Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server cap/ lag

+6
TheeVals
-Rabidus-
J. Persinne
Radoc Caren
Grace
Felix
10 posters

Go down

Server cap/ lag Empty Server cap/ lag

Post  Felix Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:05 pm

I want to hear from everyone regarding how they feel the current server cap/lag has been in relation to each other. It seems to me that once the server is 4 or less from its cap the server starts lagging a bit and if its full or near full there is massive lag. I know I along with one other person had to wait the other day to login because the server was full. Please let us know of your experiences and if we find that a lot of people are having similar experiences Star may give me the vault early to be hosted on a dedicated server so the cap can be raised and lag reduced.
Thanks.
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Server cap/ lag Empty Server lag

Post  Grace Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:35 pm

I agree, The sevrer cap is sort of low since we have met it on several occasions, But the lag is terrible already when we approach it. It would be nice to have a dedicated host so we can raise the cap and get more people in here toplay with a decrease in lag. You have my vote. Star could still run things of course as far as DM goes. Just having it hosted differently may benifit everyone here.

Grace

Back to top Go down

Server cap/ lag Empty Re: Server cap/ lag

Post  Radoc Caren Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:40 pm

Well sure its a low cap, but 50% maby more of the people that is inside is AFK sucking xp, i know many may disagree becourse they use the easy xp.. But if we used a auto boot script.. or atleast forbid to stand afk and suck XP.. that would open up alot of room. it would surely put the server under its player cap.

Radoc Caren

Back to top Go down

Post  J. Persinne Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:58 pm

I say we just aim for a dedicated line.

J. Persinne

Back to top Go down

Post  -Rabidus- Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:02 pm

I can understand people idleing when they go for a break to get something to eat, but i don't really think idleing over night is really neccessary, as the xp has been upped alot, i dont know the time on it but ive been told it's something like 8k per 24 hours from auto xp? which i personaly think you could quite easily get that xp in a matter of one run around places (if you can't solo like myself, just wait for a buddy to come on).

Of course this is only what i think, im more then certain most other people out there have other veiws about it, but i would be with the booting of afk players to reduce lag/let people who want to play log on the server.

But i agree with the dedicated line aswell, but the above was for if we don't get it, as i dont have a problem with afkers, unless we are in the situation like we are in currently.

-Rab

-Rabidus-

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:10 pm

I have earned my right to afk!

also i'm to lazy as a low level to run aboot pging alone, Sad please just let me damage my computer by keeping it on 24/7 all week long with the benefit of xp from a videogame!

If we do what constrainer is planning willl there be routine reboots/resets.. any resets at all?
Because the benefit of an unstable server is lowbies getting to redo the captain's quests... and official's getting their goodies.. etc..

Down side to stable server with rare resets, A fort can go weeks with the other side's relic.
Down side to stable server with routine resets, players expect and time themselves to take advantage of the new per reset things the mod offers.

So if all this can be managed fairly then i am game... if starbridge be.
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  -Rabidus- Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:13 pm

Down side to stable server with rare resets, A fort can go weeks with the other side's relic.

I see that as more a reason to go get it back! Very Happy i'd say that is a benefit not a down side!

-Rabidus-

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:19 pm

-Rabidus- wrote:

I see that as more a reason to go get it back! Very Happy i'd say that is a benefit not a down side!

(oops clicked wrong button....)

Its only benefitial to side that gets it.. and i invision situations where emergancy resets interrupt one side's time spent with the extra 50 auto xp... and the other side has a full week with it.. etc etc

I sense possible drama in these types of situations! *noms popcorn*
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  -Rabidus- Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:33 pm

You just go assault and take your relic + their relic, giving you the xp boost, simples.

From personal experience i always feel i wanted to PvP more if the other side had our relic, because i wanted to get it back, rather then sit and wait for a reset to give me it back :p

-Rabidus-

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:37 pm

-Rabidus- wrote:You just go assault and take your relic + their relic, giving you the xp boost, simples.

From personal experience i always feel i wanted to PvP more if the other side had our relic, because i wanted to get it back, rather then sit and wait for a reset to give me it back :p

Razz well then Than is on the right side for such a need.

(and i give up on communicating with a brit since your not understanding my blatent english.) xD
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  -Rabidus- Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Just kinda seemed like there was a hint of complaining that was all Very Happy

-Rabidus-

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:45 pm

-Rabidus- wrote:Just kinda seemed like there was a hint of complaining that was all Very Happy

Yar, your right..

The complaint being having an assault wasted. Razz I remember last time Axfell players raided, server crashed/rebooted moment they got our relic back to their temple. They didn't bothered raiding again though so thats good.

But i am sure as soon as there are more lvl 40's first thing per fresh reset will be an assualt? Razz (i formulate it into a question since i rarely played moths or exoduse.)

tsk, you expect the worse out of me!
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  -Rabidus- Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:49 pm

Aaah i see. As for assaults it wasn't really like that on moths, if i recall rightly there would be maybe one 'huge' fight per day, when it was in it's prime anyway. but people didn't really rush for a relic straight away, they gave it abit of time, probbaly because everyone wanted to go get chests and the like first Very Happy

You'll just have to wait and see what happens i guess!

-Rabidus-

Back to top Go down

Post  J. Persinne Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:53 pm

Eh. For me, assaulting has never been about the relic XP. +50 per hour is a pittance. Rather, it's all about the entertainment value.

J. Persinne

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:50 pm

TheeVals wrote:
If we do what constrainer is planning willl there be routine reboots/resets.. any resets at all?
Yes there definitely will be resets. I would be able to remotely connect to the server and reboot it or we can start scheduled reboots. Over time every server needs a reboot or at least this one does.
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:52 pm

agreed, good idea. I like the sound of that
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  cybergrime Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:20 pm

I would prefer to be able to stay AFK for extended periods of time. It's not that it's just one night but some of us will go weeks without a real play session and for those people it is beneficial to try their best to stay up with the rest of the crowd, or at least feel like they are getting to play a game.

Also helps me get right into the high level assaults/emos parties. Compare it to the offline skill building that is integrated into the MMO EVE Online. Smile

On a personal note it makes me feel like I'm getting to play the game even when I'm not. Sad busy life!

In regards to the actual topic, since I haven't played much yet there hasn't been time to assess the situation.

cybergrime

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:41 am

Yes time is an issue for me aswell, college and starting a family.

Everyone well mostly everyone has stuff going on outside nwn, so its normal for one to still wanna "feel part of things" by going afk, but it is annoying some times of the day when the server is just a AFK smoking lounge Sleep
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  mlafisca Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:48 pm

The sad reality is numbers bring numbers. If you start booting afk players new players will dwindle and the server will eventually fade away. We are just gonna have to bite the bullet until a dedicated host can be purchased and increase the player cap.
mlafisca
mlafisca

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:04 pm

Yep we are working on getting one very soon.
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:18 am

Can't wait, that will be awesome to have the stability. And to home many player's Cool
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:04 pm

Anyone care to comment on how the server has been since Star has been using the hotspot and the server cap has been reduced to 20?
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arataki Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:29 pm

From the time I started to play the ping is getting higher and higher. It started for me from 235 ping with about six players online at 6.30 GMT time. Later when there get more players online, about 15 , the ping was 575. Atm its 21.20 and the ping fluctuate between 535 and 645 with only what was it , 7 players online.

Perhaps other things causes it too. Like the weather, the busy internet connection during daytime (USA right? ), *shrugs* don't know for sure.

On an other server they ask people use direct connect. It seems to help too. No lagg spike when someone loggs in. (just a suggestion)

What I also have noticed and not just on this server is that there is more lagg when a dm is online.
Arataki
Arataki

Back to top Go down

Post  J. Persinne Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:58 pm

We've a small player list, but it's still very laggy.

I half suspect it's an issue with the module itself.

J. Persinne

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:27 pm

I dont think so. Stars internet went down the other day and now he is using someone elses wifi signal now. So its understandably slower.
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum