Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DM Client troubleshooting

2 posters

Go down

DM Client troubleshooting Empty DM Client troubleshooting

Post  Whoisthere Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:32 am

I'm running Windows 7 (64bit)
DM Client - Here is what I have so far after doing some testing latnight.
1. DM Client crashed server running on public.
2. I ran the mod on my local LAN using nwserver and it did same thing.
3. I loaded the mod using the DM Client using the option to start new Network/LAN game and it worked fine.
4. I ran the mod again using nwserver on my local LAN with same results again but I also loaded the public MothMan one from nwvault, that worked fine and loaded the Anphilliav3 (CNR) and that also worked fine.
5. After messing around with a few nwplayer.ini file setting with no results I set the nwn.exe (my nwmain.exe has been set this way for a long time) file to run in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode and check the box to run application as Administrator, loaded the mod using nwserver again and it had a slight delay during the Dream entry (Where it crashes server) but it did work..
6. When I went to connect to the Public running mod it crashed it?? So that is as far as I got so far, any other thoughts ??
I have a support ticket into the Host to see what OS the nwserver is running under on that side, if it is Window Server 2008 or higher I'll have to have him see about setting the compatibility to Server 2003 and see if it helps, only other thing could be CEP but not sure why it would work running on a local LAN vs. remote server? still using nwserver to run mod on both ends..
Whoisthere
Whoisthere

Back to top Go down

DM Client troubleshooting Empty Re: DM Client troubleshooting

Post  Rann Cora Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:15 am

Also of note (I don't know if you were on skype when we did this) but I hosted the mod in it's current form, connected with the DM client on the same computer but using the global IP and no direct connecting without any issues. Felix and Dae were ALSO able to connect to my server with the DM client. I sent Omega my configuration file and I believe it has been sent to the server and it still doesn't work. So I'm thinking it just about HAS to be something with the compatibility settings. I'll check and see what I'm running on mine when I get home from work tonight.

Rann Cora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Whoisthere Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:04 am

You can try this if you want next..
received a PM from Djeserkheperure, he referenced the cep2_build hak pak, I think this is embedded in the mod build and after doing some checking I found this:
The cep2_build hak pak is for use while building a module. The intent is that this file can be associated with a module during building, then removed before the module's release. This allows new CEP blueprints to be available to a builder, while not contributing to the module's palette size. (The DM client will crash if the palette size exceeds roughly 16,000 blueprints; this hak pak currently provides 377 blueprints and is expected to grow with future versions of CEP.)
Maybe he can shed more light on this as well but maybe someone can research this more..
As far as the Public host I'm at a loss, nothing has worked and have ran multiple random mods from nwvault full 1.69 mods with CEP and this was the only one that did this... Crash reports do nothing much to help, just a generic Fault error of nwserver.exe, So sorry but no DM Client on this host, was worth a shot but let me know who wants to be next in line to host? when you know who it will be just let me know and I will get them FTP access to the server and they can download the up to date player Vault that day so no one falls behind (I can zip the directory on the server).. I would get the mod from Omega or Rann, who know if something got messed up on the one running, I honestly can't remember after all the testing the one night if it came from Rann, Omega or Dae??? The rest of the files someone should have locally..
Whoisthere
Whoisthere

Back to top Go down

Post  Whoisthere Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:13 am

Did anyone who wanted to host test and see if DM Client worked? If so and you have someone just let me know and I can zip up the player vault just prior to switching servers and no one should lose any progress up to that time.
Whoisthere
Whoisthere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum