Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In all seriousness

+6
Whoisthere
Rann Cora
sniqow
Rugnarie
OmegaChaos
SeXy_SnipER
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

In all seriousness  - Page 2 Empty Re: In all seriousness

Post  Dae_Blazin Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:17 pm

OmegaChaos wrote:If Dae or someone else wants to step up as the head builder I would like to volunteer my time as an additional/assistant scripter/builder.
No, in fact HELL NO.

I'm not leading anything. TheeVal asked if I would consider scripting because she thinks I'm good at it. That's is as far as it got.
I think it should be set more to a public request/vote. I don't mind helping out, and it would be nice to play again. But if we're moving from one dictator to another I dunno how much I'll get done. Throw out ideas, vote on it, then divide out the work between scripters and builders. (I separate because I can script but I'm terrible at area building)

If your opposed to me working on some scripts just say so and I'll just stay here to give advice, or leave.
Dae_Blazin
Dae_Blazin

Back to top Go down

Post  OmegaChaos Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:46 pm

Not sure where the animosity is coming from but I am going to chalk this up to so far we have two people (Myself and Dae) that are willing to be a part of the scripting/building team where work is divided up.

If I am understanding correctly, Dae is proposing that we have someone that is in charge of organizing the team and helping with assigning who does what. I like the idea that there is some sort of vote or discussion either just within the team or with the community as a whole on what to work on.

Rann and Raven, you both are responsible for the server currently. Is this something that you see working? Also do either of you think you would have the time and vision to be the one(s) that oversee the team (whoever it ends up being).

OmegaChaos

Back to top Go down

Post  Rann Cora Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:56 pm

Let me describe how I see the leadership and future of this mod going.

What I want to have is a leadership team. A group of people who enjoy their time within our community and want to see it thrive. I think we have started moving towards that by adding Raven and OmegaChaos. And I don't intend to stop there. Sniqow will be an RPDM once we sort out that problem. But that still leaves open the fact that we NEED someone who can get into the mod and make changes. I am open to any and all volunteers to help with this. However, if you're going to have that level of access to the mod, I expect you to be counted among the staff and the leadership team.

Dae, if you are willing to come on and help, I would greatly appreciate it. OmegaChaos, if you are willing to get into some building and scripting, I would also greatly appreciate that. I don't expect a "head scripter/builder." I expect a team. A leadership team. A few individuals working towards a common goal. A goal which the community will direct.

Does that clarify anything for anyone?

Rann Cora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OmegaChaos Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:00 pm

I like it

OmegaChaos

Back to top Go down

Post  Whoisthere Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:54 pm

I think it all sounds good, getting some web and mod development framework moving.. .... I would also just like to add that you have one main person from each Faction, Axfell and Cleaven field any player issues and that one person can PM staff about the issue and discuss actions needed, not post a complaint on the Forum.. Come up with a player issue process, could involve the spokes person from both factions and staff to come up with a final outcome of a player.. Hate to see all the dirty air clouding up the forum site, think someone commented on this previous..
Again just delete all the main Forum categories, everything.. If you want your RP stuff copy and past it into a text file and repost it back on later.. Make new topics to organize however works best, start fresh with mod change voting and bug reports.. IP address and rules can be on main Web page.. Re enter Axfell and Cleaven Topics..
Whoisthere
Whoisthere

Back to top Go down

Post  SeXy_SnipER Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:55 pm

SeXy_SnipER wrote:I am right there with you tvals I don't understand how it all works or is working. To take one tiny step back and I'm sure I'm speaking for tvals here also I'd rather not have one crazy scripter coming up with hung son their own without some sort of voting/talk about process.. But yeah I think moth put this anphillia together from the start maybe .. Took time off when Felix got it and came back ?

I agree 100% Rann there should be a vote for some of the bigger scripting/building at a minimum between the staff. I don't think the community needs to know eveything being built cause that keeps the fun and surprise in it!
SeXy_SnipER
SeXy_SnipER

Back to top Go down

Post  Dae_Blazin Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:41 pm

So we're not Ironfist working on this. Good, I don't mind helping then, I just hate when a person on a power trip hyjacks the work. I can start scripting again but just remember it's been a few years so I need to get back into things. That being said.

m.d.ross_1

I'm online nearly all the time but I might not actualy be there, so to speak. Just pop a message and I'll get back to you when I sit at the computer. Just remember I have a 3 year old and an 8 month old. Currently my job is non-exsistant since it's winter. I'll also need your info so I can add you to mine.

After my initial sarcastic hello I also went and found my set of CD's and notebooks, and I appear to have 3 versions of Anphillia burned to a disk.
One I must have been working on myself and is totally messed up. Forts look like there burned down and when I checked it you start in a cave for axfell, and cleaven have renovated there crypts. ATS & CNR

One seems to have been greatly worked on. Condor Scream, Iron Hold (?), Orb Landing (?) ATS

One seems to be a fresh V3 out-of-the-box, no expantions, ATS.
Dae_Blazin
Dae_Blazin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rann Cora Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:18 pm

Raven, kindly send Dae a copy of the current mod please. I'll give you access to the staff forums.

Rann Cora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dae_Blazin Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:32 pm

Er, should have asked this before.
Am I a DM now?
Dae_Blazin
Dae_Blazin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dae_Blazin Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:41 pm

Once I get the mod I'll check in on the log script and see if that is why DM's can't log on.
Dae_Blazin
Dae_Blazin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rann Cora Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:45 pm

I didn't think you wanted a role like that, but knowing a bit of your background, I'm open to it.

Rann Cora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dae_Blazin Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:52 pm

Rann Cora wrote:I didn't think you wanted a role like that, but knowing a bit of your background, I'm open to it.
Honestly I don't... but checking and testing scripts in the server is so much easier when I can just-
Opposed to
Level up to that point, gather a group, travil there, poke the script and see how it responds, travel back to base, log out.

It sounds like nothing but having to wait for the amount of people the level I need them to be and the time it takes to travel there and back can be forever.
Dae_Blazin
Dae_Blazin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rann Cora Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:02 pm

I'm ok with that. Once we get it sorted to where we can log in to the DM client without crashing the whole thing that is.

Rann Cora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Faven aka Undying Knight Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:42 am

Rann Cora wrote:Raven, kindly send Dae a copy of the current mod please.  I'll give you access to the staff forums.

Okay, will do first thing this A.M.

Dae_Blazin wrote:Once I get the mod I'll check in on the log script and see if that is why DM's can't log on.

^ Please, oh please! Smile I will wait for you to do this before I get into going through the blue prints then, thank you!

Faven aka Undying Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Dae_Blazin Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:08 am

I got the mod. I'll start looking through it and see if there is an overburdened script or something causing crashes.
Then I need to know a list of fix/add/mod/replace exc
Dae_Blazin
Dae_Blazin

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:49 pm

I want to give some info for those of you who don't know. Our beloved mod is a hodgepodge of past Anphillias.  There is still scripts and stuff from the hardcore where you need to have food and camp or you get tired. It would be easier to start from scratch than try to sort out what is actually needed and whats trash in the whole mod. ATS is very messy and not done very well. So its not as easy as just picking up where the last person left off. You just kind of do what you can with whats already there. Its very difficult and time consuming to do much with the mod. Its cool to see you guys wanting to work on it though. I made the mistake of letting someone build who didnt have an understanding of the current semi balance of the mod before. As long as the scope of each project is mutually understood by the staff there isnt any reason why someone new couldnt take a go at it.
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sniqow Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:26 pm

Not only is it a ton of work but Moth has made it pretty clear that he's not keen on people digging into the mod and making changes without checking in with him, hopefully he's following the forums, if not we should check with him that it's okay to proceed if we plan on expanding on the current mod.

sniqow

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:52 am

Rann Cora wrote:
In case I didn't make it clear in my previous post, I WANT SOMEONE WITH EXPERIENCE TO START WORKING ON THE MOD FROM A SCRIPTING AND BUILDING STANDPOINT.  I am not waiting on Moth anymore.  This is already decided.

While it is a nice consideration to wait to at least inform the original maker of this module and last recent contributor in terms of scripting... The module for this community was initially built on and modified from the public release... by a few people who did not have to consult moth... however I can safely assume they must have consulted fellow staff members involved in the community.

Which is why I have trouble understanding this importance of awaiting 1 person's approval when it would be a better functioning system in the way of.. Host approves and community majority approves....
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  SeXy_SnipER Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:02 pm

I was going to post this in the new topic of suggestions but i didn't want to clutter it with this but I just wanted to say thanks to ALL that are helping getting this mod to above par standards. I know its a little on the cheesy side but we are all thankful I promise!

Keep up the good work
-SeXy
SeXy_SnipER
SeXy_SnipER

Back to top Go down

Post  Whoisthere Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:07 pm

SeXy_SnipER wrote:I was going to post this in the new topic of suggestions but i didn't want to clutter it with this but I just wanted to say thanks to ALL that are helping getting this mod to above par standards. I know its a little on the cheesy side but we are all thankful I promise!

Keep up the good work
-SeXy

I second that..!!
Thank You..!!
Whoisthere
Whoisthere

Back to top Go down

Post  Dae_Blazin Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:00 pm

Breaking news! I've been given a new task. Check it out!
https://anphgenesis.forumotion.com/t946-new-old-areas#7294
Dae_Blazin
Dae_Blazin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum