Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ay Eff Kaying

+5
Skaldic
deedle
SeXy_SnipER
sniqow
The 13th Warrior
9 posters

Go down

Ay Eff Kaying Empty Ay Eff Kaying

Post  The 13th Warrior Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:02 pm

I have one gripe with my faction in general.

I get it. Going afk while you're busy doing something else is a good way to maximize your XP intake, I do it too. But all day? Come on man. This is a multiplayer game and we need players to make it interesting, at least for me. I'm pulling my toons out. I wont be back for a while because it's just not fun hunting cleavens by myself. Hopefully when I'm back you guys in axfell are more active.

Peace

The 13th Warrior

Back to top Go down

Ay Eff Kaying Empty Re: Ay Eff Kaying

Post  sniqow Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:29 pm

Didn't you afk to level 27??

Just sayin'

sniqow

Back to top Go down

Post  SeXy_SnipER Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:04 pm

I'm kinda right there with him .. Lately it seems like everyone is doing it, Getting kinda boring here also = (
SeXy_SnipER
SeXy_SnipER

Back to top Go down

Post  deedle Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:11 pm

yea i agree i dont play too much that often and i log out when im not on lately but when u send tells to some one threw out a couple of days it gets frustrating

deedle

Back to top Go down

Post  Skaldic Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:51 pm

And I was so joyous that cleavens actually go on trip having about 6 people in their party whole day for a change....

Skaldic

Back to top Go down

Post  The 13th Warrior Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:15 am

xD I was happy to see so many Cleavens on the field today.

And yes, I afked a lot till 27 but I participated in raids and stuff. Do stuff and DM wont kick your sorry ass for taking up space and being otherwise useless.

The 13th Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Whoisthere Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:00 am

Maybe a DM event is in order... I do recall a few in the way past..LOL
Would be a shame if the Outlaws in the area decided to raid the camp, so many sleeping without anyone to guard them.. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Whoisthere
Whoisthere

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:45 am

I plan on introducing a check which would not grant AFK experience to those that were AFK outside a designated area, thus removing the negative impact it has on RP.

DM events aren't aimed at killing AFK'ers and never will be!
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:16 am

The 13th Warrior wrote:xD I was happy to see so many Cleavens on the field today.

And yes, I afked a lot till 27 but I participated in raids and stuff. Do stuff and DM wont kick your sorry ass for taking up space and being otherwise useless.

You are a good player, but you have not been here near long enough to make a good assessment of who does or does not 'Do Stuff'

*Most* players I know that afk a lot also spend large amounts of time playing.. Not everyone can play at the same time and I do feel that much of the complaining is done from innocent ignorance rather than proven statistic.

I highly doubt any player wants to have a missing relic or the need to RP why they are too afraid to do battle but ultimately this is a game and it is the choice of the player how they wish to play, that includes the right to leave when they feel they are being left out.

I do hold to my belief that if you were so dedicated to the success of Axfell and/or the server you would not leave since you are barely over level 30 you have not even had the chance to be of use in battle. and the other 2 accounts you have been soaking have never seen battle, so really.. you are the worst AFKer by average on the server.
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:06 pm

If the server is full, I will kick a few afk-people at random to free up space.

That should never be taken personally. People who are actively playing, will always have priority.
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:12 pm

Isendel wrote: you are the worst AFKer by average on the server.

I agree. To be a good afker you need to be afk... Not helping people assault cleaven providing them with support/back up twice in a row when you're character is not even lvl 40!
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:45 pm

I was referring to the two accounts he has never used to assault or defend.

I like this player, both RP and PvP.

I am also a chronic AFKer.

Your sarcasm is unnecessary.
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:58 pm

Isendel wrote:I was referring to the two accounts he has never used to assault or defend.

Expecting 1 person to assault/defend with 2-3 characters at the same times is asking/expecting a lot. Especially when players with only one character do neither. Would be better and more enjoyable if those 2-3 characters were 2-3 players pvping as a team.

Considering how his main character isn't even level 40.. and he rushed out to help Sexy on their druid and Cleric during pvp. But I didn't see any of your characters there, you must have been busy and it seems neither of them informed you.

Otherwise the only logical reason you'd pass the judgment I've quoted below, is if you've a strict unique definition or ideal of what being "of use in battle." qualifies as.
Or previous pvp experiences with this player's character have left you disapointed...

Perhaps "more effective" is a more accurate portrayal of what he'd have a chance at being in battle.

Isendel wrote: since you are barely over level 30 you have not even had the chance to be of use in battle.

Is not the words I would chose to tell someone playing same faction as me when they are praticipating way before "properly" prepaired. (If being properly prepaired for pvp should require lvl 40 and geared, I don't know about his gear but it seems common knowledge -not lvl 40.)
Better to have a player helping in pvp and failing (which he did not, he managed to kill a lvl 40 shifter [with the help of a lvl 39-40 cleric]) than to have players not helping in pvp at all.

But y'know... no point in me trying to defend someone else... they aught to return and defend themselves if they want. tongue
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:22 pm

I do apologize if I have struck a nerve.

And allow me to clarify that I think The 13th Warrior is an excellent player and he was essential to some assaults and defense even though he was not 40.

Do I quantify fort power by how many active 40s we have? Absolutely.

It seems that you are a little senstive here and I can not blame you, I would be lying if I said that I did not share some opinions because of my history here..

Like you I have played since Starbridge hosted here, I have been consistently active throughout so in that time I have seen not more than 10 players on at a time and often all on one Fort, so for a player to openly take a break because of a lack of activity I would say if our population regresses he wont stay around long.

This is, after all, a time when we are talking about having to kick players because of a full server, and though all above has been stated this player did indeed soak two characters without playing them, so it is more than a little ironic that he posts here with these feelings.

I agree that afking is an issue, like many we have currently and have had in the past but as far as history of population and activity on this server goes.. times are good

/shrug
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum