Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RDD Heal is broken (Sad face)

5 posters

Go down

RDD Heal is broken (Sad face) Empty RDD Heal is broken (Sad face)

Post  -Rabidus- Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:34 am

Something that is really bugging me now is that the RDD self heal is actualy only 2 uses per server reset.. rather then rest (unless its supossed to be like that, which in my eyes is a little harsh Very Happy ) just wondering if this could get fixed anytime? i'd hate to have to scurry off to a corner in Anphillia just to sit there drinking cure moderate wounds potions to heal..

-Rab

-Rabidus-

Back to top Go down

RDD Heal is broken (Sad face) Empty Re: RDD Heal is broken (Sad face)

Post  TheeVals Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:08 pm

and whats wrong with drinking healing potions?

I'd have you know Myra drank plenty of them even with two self heals per rest...

.. but yeah should get fixed and the number possibly increased by lvls? xD
Not sure who came up with the idea for two for everything... two shapeshift heals, two charges.. can't there be a feat with requirements to increase these numbers? xD at least get 3 or max. 4?
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:48 pm

If only there was some sort of class that could support you and do the whole healing thing!
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  epm Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:06 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing all heal / mass heal scrolls/pots removed but that would freak everyone out because most built their PCs knowing they have almost unlimited coin and heal scrolls in their back pocket.

epm

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:31 pm

Professor Plum wrote:If only there was some sort of class that could support you and do the whole healing thing!

If only nwn wasn't such an old game and players were more active and there were more of them.

So i guess the solution will always be, find another player to rely on. (even if there are not many players playing at the same time...)
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:44 am

epm wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing all heal / mass heal scrolls/pots removed but that would freak everyone out because most built their PCs knowing they have almost unlimited coin and heal scrolls in their back pocket.

Also everything is balanced around people being able to heal!

Before you say shifters can't heal! They can! They're also balanced around not being able to heal that much themselves!

(Although, to be honest with you I'd totally be on board for a universal shape-nerf and healing potions added - because shapes with support are nigh unstoppable)
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:40 pm

Professor Plum wrote:
Before you say shifters can't heal! They can! They're also balanced around not being able to heal that much themselves!

Think rab was trying to point out that the heal ability doesn't work... thus rdd's can't heal if the heal ability gets bugged up... -no one said shifters can't heal.
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:26 pm

I don't think the heal would have been intended to only work 2 times per reset. Mothman do you have any insight?
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:30 am

As some of you mentioned the Shifters/RDD's really lack some sort of healing ability while in a shape.
So this is what I came up with, with the current limitations of a HAK-free MOD.

Shifters and RDD's can now heal themselves two times a day if they are in a Shape.
The healing is based on your Wisdom if you're a Shifter and Consitution if you're a RDD.

All Shifters/RDDs now gain a bonus feat called Hair Shirt of Illmater.
This can be access via your Radial Menu and allows you to Heal yourself.
You can only target yourself.
If this feat is activated a series of checks will start;

1.) There is a check to see how many Shifter/RDD Levels you had when you last logged on, leveled up, died or respawned (possibly leveled down).
If your Shifter/RDD Levels are above 1, the checks continue.

2.) There is a check to see if your Racial Type is Undead. If so, nothing happeneds. If not, the checks continue.

3.) There is a check to see if you used this ability twice already. If not, the checks continue.

4.) There is a check to see if your have a Polymorphed Effect on you. If not, nothing happends. If so, you get healed.

This Script will then check how many Shifter/RDD Levels you had before you Polymorphed and how much your Current Wisdom/Constiution modifier is.
Then it will heal you based on the following calculations;

Class Levels * Wisdom/Consitution Modifier + 8d20.

This script will only fire two times per rest.

Resting will reset the Timer completely.

Note: If you log out or crash while in a Shape, this bonus Feat will get messed up. To solve this you return to your normal form and relog (which you need to do anyways to restore your Quickslots). ?

Enjoy!

-TheMothMan
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down