Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unique way to distroy items...

2 posters

Go down

Unique way to distroy items... Empty Unique way to distroy items...

Post  TheeVals Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:46 pm

So here is a riddle. How do you pick up an item from the ground, if barter auto-cancelling causes it to drop because of a full inventory?

-So far a relog didn't work, resting didn't work.
Clicking on it with inventory closed does nothing.
Clicking on it with inventory open enables the ability to drag the item but can't drop it into inventory.
Clicking on it with inventory and barter window open, trying to drag and drop it into barter window... doesn't work.
Equip command doesn't work.
Pick up to inventory command doesn't work.
Examining it works.

When i switch through inventory pages the item flashes on the ground disappearing for a split second.

Equip command in shifter form gives the 'You cannot use that item.' message.
Since server is lagging for me at the moment;; Lag causes it to momentairly show the ability to drop the item in the equipment slot and inventory but that ability disappears after lag is gone.

Didn't find a way to get the item back, this is a nasty bug considering those moments that a barter window closes randomly is uncontrolable.
Moral of story and only solution is prevention; Don't barter without plenty of inventory space. Wish I didn't have to lose a item to discover a stupid bug. y,y *annoyed*
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Unique way to distroy items... Empty Re: Unique way to distroy items...

Post  J. Persinne Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:49 pm

It is a bug that, unfortunately, plagues pretty much every server.

Theoretically, you could track when a player is bartering and cancel the autosave when that happens; but the implementation would be hacktastic, and I imagine that whoever's doing scripting right now would consider it a pretty low priority all things considered.

FWIW, I sympathize. It's happened to me quite a few times and it's never fun.

J. Persinne

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum