Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annnnd that's a wrap

+6
OmegaChaos
Rann Cora
TheMothMan
Darken Rahl
TheeVals
_Shortstack_
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Annnnd that's a wrap - Page 2 Empty Re: Annnnd that's a wrap

Post  TheMothMan Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:23 am

To TheeVals:

I can't speak for the other member of the staff here, but I'm personally really sick of your childish nonsense.
It's boring, unconstructive, hateful and it goes on and on and on.
I can only imagine the dung you spread ingame where none of us in the establishment can see it.

Does your presence help the community thrive and grow?
Does it make it a welcoming place?
Do you bring a good experience to your fellow players?
And most important of all; are you having fun playing?

These are questions you need to ask yourself.

If the answer is "no" to most of these questions, you need to take a step back and see what you are actually doing here.

I can obviously only gauge how you are doing based on what you post here on the forums, but judging from that, you seem to be having an awful time here with us.

But in all fairness, some of your post that I managed to suffer through contained constructive criticism, which is always welcome (I really mean that).
But to sift through the shit to find the gems (which aren't all that shiney to be honest) isn't something anyone got either time or energy to do.
There is so much bullshit in form of bickering, greif, hate and malcontent that it's hard to sometimes see what you actually want to address.

Do you want to be an asshole and rage?
Or do you want to bring something to the table?
You can't do both at the same time in the same post, because then only the negative stuff will stick.
(Like I just now did in this post.)

If you have something to say, that might be of interest to anyone else aside from yourself or some other greifers, then by all means say it - in a direct and proper way.

And if you are one of those shadow-players who isn't even playing here anymore (still don't know if you are or not), but just "gracing" the forums with your presence - then please just leave.

To players in general:

Playing on this free server, and posting on it's related forum, is something everyone is welcome to.
There is no cost, no subscription and no real requirements.
That being said, it's a privilege and not a basic human right enforced by the UN.
It can be revoked at any time for reasons like griefing, harassment or just a really poisonous attitude.
We, as the establishment, doesn't owe you anything and feel no loyalty towards someone who is just here to vent.

Again, you have no right to post here if you aren't a player and/or you are just here to make trouble.

We all offer you this service for free, from our own pocket and on our own time.
We obviously want to know when someone is displeased with something.
Or if something is broken or "wrong".
We want everyone to feel welcome here and have fun playing here.
We do all this to have fun.
And so should you.
If you are not having fun, you are in the wrong place.

As of late, there has been a lot of posts where many poisonous views have been expressed - over and over again.
These bullshit posts has to stop.
There has been a lot of patience extended to people raging on the forums over the years.
But I say we end that.
Here and now.
If you want to rage, tweet it, call your mom, ram your fist into the wall or whatever.
We don't want to handle or even be remotely involved in your tantrums.

If you are honestly trying to make a point on the forums, remember that we are all people.
Snide remakes interlaced with actually information is not the way to reach people, it's a way to vent your frustration and masking it as having something of interest to say.

Maybe you're one of those players whose ideas all got turned down and now you are bitter about it?
Well, if that's the case, then they probably were bad ideas or ideas that didn't fit in here, and you will have to deal with it.
It's harsh, but everyone cannot be accomidated.
It's impossible.
This is just the way things are and no amount of bitching is dicking around is gonna change that - ever.

Just because you have a forum to expressing you thought and views on, doesn't mean that anyone will listen or that you get to be a dick about it when you get ignored or overlooked.

When the homeless guy at the soup kitchen starts giving you shit for not having his favorite dish amongst the free food you are serving, you quickly start ignoring that guy.
As soon as someone turn into 'that guy' who just jumps on any thread remotely associated with the state of the Server, just for the sake of taking a hot steaming dump all over it, you know they are lost.
At which point they need to take a step back, look at what they are doing and trying to say, then formulate a plan on how to do this in a constructive and direct way.
Because once the bitching and moaning turns in to a habbit that expands years, it's time to re-evaluate what you are actually doing.

We all have different intrests invested into this community and views on how it should be run.
This needs to be understood and respected to become a productive and contributing member of this community, at least in interactions outside the game.

All I have just said, most of you already know.
And most of you blatantly ignore it.
Because it's easy to be a dick online when you're sitting at home safe and sound behind your screen and not really seeing other peoples reactions or hearing their rebuttals.

But I also "get it".
I've been a player on several servers myself.
Player can get frustrated because they feel "nothing's happening", which in our case isn't totally inaccurate to be honest.
Some get frustrated because the things that do happend, isn't what they wanted or hoped for.
And frustration in itself can brings out really really bad sides in people, a bad side that then later turns into poison.
Then once you are poison to the community you are in, you are just dead weight.

TLDR;
If anyone comes to the point where they just vent on the forums for the sake of doing something, we don't want or need them here.  
Remove anyone who is just here to stir up things.
Cut off the dying branches and see if the tree survives.

-TheMothMan
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:45 am

Maybe learn to read instead of assuming things just to favor a point you wish to argue. I just said in my post replying to Rann that i do still play... I also replied to Trickster correcting him from misquoting me.. How did i get tells from him if I don't still play?

Your entire post is bullshit since it's based around you assuming that I no longer play so it doesn't matter if I'm disapointed by the state of this community in game.
Now if I pissed you off by having such a strong oppinion about the community just follow your own advice and be direct about.. stop this nonsense of constantly making assumptions to base insults off of and reasons why what I say should be dismissed.

I do not see why you'd want me to self reflect while we have so many other players remaining self center and not even remotely interested in facing their denials...
do you tell them to self reflect and improve.. No you probably don't... which is a tad biased. It's interesting your concern seems more on the person who refuses to keep silent about unpleasantries.. than the people who cause the unpleasantries. I'd like to also point out.. that dispite the first half of your post being only directed at me.. you have just basicly told Isendel to leave... the person whose rants you have carefully replied to in a respectable manner compared to mine. But maybe he is a exception to you... since that is how being biased works.

If you want to talk of childish nonsense your method of argueing towards me over this forum is and has been childish from the point you felt a need to ask if I still play.

I am curious... though... how... just how can a person read a post about a view point on the server's current state.. and assume that the player got this view point by doing anything less but being in game?
-It makes no sense to me.

I've been told sometimes you play under a hidden name, makes me wonder... have you actually been playing?

Because if you have not been playing.. or dming.. not directly witnessing in game activities.. once players are actually active... and I have been in game.. who between us by default has more credibility to state opinions and observations on the server's status.. the person spending time in game I'd say.
Infact I'd bet you do not play at all since that post of yours is using a very strong tone of going off on assumptions.

As for your stupid questions...
the main reason i call them stupid is because you'd just placed an expectation and demand solely on me... without holding other players... who have been less than pleasant to the same standards... they all just get a free pass with you.
The one which the answer is No, is the "are you having fun playing"

I'd tell you to take a guess as to why.. but that would also result in you coming up with trivial reason which aren't even valid just to brush off my enjoyment as unimportant.

Unless to you.. a player SHOULD have fun while playing on a server where another player goes out of their way to have horrible conflict rp with you which involves metagaming and annoyances... which turns out to have been encouraged by the host at the time..
Another player who was once friendly towards you and rp'd with you suddently decides to be upset over no longer getting enough rp and gets jealouse over you playing the game with your friend more often and it gets to the point where constantly harrass you in tells and go out of their way to make the game difficult to actually play by misclicking during pvp and claiming it was an accident constantly and rallying other players, trying to convince them that you aren't decent to rp with or play with because you don't do enough or your reasons for playing here aren't proper.
A group of players decide to harrass you simply because you are the only advesary for them at the time.. and playing the module properly.. by keeping war-related hatred ic is boring for them so they take it ooc to have their little fun.

I don't think you get it... what I have tolerated and kept playing through in hopes that it would improve.. only for repeating dispointments. I don't think you want to bother getting it.
Despite your promotion of;
We obviously want to know when someone is displeased with something.
Or if something is broken or "wrong".
We want everyone to feel welcome here and have fun playing here.
We do all this to have fun.
And so should you.
If you are not having fun, you are in the wrong place.
If you truely want too know when someone is displeased you can't expect them to remain silent about stuff that displeases them.. else.. how else do you learn what it is or that they are displeased? You don't...
If you truely want everyone to feel welcome here.. take a good look at how Rann replied to my post.. there is a reason why His reply is 10 times more welcoming than yours and I already explained my reasoning behind it.

I'm a strong believer in players finding their own enjoyment without it being at the cost of someone else's.. but that last one is a bad mentality to have if there are players are being obnoxious in game by discouraging pvp.

I was under the impression that the goal here was to enjoy the game without needing another player to dislike playing. I've yet to be told that we're permited to cause displeasure to other players to enhance our enjoyment.

If you think I'm taking about avoiding killing someone who dislikes dieing.. this doesn't count because the game is meant to have players kill each other... so please try not the misunderstand me by using that concept... while my point is obviously killing a player should be legit.. and there should be no reason or need to mock them in tells afterwards. Not sure how to make myself anymore clear.. so if anyone still reads this and in their mine they start to think..

"oh.. theevals.. they are talking about we shouldn't kill players because they might not enjoy dieing.. and that'll ruin the game for them"
Then I don't know why they'd still get that impression, makes no sense other than they must be trying to misunderstand me.
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  sniqow Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:21 am

Does your presence help the community thrive and grow?
Does it make it a welcoming place?
Do you bring a good experience to your fellow players?
And most important of all; are you having fun playing?

These are questions you need to ask yourself.

If the answer is "no" to most of these questions, you need to take a step back and see what you are actually doing here.
I'll quote and direct this at not just threevals.

The thing that's sad about this, is outside of sexysniper, threevals is the only other player who gave me the time of day in game since I came back here, it's very hard for me to sit on the fence and say it's fair to single out one person here.

We ALL need to take a long look at our reasons for being a part of this community, because the poison here is not a person but an attitude, and threvals isn't the only person who needs to be asking these tough questions.

If we can only invest enough time to point the finger, and not get our own asses in game, or to fire up new scripts, actually putting to work all of the great ideas that have been floating around.

If you're coming here flapping your gums and not in the game putting in work and playing a role, you need to check yourself. That goes for everyone.

sniqow

Back to top Go down

Post  sniqow Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:33 am

RESPECT

we need to start respecting each other more

like you pointed out moth, it's easy to sit behind a computer screen and vent your emotoins.

I used to be  bad for this, pretty much got myself shunned at one point on the old Anph for doing what threevals has done here, which is publicly call people out for their conduct in the game weather it be elitism, or double standards on the forums until people got sick of hearing it.

If anything this thread is the catalyst, if you guys can't see past yourselves and really look at the point I'm making than this community is lost and we should all move on. From what I've seen in the past couple weeks the forums have been as active if not more active than ever, but when I step ingame to play, there's hardly a soul. Lets stop being lazy and selfish and look at the big picture.

The point of putting our money where our mouths is, is past overdue and maybe I'm a conspiracy theorist but, the reason the forums have been such a fucking shit show lately.

Last edited by sniqow on Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total

sniqow

Back to top Go down

Post  sniqow Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:38 am

The thing that's sad about this, is outside of sexysniper, threevals is the only other player who gave me the time of day in game since I came back here, it's very hard for me to sit on the fence and say it's fair to single out one person here.
I gotta correct this, there were a few players who did, but I don't count them in this context, because we were already bro's from old anph and they already knew me.

sniqow

Back to top Go down

Post  sniqow Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:41 pm

Mothman

I wasnt directing what i said crypticly to you, it was a general statement im even including myself..

Threevals means well, just needs to stay off the forums for her own good

anyway, im not calling you lazy, just saying people need to play more, and post less on the forums and we need some more staff to step up in an active roll, people only have so much time on their hands and NWN players are mostly people who were in their teens to early twenties when it came out, spare time is a factor here, and we need to retain the new players that we get unless they're troublemakers or drama queens.

sniqow

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:25 am

So this is where the battle has been taking place I was looking around in game ha! ;p
Anyway ThreeVals I always have enjoyed playing with you. Mostly its been against you but that just seems to be the way the cookie has crumbled. You rock at playing shifter and have kicked my characters asses many a time. Thank you for playing a worthy opponent!

Squash the OOC beefs and lets start some IC drama. Its just exceedingly more fun that way.
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:58 am

Thank you Felix for always being so professional and understanding whenever my fustration has got the better of me. Smile
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  OmegaChaos Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:48 am

@Felix: Kudos

@Shortstack: COME BACK!!!!

OmegaChaos

Back to top Go down

Post  _Shortstack_ Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:23 pm

Wow lol, you rascals are all crazy and wonderful (reminds me of me)! LOVE it!

_Shortstack_

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum