Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(OOC) Councillor Positions

Go down

(OOC) Councillor Positions Empty (OOC) Councillor Positions

Post  Professor Plum Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:12 pm

With renewed interest in councillor positions, I'd like to outline what is currently planned for them.

It is important to note that these are not decided upon, may change at a moments notice and using any of these things in an abusive way will result in the inability to hold such a position again.

While I have absolutely NO problem with people abusing their powers IC, there will be ramifications when/if you are caught IC.

If you are caught abusing them in an OOC way, then you will be punished as such.

There are to be no more than 7 council positions. These are traditionally as follows - this is by no means what they -need- to be. Duties are in yellow (Because it's going to hurt your eyes, muahaha)

Council Leader:

• Directly communing with the captain of either fort. (Via PM's with a specific member of the DM team, that hasn't been decided upon yet. You would need to be forum-active!)
  • Acting as judge, not jury, for the fort.
  • Directing the council.
  • Upholding fort ideals.

Master Archer Protector:

This position is rather pen-holed to an archer-class. However, In my opinion it's much more of a defensive organiser.

• Communicating with the council leader, status of defenses.
  • Training militia in defensive tactics.
  • Upkeep of defenses.

Intelligence Officer:

• Espionage
  • Scouting

Weapons Master / Tactician:

• Militia training, particularly more physical troops
  • Leading excursions

High Priest/ess:

• Promoting all championing deities associated with the faction.
  • Dealing and relaying with any divine commands or interaction.
  • Training divine classes. (Cleric/Druids)
  • General healing activities.

Archmage:

• Training any arcane apprentices - even bards.
  • Research
  • Alchemy

Second In Command:

This position is a jack of all trades. It's primary function is to assist the leader with their tasks. They are their voice, when he is not present - they're his right hand when he is.

People who have councillor positions will need to, in some respects, earn them. A peer vote is all that I'll need to get the ball rolling.

Council positions will have real RP power, people who don't respect a councillors wishes will answer to the Council leader, put on trial and ultimately answer to the captain of the fort. We are planning to simulate this with jailing and also increased, focussed DM interaction.

I'd rather players be sensible enough to respect councillor decisions, however they do have the right to appeal to the captain of the fort (E.G. The DM Team) to prevent abuse.
Keep in mind, if a case is brought before a captain of the fort - any resulting punishment is likely to be far more severe.
Also keep in mind, if someone has set you up IC'ly - captains can be fooled too.

Council positions will have their own quarters - which will be designed with their owners and position in mind. (A druid priestess for example, might wish for a more natural-themed home.)

These quarters may house additional benefits. E.G. In the druidess case, perhaps a particularly nice empathy-able animal. Or some sort of unique bonus to their companion. Again these would be dependant on the position and owner.

I cannot stress enough that these positions are primarily here to increase and encourage RP. People that aren't active enough, or doing their jobs will be replaced via player votes - or simply stripped of their roles by the captains of each fort.

People who do their jobs well and make the server more enjoyable for everyone because of it will have a much more welcome place in my inbox for odd requests.
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

(OOC) Councillor Positions Empty Re: (OOC) Councillor Positions

Post  Professor Plum Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:19 pm

Also, as a very early-stage thought, councillor positions may contribute to the XP gain of people around them.
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum