

Ideas for Old Server Empty Ideas for Old Server

Post  OmegaChaos Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:31 pm

Hello everyone. As I mentioned in the new server post, we now have a brand new server which is able to run the Anphillia V3.8 mod. We are very excited about this development which brings in a SQL database to manage accounts as well as opportunity to have a DM or two present to help drive roleplay and enjoyment.

However, this post is about the old server. I see no reason to run V3 on it anymore because we have a newer better version on the new server. This would just split the population between the two. My original thought is to bring back Continuum with even higher xp and pvp oriented gameplay. This will allow the community two very different servers to get their fix, whether that be fellowship or pvp. From feedback so far I think the general consensus is YES to running Continuum.

Please respond with your ideas in regards to what module to run and maybe what changes you would like to see.

A few examples to get your creative juices flowing:
1.Run Continuum with old vault
2.Run Continuum with wiped vault
3.Run Continuum with wipes vault and start characters at level XX

Just a few ideas I came up with real quick, but feel free to give me more. Keep in mind the idea of this server is temporary and pvp based. What conditions will make it the most enjoyable for you?

OmegaChaos

Back to top Go down

Ideas for Old Server Empty Re: Ideas for Old Server

Post  Light Grenades Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:35 pm

how old is the vault ?

Light Grenades

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven923 Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:45 pm

im partial to either keep old vault or wipe if we are gunna start as XX should just keep old vault.

Raven923

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:54 pm

OmegaChaos wrote:

3.Run Continuum with wipes vault and start characters at level XX

Just a few ideas I came up with real quick, but feel free to give me more. Keep in mind the idea of this server is temporary and pvp based. What conditions will make it the most enjoyable for you?

Also give access to ALL the module items... not only the ones in the shops but also the special epic loots from condors to everyone.. in case not everyone runs with a lan-party group to go gather said items. Also there is no reason for people to lose xp on death or orbing.. so remove that.
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  batteryburn Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:43 pm

witch ever is fine with me

batteryburn

Back to top Go down

Post  Dra'GremMacha'Sit Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:48 pm

i'd definitely keep the old vault.

Dra'GremMacha'Sit

Back to top Go down

Post  Rugnarie Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:32 am

Old vault.

TheeVals wrote:Also give access to ALL the module items... not only the ones in the shops but also the special epic loots from condors to everyone.. in case not everyone runs with a lan-party group to go gather said items. Also there is no reason for people to lose xp on death or orbing.. so remove that.

What do you mean by "access"? It's rare loot that should be really hard to get. And it's exciting when you get the stuff that nobody else does. Also with DMs you can ask for a quest to get such desired item. Or ROLEPLAY with somebody to buy it from him.

Back in time when I really wanted Arch Enemy longbow (which I still don't have because anytime I came across it, I lost it in dice....)
https://anphgenesis.forumotion.com/t261-wanted-note-on-the-gates-of-ranzigton-cleaven-and-axfell

I've even tried to exchange this nice sword for it...
https://anphgenesis.forumotion.com/t502-new-poster

Access to all module items is just nonsense.

Death penalty is a necessity. Nobody would fear death. What would be point of pvp? It would completely ruin the excitement of trying your best to stay alive..
Rugnarie
Rugnarie

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:45 am

Rugnarie wrote:
Death penalty is a necessity. Nobody would fear death. What would be point of pvp? It would completely ruin the excitement of trying your best to stay alive..

The point of pvp was lost a long time ago when teams are continuously unbalanced due to ooc-groups stacking 1 side. Smile

Your kidding yourself if you think anyone fears their character's death with how the server is now...
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  flitter Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:20 am

sorry my bad english.
old vault and wiped vault all ok.(i like old vault,haha)
easy to get lvl40 and epic items no good.
pvm and pvp if death need lose xp, is more exciting bounce 
flitter
flitter

Back to top Go down

Post  Whoisthere Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:28 am

New player vault, set the Continuum mod for max XP to lvl 40 on join. Then it can be a free for all to find your gear, I would keep the XP loss so you might end up going back in levels  Razz 
Good way to kill time till Host time expires -
The server running v3.8 running Server 2003 so no compatibility issues, DM client works, has nwnx and MySQL on it as well. Anphillia v3.8 requires it so its a good test to know if that option is wanted in future.. one nice thing is to allow a DM connection you need the password and your login name and CDkey needs to be manually entered into a data tabled before you can gain access..
Fully persistent, go back to last location after a reset and all storage chest save items.
Whoisthere
Whoisthere

Back to top Go down

Post  Light Grenades Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:19 pm

once there was more axfells then cleavens 3 to 1 and cleaven was winning the war . so if thats stacking ... tell me how

Light Grenades

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven923 Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:24 pm

seems a majority just want the old vault im against starting at 40 cause then people can just make a lvl 40 of every class and leveling is part of the anphillia experience.

Raven923

Back to top Go down

Post  OmegaChaos Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:39 pm

Thank you TheeVals for actually providing a new idea like I asked. The rest of you... I am disappointed in your lack of creativity. Kidding of course.

So it sounds like for sure we want to run Anphillia Continuum. Now the question is just starting conditions. I am reluctant to bring the old vault back because it is quite corrupted. I have seen people steal accounts and have items they shouldn't. Everytime we bring a vault back, that adds hundreds of accounts people can steal. I would prefer to start fresh and eliminate some of the cheating, but I am open to ideas.

XP will be increased again slightly. Xp loss for dying will be lower. Xp loss for using the orb to revive will be much higher. This will mean that you can be less afraid to die, but if you want to respawn quickly and get back in the fight, it will cost you.

OmegaChaos

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:40 pm

I get the star on my assignment... booya!
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven923 Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:57 pm

If you plan on doing a wipe just boost the exp like 50% and leave the start point the way it is doesnt take to long to get lvl 40 maybe a week or 2 depending on your playtime.

Raven923

Back to top Go down

Post  Rann Cora Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:19 pm

So... what's the point of having two servers again? Aren't you just dividing the player base like you said you didn't want to do?

Rann Cora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OmegaChaos Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:41 pm

Well there is still time paid for with the second server so it may as well be used for something. And a few players, mostly with the last name Unty, wanted to play continuum again so my compromise was to put it back up on the extra server until the time runs out. Everyone is welcome to play on both, and each one will have a stronger focus on either rp or pvp so there is something for everyone. Just trying to make as many people happy as possible.

OmegaChaos

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:08 pm

OmegaChaos wrote:Well there is still time paid for with the second server so it may as well be used for something. And a few players, mostly with the last name Unty, wanted to play continuum again so my compromise was to put it back up on the extra server until the time runs out. Everyone is welcome to play on both, and each one will have a stronger focus on either rp or pvp so there is something for everyone. Just trying to make as many people happy as possible.

I agree but also as rann mentioned i believe its best to stick to ONE server and have the best player base possible in this time n age.... but i bet that once word spreads this is in the mix or even If a TEMP server goes up it will all take off, with due planning ofc...
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:08 pm

Rann Cora wrote:So... what's the point of having two servers again?  Aren't you just dividing the player base like you said you didn't want to do?

Agreed.  At least for now let's get a TEMP server up to round up the people and show we are still trying to be active and start a playable server

Hell id love one to be up right now just to play! At the moment there is NO servers to play on : (
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down