Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xp Increase...

3 posters

Go down

Xp Increase... Empty Xp Increase...

Post  TheeVals Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:11 pm

By adding more quests. lol

This isn't another post about begging/demanding more xp ingain from killing mobs, No.
Instead this post exists for the purpose to ponder over the possibility of earning xp without excessive bloodshed.
An alternative way to get closer or even gain a level or two without hours spent pging.
I'm interested to know of everyone's oppinion on this and the possibility of it being implimented.
As far as i know the existing alternatives are quests for lvls between 1-20 and magic nuts

My idea is to have more quests, that any/all lvls can take and complete.
Much like the 1 per reset quest that 1 character of any level can do.
(for cleaven its a toothpick from a bear or something...)
Or the one in ranzington, the preacher exchanges a certain drop item for xp...

But these new quests can be craft orientated (encourage resource gathering and making items.)

As it stands now, there are rarely any new players and once you're geared crafting only serves for making gp (or it used to... not sure if it still does.).
So to create quests of the captain/merchant requesting a certain amount and types of boots, weapons, armor, jewlery to be commisoned would keep the purpose to craft alive.
The player could be given the option to chose from which craft- since it wouldn't be far to be a tailor and randomly get a blacksmith based item production request.

Example;
Captain "we're in need of a few supplies"
1. Blacksmith
2. Tailor
3. Jewler

and then after one of those are selected a random item that can be crafted from that trade is requested and a certain amount. The minimum amount could be between 1-5 for the more difficult to craft items, and the maximum amount could be 20-25 for the lower skill-required items that can be crafted.

The problems with this setup are;
1) difficult/complexed scripting???
2) Xp-reward balance*

*Some trades are more complex than others, easyier to lvl up and easyier to make large amounts of the same item.

I consider...

Blacksmith as time consuming with mining, but if stocked up on weightless ingot stacks then it makes crafting large amounts of weapons/armor very easy. Even with the random 50/50 chance of getting exceptionally crafted items.
Besides the optional 10k gp spent on a mule (and more boxes for a full hual) and initial perchase of copper tools, this trade is comparitively cheap.
[Mining, Smelting, Armor/Weapon]

Tailoring can be leveled up soley by collecting flowers/making dyes. Dyes can also be stocked up in the inventory. However, Tanning is required to produce items. Tanning is significantly expensive, (acids oils salts wax and logs) to produce hardened hides. Also some epic gear requires mob-drops; Blue dragon blood, slaad tongues, scrolls, etc.
[Tanning, Tailoring]

Jewelcrafting is overall the most time consuming and slowest to gain skill. It requires gathering ore and gems, getting ideal cut or cut gems is 50/50 chance as well as getting exceptionally crafted or not.
The stacks of gems and ingots are weightless and large amounts can be easily stocked up. The expenses add up, (molds and copper tools).
[Mining, Smelting, GemCutting, Jewlcrafting]

xp rewards from least to greatest..
Based on secondary crafts required :: Tailoring, Blacksmithing, Jewelcrafting
Based on expenses :: Blacksmithing, Tailoring, Jewelcrafting
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Xp Increase... Empty re: xp increase

Post  Lunatik Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:26 pm

removed by poster

Last edited by hundie66 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Lunatik
Lunatik

Back to top Go down

Xp Increase... Empty Re: Xp Increase...

Post  DeathWarding Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:29 pm

hundie66 wrote:I like those ideas... anything that is different and useful is worth trying.

I do however have one alteration to that. Those of us that don't craft, would lose out.. however if you still had quests available to retrieve raw materials or components of a certain type or number. that would be ok too. {And yes the non-crafters are most likely a minority, but I've tried it.. and personally.. I can't stand crafting. I've tried them all.. on my own.. with an experienced crafter "holding my hand", it just didnt do it for me.. but i have no problem with collecting stuff for xp}

Agreed
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:19 pm

TheeVals wrote:By adding more quests. lol

This isn't another post about begging/demanding more xp ingain from killing mobs, No.
Instead this post exists for the purpose to ponder over the possibility of earning xp without excessive bloodshed.
An alternative way to get closer or even gain a level or two without hours spent pging.
I'm interested to know of everyone's oppinion on this and the possibility of it being implimented.
As far as i know the existing alternatives are quests for lvls between 1-20 and magic nuts

My idea is to have more quests, that any/all lvls can take and complete.
Much like the 1 per reset quest that 1 character of any level can do.
(for cleaven its a toothpick from a bear or something...)
Or the one in ranzington, the preacher exchanges a certain drop item for xp...

But these new quests can be craft orientated (encourage resource gathering and making items.)

As it stands now, there are rarely any new players and once you're geared crafting only serves for making gp (or it used to... not sure if it still does.).
So to create quests of the captain/merchant requesting a certain amount and types of boots, weapons, armor, jewlery to be commisoned would keep the purpose to craft alive.
The player could be given the option to chose from which craft- since it wouldn't be far to be a tailor and randomly get a blacksmith based item production request.

Example;
Captain "we're in need of a few supplies"
1. Blacksmith
2. Tailor
3. Jewler

and then after one of those are selected a random item that can be crafted from that trade is requested and a certain amount. The minimum amount could be between 1-5 for the more difficult to craft items, and the maximum amount could be 20-25 for the lower skill-required items that can be crafted.

The problems with this setup are;
1) difficult/complexed scripting???
2) Xp-reward balance*

*Some trades are more complex than others, easyier to lvl up and easyier to make large amounts of the same item.

I consider...

Blacksmith as time consuming with mining, but if stocked up on weightless ingot stacks then it makes crafting large amounts of weapons/armor very easy. Even with the random 50/50 chance of getting exceptionally crafted items.
Besides the optional 10k gp spent on a mule (and more boxes for a full hual) and initial perchase of copper tools, this trade is comparitively cheap.
[Mining, Smelting, Armor/Weapon]

Tailoring can be leveled up soley by collecting flowers/making dyes. Dyes can also be stocked up in the inventory. However, Tanning is required to produce items. Tanning is significantly expensive, (acids oils salts wax and logs) to produce hardened hides. Also some epic gear requires mob-drops; Blue dragon blood, slaad tongues, scrolls, etc.
[Tanning, Tailoring]

Jewelcrafting is overall the most time consuming and slowest to gain skill. It requires gathering ore and gems, getting ideal cut or cut gems is 50/50 chance as well as getting exceptionally crafted or not.
The stacks of gems and ingots are weightless and large amounts can be easily stocked up. The expenses add up, (molds and copper tools).
[Mining, Smelting, GemCutting, Jewlcrafting]

xp rewards from least to greatest..
Based on secondary crafts required :: Tailoring, Blacksmithing, Jewelcrafting
Based on expenses :: Blacksmithing, Tailoring, Jewelcrafting

I like the idea of simply having another alternative to gaining exp, other then mindless hours of grinding. Even though adventures can be fun and full or RP events, but when its grind time when it comes to a certain point its mindless and somewhat aggravating.
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum