Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interested in launching an Anphillia server; important! Let's bring Anphillia back online.

+3
DeathWarding
SeXy_SnipER
epm
7 posters

Go down

Interested in launching an Anphillia server; important!  Let's bring Anphillia back online. Empty Interested in launching an Anphillia server; important! Let's bring Anphillia back online.

Post  InFliCtSuiCidE Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:47 pm

UPDATE: Server is now up for testing. I have what I believe is the most recent version of Anphillia that's been publicly released running currently. The name of the server is Anphillia, and it is listed in the Role Play category for those of you using Neverrun.

IP Address for Direct Connect: 24.245.15.100:5121

Please note that the server is just up for testing and screwing around at the moment; I cannot guarantee that nothing will change before I have an understanding of how everything works. Feel free to hop in and check everything out, I'll be checking in when I see someone has logged on. Thanks guys, hope to see some of you there. =p

UPDATE CONCLUDED.

Hey there everyone.  Name's Gunner, and I've been playing NWN on and off (mostly on) since it released back in '02.  I played back on the original Anphillia, and used to hang out and chat with Vico and Tyros the Pyromancer while rolling around in my perma-haste armor (back when that was allowed).  Anyhow, I've been getting back in to NWN lately along with a couple of my buddies, and since I can't seem to find an Anphillia server to play on, I figure the next best thing is to host one.

I have an intel Quad-Core I7 based computer with 32GB of RAM that can host an NWN server like a pro.  Hosting this server would be it's ONLY purpose.  I've gotten my hands on at least five different variations of the Anphillia module, although I'm not sure which variant people prefer or if there's a newer version someone could forward me.  (I think I've got Continuum, but not necessarily the latest available version.)

At this point, I could have the server up later tonight if that's what I wanted to do, but I'm currently looking for feedback as to whether or not something like this would be viable and if people would play; given that I haven't played Anphillia in years, I'd be looking for another guy or two to run the DM side of things for me, and probably someone to help with building and modifying scripts.  I've also posted on the NWN Facebook group to attempt to get more information and opinions on this potential project.  Anyohw, if this is going to happen, I want it to happen sooner rather then later; if anyone is reading this, you can get at me either by adding me on Skype or adding me on Facebook.  Someone hit me up so we can get this show on the road.

- Gunner -

Facebook: I can't post a link here, so it's facebook.com/gunner.colt

InFliCtSuiCidE

Back to top Go down

Interested in launching an Anphillia server; important!  Let's bring Anphillia back online. Empty Re: Interested in launching an Anphillia server; important! Let's bring Anphillia back online.

Post  epm Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:35 pm

InFliCtSuiCidE wrote:Tyros the Pyromancer
Now that's ancient.
I hope there is some interest from others. I will roll up a PC.

This past December was the first since '02 there was no Anphillia server available. I was disappointed because my x-mas vacation was usually spent wasted and wired playing Anphillia around the clock.  It was sort of a tradition.

Cheers and long live war.

epm

Back to top Go down

Interested in launching an Anphillia server; important!  Let's bring Anphillia back online. Empty Re: Interested in launching an Anphillia server; important! Let's bring Anphillia back online.

Post  InFliCtSuiCidE Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:28 pm

Good to see there's still some people out there who check this forum; I'll pretty much be around all day today if you'll be logging on; I'd love to have a conversation with you regarding all this new functionality I'm seeing with the module; I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment, to say the least. Also, I'm dying to know who the Untys are, since I've seen them brought up several times on this forum and there seems to be a fair amount of disdain towards them from the player base. =p

Anyhow, hope to see you around.

InFliCtSuiCidE

Back to top Go down

Post  InFliCtSuiCidE Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:20 pm

Also, although I neglected to mention this and probably should have, if you have the contact info of anyone else who may be interested, be sure to let them know; it doesn't appear that too many people check this forum very often any longer. D=

InFliCtSuiCidE

Back to top Go down

Post  SeXy_SnipER Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:20 pm

I'm interested and will be loading neverwinter tonight prolly won't be around till tomorrow though. See you around!
SeXy_SnipER
SeXy_SnipER

Back to top Go down

Post  InFliCtSuiCidE Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:47 pm

Sounds good, looking forward to seeing you around.

InFliCtSuiCidE

Back to top Go down

Post  InFliCtSuiCidE Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:45 pm

Just an update for anyone who still checks this forum, I am currently running Anphillia V2. This is the module that has Axfell, Cleaven, Razington, Drow, and Shilar as factions, however I have currently restricted players to only Axfell or Cleaven given the small size of the player base. I have been running DMed roleplay events for players, so please feel free to stop by if you'd like to check us out. Note that I am not adverse to running a newer variant of the module if that's what players wish, however, gone are the days of free XP for hanging out in the barracks while you're sleeping IRL, players will have to earn their experience.

Anyhow, that's all I've got for now, I will be updating in a day or two once I get some forums set up.

InFliCtSuiCidE

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:52 am

Awesome, I just poked in, Im down to play!
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  SeXy_SnipER Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:39 pm

Hey so I downloaded NWN Diamond of GOG the other night and got the CEP and such but every time I try to load up multiplayer it says it cannot connect, any clues? my firewall is not the reason I already checked that. I've never bought a game of GOG before so I may have done something wrong?
SeXy_SnipER
SeXy_SnipER

Back to top Go down

Post  Rugnarie Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:22 am

Well, the server is not online...
Might be the problem.
Very Happy
Rugnarie
Rugnarie

Back to top Go down

Post  Lacuna27 Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:45 am

It's disappointing that hardly anyone played on Inflict Suicide's server. Of course I only played there for a couple of hours with two other people waiting for more people to show up and then I left and never went back. My point is if hardly anyone came to play on this server then what is going to happen when Cubic Sphere is finally done with the module he's working on?

Lacuna27

Back to top Go down

Post  SeXy_SnipER Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:51 am

Yeah that does suck, I have/had every intention of playing just took me a minute to get my nwn up. Plus I just got Korea orders so I'll have about 1 year all to my self to play, play and more playing so something is gonna have to happen. Does anyone have the latest version that Felix was running before he went down? Like when we had our last decent population? I wouldn't mind running that!?
SeXy_SnipER
SeXy_SnipER

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:34 pm

SeXy_SnipER wrote:Yeah that does suck, I have/had every intention of playing just took me a minute to get my nwn up. Plus I just got Korea orders so I'll have about 1 year all to my self to play, play and more playing so something is gonna have to happen. Does anyone have the latest version that Felix was running before he went down? Like when we had our last decent population? I wouldn't mind running that!?

I've had quite a few people recently asking if a anphillia server is up & itching to play like all of us . To which i concluded there's actually quite a bit of people wanting to play and revive a striving community, including myself..  I am CRAVING RP  cheers   I am willing to assist in anyway,  if anyone needs contact info we should perhaps make a new thread...

Sniqow & cubic & Daeblazin <----- I believe has them <------

Sniper Id love to have you host again to Smile
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  methuen Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:46 am

Well for longest time was just two or three people running around so think last time server went down they never bothered bringing it back up. I did send a message to the guy who was running it to see what his response is. I would really love to see one version of Anphillia back up ( been so bored been on the Rushan one running around alone in drow area )

methuen

Back to top Go down

Post  methuen Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:05 pm

The server is back up, was a weird technical problem, hope you guys see message and get in game soon, Axfell forever

methuen

Back to top Go down

Post  InFliCtSuiCidE Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:06 pm

Aight, as Methuen stated, the server is back up. I honestly had no idea it was down, so that's my bad, it's hard to tell something like that when you're hosting from the same connection you play from.

Anyhow, everything should be running again.

If anyone has any questions feel free to hit me up.

InFliCtSuiCidE

Back to top Go down

Post  InFliCtSuiCidE Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:14 pm

Also, I'm not really sure what version people prefer to have hosted, I've heard a lot of people have different opinions on it.

As far as I'm aware, the actual Anphillia V3 isn't publicly available. That's not to say someone doesn't have it, but I haven't been able to find it posted anywhere to the net. There is a module labeled as V3 that Dae had posted at one point, but as far as I've been able to determine (and based on what he said when I asked him about it) that was actually a mislabeled V1 module.

Currently I'm running V2, which I'm aware bothers some people because of the difficulty level when soloing along with the multiclass restrictions. Unfortunately, the only public version of V2 I've been able to find has had all the public script files removed. The scripts still exist, but from what I understand, without some sort of extraction tool that nobody seems to have access to since NWVault went down, there's no way to get them back to an editable state so that I could do something with them, such as, say, take out at least some of the overbearing multiclass restrictions.

I've also found public versions of Genesis, Continuum and Exodus, but I'm not a huge fan of ridiculous power builds and free XP for standing around, so I've been hesitant to host any of those without some modification first. If people are interested in getting this community back together, I'm completely down for listening to suggestions and trying to get everyone on the same page. My contact information is available, people just need to get at me.

InFliCtSuiCidE

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:54 pm

methuen wrote:The server is back up, was a weird technical problem, hope you guys see message and get in game soon, Axfell forever

Okay so, anyone playing still is at the new server?  If so InFliCtSuiCidE , we don't wanna waste time working on a character if its gonna be wiped or a different versions going to go up,  please can we make a official decision?    I have two weeks off work start today, so please ASAP can we get to gether on this?  Everyone who can still contact old/players and get them on here to air their opinion. Please

P.S- Does this server have authentication, meaning people cant log into others accounts/characters?
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  InFliCtSuiCidE Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:04 pm

I think it was you I tried to message yesterday on FB but no response. If there's anything you want to talk about just hit me up on FB/Skype, my info is on my profile here.

InFliCtSuiCidE

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:47 am

InFliCtSuiCidE wrote:I think it was you I tried to message yesterday on FB but no response.  If there's anything you want to talk about just hit me up on FB/Skype, my info is on my profile here.

Roger that.

I had fun starting my character lastnight... Too bad my leg just got impaled at work and had surgery two days ago now and boy did it take it outta me. Plus new meds which are strong i might add, knocked me out after i ate.  Didn't mean to AFK for the night.  Anyway i look forward to seeing everyone on the server!    

Due to my recent... injury I'll be fully active on the forum and the server,  if anyone wants contact info it would be a good idea for us all to post other forms contact.

ALSO, forgot InFliCtSuiCidE will be making a new forum for the server that way we can not have to filter through all of these old posts, despite how good the memories were.
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  InFliCtSuiCidE Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:51 pm

http://anphilliaascension.forumotion.com/

New forum as Deathwarding mentioned.

InFliCtSuiCidE

Back to top Go down

Post  InFliCtSuiCidE Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:12 am

Server still up; check it out peeps. =D

InFliCtSuiCidE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down