Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Testing Builds

+2
Felix
TheeVals
6 posters

Go down

Testing Builds Empty Testing Builds

Post  TheeVals Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:22 pm

So I was thinking of a new character to make, yet it would take a lot of time to manuelly level up a character only to discover a build is no good for pve/pvp/rp/afking...

Also due to the many changes made to the module... any builds made and tested on the default anph available to the public might not transpher over exact.

Wouldn't it be useful if there was a seperate section on the module/server where a new character could temporary get lvl 40 and access to the three main shop NPC's (I know they don't seem to let players shop from them unless they're in their area..) not sure why but if they worked/spawned together in an area together only accessable by the 'test build' characters... and made to work in that specific area aswell...
Perhaps also a special arena with a system that could spawn a number of mobs to see how a build would work during pve... (for lag purposes they'd despawn the moment arena is empty or player dies (special build-test fugue plane?) example anywhere between -1 wave of goblins to 1 wave of npcs during an assault and even condor mobs. Also the arena could serve as a means of pvp for players to test new builds together/against each other (much like what's been done while we waited for the module transpher)

At the end the character could either be deleted once logging off... or.. sent back to the dream.. where the non hacker scripts would strip them of all items.. and a script could be added to strip them of all xp too.

Just something to possibly consider implementing, unless it might be too much stress on the server?
(I don't know how it all works...)
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Testing Builds Empty Re: Testing Builds

Post  Felix Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:30 pm

I think its a good idea but I'm not sure that anyone is currently actively working on the mod.
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:46 am

That is one reason why I no longer play on this server.
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:45 pm

I did not intend to imply no one is doing anything, it has been few and far between that anything more than a glitch or exploit has been added, I can think of a few like the barbarian changes just before Felix stopped hosting.

I love this server but too much to see a clandestine group change only what they see fit. It feels a lot like the United States government right now.

I have spent a great deal of time leveling 8 characters to level 40 and dozens of hours building on this mod just to have it taken away because I am not part of the clique in power.

I am not an if you can't beat them join them kind of guy.

Last edited by -terenee- on Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : This is a response to a post that was deleted)
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Undying Knight Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:52 pm

I disagree.. Moth is always working on the MOD when he has free time to my knowledge.. He is the only person we have currently that is doing work on the module, when I first began hosting he updated the server a couple of times and is now just busy  as are most of us with RL things..

I think the idea about something/somewhere to test a build out before actually deciding on using it is a good idea in ways, though I myself am not capable of creating such and we are limited to builders/scripters/etc so currently it doesn't seem to be happening, which does not mean in the future it will not..

The problem i'm having with DMing is only due to nwnx and myself nor Moth don't know how to fix it, when Rann gets the server back I would gladly dedicate my time as DM instead of a player to greatly interact with the players and bring lots of life back to this lovely server..

Undying Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Undying Knight Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:59 pm

-terenee- wrote:I did not intend to imply no one is doing anything, it has been few and far between that anything more than a glitch or exploit has been added, I can think of a few like the barbarian changes just before Felix stopped hosting.

I love this server but too much to see a clandestine group change only what they see fit. It feels a lot like the United States government right now.

I have spent a great deal of time leveling 8 characters to level 40 and dozens of hours building on this mod just to have it taken away because I am not part of the clique in power.

I am not an if you can't beat them join them kind of guy.

I do understand what you are saying here, and correct me if i'm wrong because I might be, but the latest thing that was mentioned about being an exploit was the shades summon which Moth disabled.... Others might/might not see the same things fit as yourself or myself or himself herself/etc, but in order to do so we need to bring the exact problem out and put it on the forum this way we can discuss it within the players/staff we have and see how we can get it taken care of.

Undying Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:00 pm

I think you taking on DMing would be nothing but great for this server, I hope you can
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Rann Cora Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:18 pm

Now that we've hijacked this thread...

I'm settled in, internet is rolling, seems to be going very well. I am off tomorrow, so I am going to have Raven email me the server as it is, and I will get it up and running on my end before Raven takes his down. The IP change will be posted on the forums.

Once I am back to hosting, Raven, you are welcome to become an RPDM. I'll message you some details here in a moment.

Rann Cora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:15 pm

Suspect 

Rann Cora wrote:Now that we've hijacked this thread...

I'm settled in, internet is rolling, seems to be going very well.  I am off tomorrow, so I am going to have Raven email me the server as it is, and I will get it up and running on my end before Raven takes his down.  The IP change will be posted on the forums.

Once I am back to hosting, Raven, you are welcome to become an RPDM.  I'll message you some details here in a moment.
Embarassed  heheh.. well i guess the hijacking is better than a topic gathering dust? xD

Since implimenting an ingame method of completing and testing a build is not possible.. perhaps the information put here on the forums could be updated/completed... To make the manual research easier.
Certainly we have an expert moth anphilla-er who might be able to polish that section of the forums up for newbie character builder's (who still want a fighting chance in pvp) like moi. xD

.. also.. why the snow still here... there was talk of snow removal.. No
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:28 pm

All I have to say is; awesome.

I will try to log in and game for a bit
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Darken Rahl Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:52 pm

TheeVals wrote:
.. also.. why the snow still here... there was talk of snow removal..
Winter is coming! Smile

Darken Rahl

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:13 am

Darken Rahl wrote:
TheeVals wrote:
.. also.. why the snow still here... there was talk of snow removal..
Winter is coming! Smile
Ironicly game of thrones only begins after winter.... in March... xD
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down