Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fort PvP balance

+11
Rugnarie
Skaldic
-terenee-
SeXy_SnipER
TheeVals
Professor Plum
deedle
Rann Cora
Whoisthere
Wordack
Felix
15 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Fort PvP balance - Page 4 Empty Re: Fort PvP balance

Post  Professor Plum Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:53 am

Radaghast123 wrote:Plum, is there any sort of in game message that you are accepting requests in exchange for xp? I imagine there are at least a couple people who don't read the forums.

I trust everyone to spread the word! If someone wants something I'd prefer to have the request in writing, so I can put the exact request forward - my interpretation of it and the proposal and hopefully have it okayed!

It doesn't take too long to sign up and drop me a PM!

TheMothMan wrote:What does this mean? Shocked

https://anphgenesis.forumotion.com/t671-ooc-dm-interaction-requests

These will now cost an appropriate amount of XP!
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothMan Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:21 am

Ah, I see.

This should most definatly be done open, in a public thread for all to see and read.
With motivations for approved/denied requests.
Also so sort of chart/list of the XP costs and examples of what will be approved and not.

I feel like if this is done "in the dark" at the whim of one DM, it can lead to talks about favortism.
I mean there is no shortage of "old play buddies" amongst the playerbase and the establisment.
I personally do not question the integrity of anyone, but let's not give people a reason to do so.

I also feel this is really a big deal and something that could potentionally be a big part of the play experience here.
As such I'd like to see it be done in a more formal and professional manner, as opposed to being done over private messages.

Kinda like how Dream Coins (or whatever they are called) work on Amia.

I also think full disclosure and detailed information about what requests have been granted and not granted should be a priority.
A full list of all changes made to all chars, with the XP cost for them - for all to see and review, seems more appropriate, no?

This way both players and DM's can see what has been done.
And players and DM's can then get a sense of what is allowed and not allowed, what will be granted and not.
To make sure one DM doesn't say No to one thing, that another DM says Yes to, to another player.

Lets put some real time and energy into this and make it a fun and established feature of playing here and lets do it right from the start.

-TheMothMan
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:43 am

Upon receipt of a private message, it'd be put up in the staff forum for discussion.

I certainly had no intention of going out on a whim and handling it all myself.

I have fleshed out a few details with Felix and hadn't got around to posting on the staff forum yet!

I don't think players should be able to see what has been approved, or not. Nor be given a reason why. On account of:

• It stifles creativity.
  • Saying no to a player who wants X, need not mean we say no to another player who wants X.
  • Specific requests won't get very far. I'd much rather reward someone asking for something vague, then surprise them, than "I need a +4 Charisma Weapon, for my RDD PDK because of <Insert RP engineered to justify mechanical advantage".
  • The request will be for staff to see and won't go ahead, just because one person says so.
  • Certain rewards may be seen as standard and be incorporated into builds, etc. (E.G. If you can request a 10/- non DM-noted magic belt, for 100k xp. - you might take less melee levels! This won't be likely to happen, but you get the jist.)
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:50 am

I'd rather a take my chances with a DM playing favorites in the dark than having a DM passing out ooc knowledge about a player's equipment or abilities etc.

There is no public list on the forum of who takes a 20% rebuild or 20% relevel with their new build set up vs their old one. But I am sure they might try and keep track of it since the rule is only ONE rebuild.

Perhaps a vague public list of "Player, Character, XP sacrifice." -Just to see who the needy people are. xD *ends up on the list with the high score of XP-losses* Very Happy
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothMan Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:05 am

Maybe you guys are right, maybe the information should be limited to just the staff.

But having access to the Staff part of the forum and reading up on how one similar request was treated back then, it was without doubt a popularity contest.

I just don't want this thing to be like that, that's really all I'm saying.
I want there to be a comprahensive system with fixed costs and the motivations based on RP/Lore/Doability.

-TheMothMan
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:36 am

I'm really not a fan of the arbitrary system for all the same reasons Moth mentioned as well as the toll in time and effort it would take on the staff if the goal were as easily attainable as reaching level 40. Discussion about what to make for player X considering balance, past RP, past denials which might look similar to what is purposed for player x ect ect. I also don't like it for the reason that people are hard to please. Someone may not like what gift we have made for their character. They might not feel it adds to the RP of their character or hundreds of other reasons. In short it seems like a lot of effort for little gain as I don't think these perks are going to solve anything. I would be more in favor of a form of this if it was rare and few and far between.
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wordack Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:52 am

One thing I would like to see is the player list only showing your own faction ;p

Wordack

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:49 pm

Wordack wrote:One thing I would like to see is the player list only showing your own faction ;p
Me too!
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:59 pm

Felix wrote:
Wordack wrote:One thing I would like to see is the player list only showing your own faction ;p
Me too!

Even better, a player list only showing players active in the past few minutes.

If there is a way to script this, and it won't put to much stress on the server.. perhaps implement it into the in game message system to check which faction members have recently been seen around the fort...
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4