Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My names got switched- am I ok to play?

5 posters

Go down

My names got switched- am I ok to play? Empty My names got switched- am I ok to play?

Post  DarthKittyBoo Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:07 pm

So after this whole security update- my log in names got switched around.

I logged in as ColdasHoth and I had a bunch of weird characters in there that were in the wrong faction then I play... they looked familiar though. But big issue- No Lily'ian

So backed up and logged in as an older name DarthBooBooKitty- and there she was.

Somehow all the characters from my two names were switched.

I don't know if this is a bug so I decided not to play just in case she was considered a "broken" character. Seems harmless enough but wanted to report this. Maybe see if they could be switched back-

DarthKittyBoo

Back to top Go down

My names got switched- am I ok to play? Empty Re: My names got switched- am I ok to play?

Post  Professor Plum Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:11 pm

Do you play with multiple nwn's through a single router?
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

My names got switched- am I ok to play? Empty Re: My names got switched- am I ok to play?

Post  J. Persinne Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:11 pm

You're not the only one experiencing oddities, though the issue is almost certainly a result of someone playing with multiple clients through a single router. For my part, I won a free copy of Ivellios Isendel. Hurray!

At any rate, playing your characters should be fairly safe in this case, but any tradeskill progress made will (probably) be lost. Note that future updates might change this (so it's always good to ask); but for the moment, that's nothing you need to worry about.

I'm certain that Felix can swap your characters back into place. Please also let us know which characters you have that you shouldn't so we can clear them out.

J. Persinne

Back to top Go down

Post  DarthKittyBoo Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:25 am

Ok Plum kind of lost me... yes it's all through one router but I only have one CD key and such if that is what you are asking.

And I don't have any characters that aren't mind. Sorry if I made that unclear- they are all characters that I had from long ago that I started and never stuck with. So no one that I am concerned about keeping.

DarthKittyBoo

Back to top Go down

Post  J. Persinne Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:14 am

Yes, Plum is referring to using more than one account (via separate CD keys) at the same time. With poorly configured settings, this can result in myriad issues, one of which is characters ending up where they shouldn't be.

J. Persinne

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:11 pm

I confess to not being very tech savvy but I feel I should inform those whom need to know. I had a friend set everything up for NWN but I do run 2 computers with 2 CD keys through the same router. I have never had any issues myself with any accounts and my friend tells me that I am using 2 different ports, if he is wrong perhaps, is there a way I can check? I just do not want to be the one causing difficulties for everyone else.

Alternatively, I misunderstood and the aforementioned would only cause such errors on ones OWN accounts, if that is the case; my friend was correct and this post is useless..
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  DarthKittyBoo Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:44 pm

Thought I would update a new discovery here.

Signed on through NWN Game Spy and didn't direct connect. Lily is under Cold and the rest are under DarthBooBoo

..... maybe I should delete and then redo my direct connect shortcut

DarthKittyBoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:06 am

Ivelliƶs Isendel wrote:I have never had any issues myself with any accounts and my friend tells me that I am using 2 different ports, if he is wrong perhaps, is there a way I can check?

Here is the link where I explain how to fix this.

https://anphgenesis.forumotion.com/t93-multiple-players-on-the-same-lan-network
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:07 am

DarthKittyBoo wrote:Thought I would update a new discovery here.

Signed on through NWN Game Spy and didn't direct connect. Lily is under Cold and the rest are under DarthBooBoo

..... maybe I should delete and then redo my direct connect shortcut

Just let me know what need fixing and I can switch the characters around that need to be.
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down