Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can be killed in the new Seeska quest while in transition?!?!?!?!?!?!?

5 posters

Go down

You can be killed in the new Seeska quest while in transition?!?!?!?!?!?!? Empty You can be killed in the new Seeska quest while in transition?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Post  Lunatik Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:57 pm

removed by poster

Last edited by hundie66 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Lunatik
Lunatik

Back to top Go down

You can be killed in the new Seeska quest while in transition?!?!?!?!?!?!? Empty Re: You can be killed in the new Seeska quest while in transition?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Post  CJ_RULZ Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:22 pm

You cant be attacking inside the trans, if an enemy follows you through then they can kill you before you load yes, but im pretty sure they cant use portals. Therefore you actually got hit before you entered the trans and just took the damage after. But yes the whole invisible untargetable enemies is very annoying can something be done about it or is it a just bug with nwn?

On a side note the portal atually returns you to cleaven not noris Razz

CJ_RULZ

Back to top Go down

You can be killed in the new Seeska quest while in transition?!?!?!?!?!?!? Empty Re: You can be killed in the new Seeska quest while in transition?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Post  Felix Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:54 pm

The invis creature thing is a NWN bug to my knowledge. If you have time to you can relog and then most times you will be able to see the creature. This wlll not work well if you have a slow machine as they will beat you down while you load.
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothMan Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:36 am

The "invisability" is a bug where the texture of the creature can't be drawn, most likely due to some error in reading the texture into the memory.
Nothing to do to prevent this from happening as far as I know.

I noticed early in my days of modding that if creatures spawn near the entrance of an area (i.e spawn within the sightrange of a PC who just entered the area), this tends to happened more often.

As such all encounters spawnpoints are located outside the sightrange of an entering PC where possible, which is almost everywhere.
Futhermore some "skins" in particular seem to have this issue more often, most of those being CEP model textures.

As a player there are ways to fix this when it happeneds.
Bascially what you need to do is force your game to reload the textures and hope they won't get buggy again.
This can be done by zoning or relogging. Relogging being the most successful of the two, since it ensure that all gamedata in the memory is purged.
Note that just running out of the sightrange of a buggy texture won't help (it will not purge the memory of that texture).

Whenever you come within visual range of an NPC your computer will attempt to load the texture into the memory and the draw it.
And there it will remain, until purge to make room for another texture (or other piece of data).

The only way to refesh the texture is to first purge the texture from the memory then have it read in once again.
To achive this you must first exit the area (purge) then enter it again (read).
As stated above, this is done by either zoning or preferably relogging.

-TheMothMan
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sancho Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:40 pm

I most often just rezone if an invis enemy is a problem, never had it not work, as to your other issue, any time you die in transition the player backpack cannot be created at the place of death so all cash disappears the corpse is usually sent to the fort when that happens but not always

Sancho

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum