Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request for Parley

4 posters

Go down

Request for Parley Empty Request for Parley

Post  -terenee- Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:05 pm

*an arrow is found on the main path just behind the Fort Cleaven gate, stuck in the ground, it's trajectory indicates that it was launched from a great distance, a note is rolled around it's shaft and sealed with a light wax bearing the seal of Fort Axfell*

Unintimate Foe,
I, Ivelliös Isendel, Magistrate of Fort Axfell and True Host of Anphillia, do assert that you are without leadership. It has been many moons and battles passed since I have seen an officer defending your gates. I request that your highest ranking soldier and what necessary entourage is required for you to feel safe, meet with myself and my ambassador at a medium location to discuss political and economical relevancies. I can assure you by the name and honor of Isendel that there is no preintention for hostility, nor shall any ultimately occur by us, unless provoked. Know that since I am certain you will not surrender this war that my calling to you is only to parley. Be certain to send a tactful and diplomatic representative whom is aware of the state of the offices of Cleaven.
Promptly respond with your answer so that we may mutually agree on a time and location.

*signed intricately and and elaborately in a deep red ink that could be blood, Ivelliös Isendel*
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Request for Parley Empty Re: Request for Parley

Post  TheeVals Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:12 am

*This message is sent by messenger raven directly to axfell’s fort addressed*
To: Ivellios Isendel, Magistrate of Fort Axfell

-------------------------------------------------------------

*The date this message was written is recorded here*
Formidable Adversaries,

The invitation to discuss political and economical matters is accepted;
Under the condition that the meeting is not held within the city of Ranzington.
I, in return for your assurance, can guarantee cooperation in forming a
non-hostile interaction.

The preferred times are below.
I await confirmation of the following setup or negotiations for alternative possibilities.

Time: Within several nights, two weeks, or a month
from the day this message was writen.
//(I’m free Sept 16th 5pm-11pm or this weekend, Sept 17/18th any time between 10am-11pm (times are -5GMT))//

-------------------------------------------------------------

*The message seems intentionally left unsigned, the only implication of who it is from is on the ‘envelope’*
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:44 am

*the following message is delivered via messenger raven to the grounds of Fort Cleaven. The document is on a fine parchment hewn a wine red and sealed with the signet of Axfell*

Anonymous Cleaven Agent,
I had intended to give an offering for this temporary truce to aid the defense of the individual so that next time we take the relic from Tyr the defenders will not die so easily, however if Cleavens have a general hiding deep in the undercroft of their fort then perhaps they are in need of less aid than I thought. Still I would like to meet, but I do wish that more than just this hidden leader attends. Dead Man's Crossing is an acceptable location if you do not wish to recieve the tidings and the evening of this saturday is apt. I look forward to our discussions.

I will be in the crossing in the early evening of the aforementioned date.
*saturday around 5pm GMT*

*signed in a deep red ink that could be blood, Ivelliös Isendel*
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunatik Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:37 am

removed by poster

Last edited by hundie66 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Lunatik
Lunatik

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:47 pm

*a letter delivered via Ranzington courier arrives at Fort Cleaven marked 'Cleaven Officer of Change' and sealed with the symbol of Fort Axfell.*

Bela'dra Gend,

Salutations to you. My scouts have confirmed that there has been no activity of former Cleaven leaders in at least two months, this knowledge coupled with an anonymous letter affirms your suspicion. I do thank you for your warning before I followed through with the meeting hosted by a false agent. I wish you expediate justice. Know that though we are enemies, politically I support the stripping of rank for past leaders whom attempt to reenlist after an absence. The agent must have some knowledge of the council area as they referred to the crossing that's only access is inside the gates of Cleaven. I will issue a temporary withdrawl order for any siege attempts staged in Suman Valley until your offices are once again secured with legitimate leaders. Know that I can not extend that order to lands beyond your boundry.
I eagerly anticipate correspondance regarding your resolve of this attempted usurpation and the following political status.
Feel free to send post if you have need.

*signed in a deep red ink that could be blood, Ivelliös Isendel - Magistrate of Axfell*
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:00 pm

// sorry to break rp but i'm left confused as to what our characters should know and shouldn't.
Is it fair if Myra somehow learns of bela'dra contacting axfell to slander her and stop the meeting? Razz (I don't wanna waste a saterday rping out being "stood up" in game)
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:14 pm

\\in role Ivel would not reply to the anonymous sender to cancel the meeting for two reasons; 1. He is certain all cleaven council except for Than has been absent at every meeting and raid in the last two months and 2. It was sent anonymously, indicating to him a need for secrecy. It makes perfect sense given the circumstances. I have DM'd hundreds of pen and paper sessions and this is one instance when your character should not know something that you do, but you could use this oppurtunity to roleplay forcing the discovery, say.. who does check the mailbox at fort cleaven?\\
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:19 pm

// considering bela'dra magicly knows of the letter myra sent, (havn't rped with her at all yet.) then i wont waste my time by avoiding metagaming when other players don't restraint themselves.
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:26 pm

\\ that is actually exactly what I was addressing. In role I assumed that she had recieved my response to you, as it was not addressed a specific person, any Cleaven could have intercepted it...I however addressed my reply directly to her position and name. take what you will from the sum \\
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:26 pm

*After the parchment addressed to an anonymous Cleaven agent was received and read by Captain Daler and those present Bela'dra Gend was seen hastily writing something and sending a young woman off clutching a white flag.*

//Myra can at the very least can suspect Bela has been sending off messages because the message was not received in private. Others in the fort have been talking. PM me if there are any questions about this.

Admin
Admin

https://anphgenesis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunatik Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:32 am

removed by poster

Last edited by hundie66 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Lunatik
Lunatik

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:41 pm

// xD sorry for long ooc reply post... in rp section... gaaah
(promise i desist after i say my peace and explain my actions...)

thank you for clearifying that its nothing personal and just rp, hundie xD
Also thanks for the dm's input, could be helpful to have more dm's input of npc rp xD

I had assumed since no reply was made to the post.. (and i logged in as myra prior to making my rp-post...) that the captain would have shown myra the first letter (since no new council was formed?)
I didn't mean to come off as annoyed with any players over their choice of rp, its interesting and good rp and i am glad rp exists xD
(even if its conflictual... *hides in cornor afraid of conflict rp...*)
I also didn't mean to step over any boundries, I personally detest the type of rp that involves a player controling an NPC and i try my best to avoid that whole imposing rp.

If any dm is willing to, I welcome captain Daler coming to life and putting my assumptions to an end in the whole "Is myra still officially 2nd in command?" ...
because in my point of view is that it depends either on
--the captain (who stubornly sticks to a scripted conversation... that jerk!) or
--the majority of cleaven soldiers.
So I oocly assume the captain hasn't made any objections yet and icly, myra has and will be investigating what the masses prefer.

I hope i havn't gone about all this the wrong way, its been a while since i rp'd, still questioning if i am capable of proper rp. Dreadful of falling off the horse again...

Side note;
hundie66 wrote: In effect committing several offenses commonly reserved for Military soldiers. Such as Desertion, Dereliction of Duty, Treason {in the case of Commanders.. leaving ones Post is considered an offense against the Nation, or in this case Cleaven Armed Forces}, etc...

I've never known rp in cleaven to be that realistic, never known any anphillia to be that realistic.
I'm willing to play along with such realistic rp, dispite the fact that it would be a drastic change to how cleaven was a few months ago. xD
But every current player should agree and the dms condone rp to take a more realistic approach.
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down