Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DM note gear and you and your friends and your momma and her friends

+4
J. Persinne
lkeithm
DM Starbridge
SnarleysAngel
8 posters

Go down

DM note gear and you and your friends and your momma and her friends Empty DM note gear and you and your friends and your momma and her friends

Post  SnarleysAngel Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:37 pm

Everyone please verify that they are not using DM-note gear that they do not qualify for.

This gear is noted to preserve balance between classes and penalties for using stuff you aren't allowed to should be severe IMO (including loss of lvls and gear). Please make sure you look at all your gear and ask others you travel with or see to do the same.

If you have questions about which classes belong to which groups please read the journal.

SnarleysAngel

Back to top Go down

DM note gear and you and your friends and your momma and her friends Empty Re: DM note gear and you and your friends and your momma and her friends

Post  DM Starbridge Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:03 pm

If I catch people using gear that they shouldnt be using I will take 5 level per item your using you shouldnt as well as take said items.
DM Starbridge
DM Starbridge
Admin

Back to top Go down

DM note gear and you and your friends and your momma and her friends Empty Re: DM note gear and you and your friends and your momma and her friends

Post  lkeithm Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:45 pm

I have always had a problem with DM note items. First of all let me say we have been playing here for a few months now and now it shows up that we cant use items. What is the purpose of UMD. There are only a handfull of items that do not have DM restrictions that would be usable with UMD and most of those would only need a small amount. I have asked in tells several times when dm's were on and did not get a response so I took the UMD and not have little to no use for it.

lkeithm

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Starbridge Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:48 pm

lkeithm wrote:I have always had a problem with DM note items. First of all let me say we have been playing here for a few months now and now it shows up that we cant use items. What is the purpose of UMD. There are only a handfull of items that do not have DM restrictions that would be usable with UMD and most of those would only need a small amount. I have asked in tells several times when dm's were on and did not get a response so I took the UMD and not have little to no use for it.

Balance. There are items that if anyone could use would make it unfair for other players. I have talked with a lot of players about it and they all said the same thing. DM noted items should be followed for balance.

That is my final word on the matter.
DM Starbridge
DM Starbridge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  J. Persinne Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:49 pm

UMD is great for scrolls and a number of otherwise restricted items. If you haven't found anything the skill is useful for yet, then you simply haven't been looking hard enough.

J. Persinne

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:24 pm

Agreed Very Happy
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  SnarleysAngel Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:39 pm

Get outa there!!!!

SnarleysAngel

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:06 am

Lmao, I changed it
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

DM note gear and you and your friends and your momma and her friends Empty DM Gear

Post  Sancho Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:20 am

If you're interested I could show you a way to script the DM gear requirements and take it off the honor system, unqualified players just wouldn't be able to equip the item.

Sancho

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:24 am

Sancho, Good idea That would be impressive if you could do so Idea

I'm all for adding more to balance and stabilization
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  Unscriptedjunkie Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:04 am

The problem with that is that there is no database of all DM note gear, so you would have to go through every item's description. Plus the fact that each of those items would need individual scripts, unless you know of a way that I don't. Yes I think it's a great idea, but don't think it's worth the effort.

Last edited by Unscriptedjunkie on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Unscriptedjunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:10 am

Kumo knows how!
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  J. Persinne Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:05 pm

Yeah; we implemented a DM note script on Exodus. But that system wouldn't work here, since it required modifying the items themselves. (In other words, since there are already DM noted items out there, we couldn't tie the script into them.)

You could just read the descriptions from the items and parse information that way. It'd be a little slower, though. I'll look into it.

J. Persinne

Back to top Go down

Post  SnarleysAngel Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:38 pm

I don't mind finding all dm noted items in the mod for someone if they wanna work on a script to enforce them.

SnarleysAngel

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:35 am

Twisted Evil
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  lkeithm Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:43 pm

So have taken a few days now to think about the responces and the tone and I would like to say I had a problem so I brought it to the forum. The quick responces were it is for balance enought said this is my final decision......and you have not been looking hard enough. I would like to say thanks for looking at the problem. The first constructive responce was sancho which I thank you for fix the problem. It seems there is a way to fix it but it is too much work. I dont really have a problem with rules but I dont think there is a balance in a lot of this server but that is my opinion and I guess I just need to make the new favored char if I want to play. I dont need this game, I will play with a few of my friends when they ask me to come and join them but I will go to some mmo where the dm's dont look over my char with a fine tooth comb and then displine me for something that should have been fixed in the game.

lkeithm

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:29 pm

Well check back in few weeks any maybe it will be fixed.
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum