Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That Tumor That Grew On Your Neck

+7
Whoisthere
sniqow
SeXy_SnipER
TheMothMan
Light Grenades
Add9k
Darken Rahl
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

That Tumor That Grew On Your Neck - Page 3 Empty Re: That Tumor That Grew On Your Neck

Post  TheMothMan Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:30 pm

-terenee- wrote:The Sparring Pits were my ideal but it was before Felix gave me access to the builder forum and gave me the mod so he actually constructed it.
I see. This does not warrant a credit as far as I am concerned. You suggest there be something more/another of something that was essentially already in the MOD (The Pit) and someone else actually constructed and visualized it.

-terenee- wrote:As far as the Ancient Gra Passages; I fixed the transitions that used to cause you to tran to areas far passed areas that were supposed to be connected or being able to turn around from where you just transed and go to a completely different area, it all connects sensibly now. I also removed the original connecting are (i forget the name just now) and connected them in the base Ancient Gra Passage (the one connected to the Excavation areas)
This is essentially a bugfix and a reassembly of how areas connect, if I understood this correctly (please let me know if I misunderstood).
This is a matter of perspective I guess, but I personally don't give credit or credit myself to bug fixes.
NWN is a buggy game and I've spend hour upon hours fixing bugs in the code, but still I don't really credit myself unless I brought something new to the table so to speak.
Possibly if re-witting the whole script is a must, I might do it.

My interest lies in protecting creative content and less in crediting people for man hours, but again - that's different from person to person.

-terenee- wrote:If you would like to email me a list of scripts and content you do not want used I will review it and respect your creative work as I have been denied.
I still argue that there is no "creative work" that is yours within this MOD.
I am not trying to argue with you friend, I simply want this to be done right.
If you brought this up, we will go to the bottom of it and we will sort it out, but we will do it right.
If this is important to you, I fully respect that and I will give you credit where credit is due - but I will not credit you for fixing a broken transit and switching around entrances/exits.

Again, if you feel that I am wrong or trivializing your contribution to this MOD (since there clearly has been work done to this MOD that I am not aware of), I urge you to correct me and yet again bring it to my attention.

This is how I reason in general when it comes to crediting and this is what I tell people working with me on any of my MODs;
If someone fixes a minor error, like say a transit that is acting up and you recreate it and use waypoint instead or whatever, this to me doesn't really warrant any credit.
Same goes for a placeable that's floating mid-air or something like that.
It's a simple fix, known to basically everyone who has opened the toolset and it's just a matter of finding it (normally something that the players notice first) and actually taking 3 minutes to fix it.

If there is a real game breaking bug in the game and then someone finds a way to fix this, by some clever coding or whatever, then this warrants a credit.
But if there is no actually building done, either in code or in tiles/npc/story/items or whatever, I think adding a credit is kinda silly.

To me it's all about protecting the original content, the conceptual work and so on.
I will obviously credit man hours if someone spends hours upon hours of coding, but adding script form the script wizard or Lilac's scriptgenerator isn't really what I mean by that.
But then again, if we are talking about 100's of hours, someone will be credited for it. Smile

I realize I'm kinda contradicting here, but it's a matter of adding something to the MOD and the overall gameplay and stability of the MOD.
This is what I personally will credit for.

All of this ranting aside, this isn't just my MOD and looking around in some of the more recent scripts, people are being credited for just rearranging lines of code, like:

Putting this line of code
Down here instead
While moving this to the top of it all

And then calling it a "Cleaning of a script".
So I assume the crediting rules or whatever we are suppose to call it, are a bit lose in this particular MOD. Smile

TLDR; Show me what you actually contributed and added to the MOD, and I will credit you for it.

Cheers!

-TheMothMan
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

That Tumor That Grew On Your Neck - Page 3 Empty Re: That Tumor That Grew On Your Neck

Post  Rann Cora Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:00 pm

Just as a note, I do have forum access at work, so I can pop in while I'm here and respond, from time to time, depending on if we're slow or not. Now we happen to be slow lol.

Um, I'd appreciate any help that can be gained from a building or scripting standpoint, but that rests with Moth and Moth alone.

Moving forums seems like a legitimately good idea, since you're right, no one has true admin access here. I know it says Admin by my name, but I've never really been able to DO anything.

I wish the ban list had been transferred now. That probably would've helped the current situation. I'm debating banning the Unty clan as I did when I first started hosting. They cause a ton of trouble, and had I known they were banned before, I'd have kept it the same way. There are a ton of reasons that I have for both doing and not doing this, I'm just not sure. I'll make that decision once I get into my house and get internet and host again. I think a zero tolerance policy for dick-ish-ness should go into effect.

I would LOVE to have a good RPDM. The thing is, that person really really should be a DM ONLY with no player or anything, and that means 1 less player to fill the seats as it were. Like I mentioned, it was my intention to have someone fill this role eventually.

I'm going to throw this out there. This may not be popular, but it just popped into my head, and it seems like... well it seems kinda fun.
When I get back to hosting, let's wipe again. Let's start out with 1 faction, and 1 RPDM. Let's have that DM be a true DM, and as our characters grow and level up etc etc, as we hopefully draw old players back and get some more numbers, he/she can guide us to a roleplayed division. Say, a disagreement between two prospective leaders divides the population, and the loser just decides to leave with his followers and do his own thing. Or whatever. This will give us MORE opportunity as players to interact with each other, to RP as intended, to work together, and it'll make everything VERY interesting when things go down. Choices will be made, brother will fight brother, it all sounds SO awesome in my head. I'm rambling again. OH A CUSTOMER! GOTTA GO

Rann Cora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Add9k Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:27 pm

Well.. in reference to the trans-fix... if the person who fixes them should get credit.. shouldn't we also give credit to the two players who reported them?
(As a bug tester I don't personally get credit for the bugs I find and report.. but co-workers offer encouragement and support.)

https://anphgenesis.forumotion.com/t630-bugged-trans

I hope things have calmed down.. and stay calm. I don't like reading how 1 player is complaining to the point of threatening to quit unless "this happens". Play because you want to play.. if you no longer find it fun... don't put yourself through hell or a bothersome.

I can't help but feel a need to defend Rann as a host, he has been nothing but helpful and attentive during the time that the group of unty (and a few non-unty friends, who probably wouldn't have joined in on the harrassment were it not for the influence/peer pressure) were ooc-hostile towards me in the game due to taking the competitiveness to far... instead of focusing on nwn/anphillia's actual gameplay and remaining sportsmen like.

Also as for the stability, There is no way to judge which host between Rann or Raven has been more stable... Considering that I've witnessed plenty of teammates dieing.. and they claim it is due to lag... and not always because of their internet connection.. but due to universal server lag. And I do remember dieing a few during Rann's hosting time and lag complaints. Both have has down times which were unexpected/planned... so such a judgment is not valid and can't be proven.

-terenee- I'm not sure I saw you playing under any of your accounts while Rann was hosting...?
So I'm confused why you'd pass a judgment about the stability if you never "sampled it".
As far as I can guess.. you only have possibly two characters?
A cleric not past lvl 21... who I've seen passively logging in a few times while Rann hosted...
and now during Raven's hosting time you've only recently past lvl 21 with a build made popular by -Rabidus- (damn him..).

I also wouldn't feel stability in moving over to a new forum where the admin has a tendency to use ultimatums or defamation.
Maturity and objectivity is ideal characteristics for a leader/host/person in authority, sorry if anyone is offended by this but... it is just my personal preference and if you (-terenee-) weren't trying to sound like you were making ultimatums or you were defamatory towards Rann then that's fine it'll be great if it was unintentional.

Still rather have Rann or Raven or THE Host, start/make the new forum for us all to join.
I'd be up for trying out Rann's idea and open to a fresh start... Considering the shades having given certain player's an advantage pre-nerf. However more discussion might need to be had for how this whole 1-faction thing would work.. game-wise.
A few questions that come to mind are;
If everyone joins Cleaven and the split happens, do players switching to axfell get rebuilds?
Would Alignment restricted builds be stuck staying in the cleaven faction?
Or would Paladins/Harper Scouts/CoTs be able to change to evil-alignment classes in a rebuild?
Would those alignment restricted classes be able to rebuild to a build that has no alignment restrictions... like a charger or a pure caster?

Or will the mod be temporary modified to permit any and all alignments in the 1 faction to avoid the need of rebuilds?
-with the exception of lawful neutral, TN, and chaotic neutral not being permitted?
--otherwise axfell harper scouts/COTs and speedy/tanky druids/shifter builds due to monk lvls or dwarven defender lvls. Shocked

Will the map change drastically for this new format, or try the new format on this map to simplify things...
maybe add temporary scripts to block entry to 2nd faction area (so if Cleaven is the 1 faction.. trans to rustin road will be temporary disable...).

Now I'm eager to try this idea out... I've never played an anphillia which is focused on the origins of the war's birth. I think it has some real potential!

Add9k

Back to top Go down

Post  Whoisthere Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:43 pm

All sounds interesting but when I read this.. "When I get back to hosting, let's wipe again. Let's start out with 1 faction, and 1 RPDM." my head hurts.. Wipe.. Wipe .. Wipe.. I think I might have just hit the end of my wipe wall... I love Anphillia, all mod flavors (v3 by far when the best items where crafted) but the wipe button seems to be like the "Easy Button" around here... yes, I say back to basics, back to the old RP Anphillia..
Whoisthere
Whoisthere

Back to top Go down

Post  sniqow Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:51 pm

Lets all just shut up and play.

Smile

I've seen more action on this thread than in game.

sniqow

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:42 am

Mothman, you must be confused.. I never asked for any credit, nor do I care for any.

I was referring to being offered to build by the host, being allowed to then being told to put it on hold because you want to add new stuff..cool! So I drop what I am doing early because I am told I will get it back to finish.. I do get it back but not after being told to change basically every line of dialogue because it 'is way out of normal role with the Underdark'

I change the conversations and the area names etc to put it in suit with what Plum wants then Moth needs the mod back again, both times I implored Felix that my additions were not completed or properly secured so then weeks go by while players access these areas that I have told every other builder ARE NOT FINISHED.

The items were an intentional overshoot because I knew many things would be nixed and reduced but after people previewed my changes, even though 2 of the 4 DMs liked my additions I was no longer allowed to contribute and then was blamed as if it were my own neglect that those areas were accessed. I absolutely was not without blame but I wanted these things to be correct and was never given the chance.

I could care less about credit. I wanted to add new areas and intrigue to our server.

As far as wanting new items, you completely fixed my desire with your additions after I was no longer allowed to make changes. I had been begging for almost two years for more items to be added and they were, yet somehow my sin yet still remains

My problem then and my worry now is the lack of response and responsibility of the powers behind the server. I may not be the master builder you are but I spent over a hundred hours just building only to have it essentially erased because of an error that was out of my own control.

As far as me hosting my own Anphillia. I do certainly feel that the mod could use opinions that are from a fresher prospective, I agree that it would split the player base but it would be a much more maintained atmosphere because, apologies for my arrogance if it is that, I care deeply about my fellow player's fun more than stalking effys or exploiting bugs. If one active DM were to devote he could singlehandedly hinder that lingering feeling of loneliness this mod can induce.

I want to finish my Underdark, even if it is not what I once imagined.

P.S. you should ask yourself why you would ask me to cite work I have done in the very post you admit to removing all you have thought I had done...
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Undying Knight Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:08 am

Whoisthere wrote:All sounds interesting but when I read this.. "When I get back to hosting, let's wipe again. Let's start out with 1 faction, and 1 RPDM." my head hurts.. Wipe.. Wipe .. Wipe.. I think I might have just hit the end of my wipe wall... I love Anphillia, all mod flavors (v3 by far when the best items where crafted) but the wipe button seems to be like the "Easy Button" around here... yes, I say back to basics, back to the old RP Anphillia..
Yes the idea does sound interesting, however, another wipe? I'm just getting around to leveling up my first character, and I'm sure others are as well. Smile

Yes the Birth of Anphillia would be great for role play, but why not just use what we have currently and work off that? Were already limited as far as builders and having time to add onto the server goes, so why not just trying to add factors of role play/etc to what were are currently doing...  There are numerous amounts of different factors of RP that could be brought up/etc.. It starts with having a steady DM to interact with the player base, maybe one for each side, cleaven and axfell, setting goals to work each fort up to, giving each fort the ability to work up to something through RP and do things like add onto their forts/etc...

However i'm all for whatever the player base wants done..

Last edited by _Raven923_ on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:33 pm; edited 3 times in total

Undying Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:12 am

_Raven923_ wrote:I am completely unable to log into the server under DM client because NWserver crashes each and everytime and I still have yet to figure out a solution.
Right click run as administrator. Make sure your setup to run in compatibility mode xp sp2. That should fix it for you.

Rann, I think I sent you PMs asking if you needed anything. I had thought I gave you the admin account where you could have full powers. I can do so now if you would like.
I can also give you my ban list if you want.
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 am

Add9k wrote:and now during Raven's hosting time you've only recently past lvl 21 with a build made popular by -Rabidus- (damn him..).
I would be terribly offended by this comment... Were I -Rabidus- Razz 

It is actually different on many points, but it is still a monk speed weapon master scyther, much more fighter than is typcal in the Than-type build
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  SeXy_SnipER Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:08 am

Hey I love the fact that everyone is active on this forum right now and would love to bring up the ATS improvments once again! Very Happy  It would be amazing if we could go and increase crafting experiences and get epic crafting stuff? Again I understand ATS is a rough system to work with but I KNOW for a fact it would increase desire to play ... Thanks

-SeXy

PS: im happy your staying with us for awhile longer Isendel your pressence is ever so loved.
PSS: are we doing something baout the no cleaven pressence since that bann happened? If we need someone to transfer to cleaven I could RP that out Evil or Very Mad 
SeXy_SnipER
SeXy_SnipER

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:41 pm

SeXy_SnipER wrote:
PS: im happy your staying with us for awhile longer Isendel your pressence is ever so loved.
PSS: are we doing something baout the no cleaven pressence since that bann happened? If we need someone to transfer to cleaven I could RP that out Evil or Very Mad 
Thanks!

And I can as well, though I prefer Axfell my newest character is a name I typically reserve for a paladin role.
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Light Grenades Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Ill just say this when axfell was dominating before the wipe , and axfells were getting the relic everyboot we still played and got killed by axfells , now the hands have turned and being outnumbered all i see is abunch of whining . I can see the point of punishing and or banning a player for releasing a domed critter in ranz yes , but when someone goes out to train and runs into the enemy and kills him , then a thread turns into a book just because of that .... Cmon man!!!! and if theres any replys i will not reply back since the fisrt time darken started this thread i wasnt going to reply and shouldnt reply to this either but i did and now no more , im just going to train even if im the only cleaven playing , sorry i ran into you and didnt rp ill rp with u the next time

Light Grenades

Back to top Go down

Post  Rann Cora Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:48 pm

Thanks Felix! And yeah, if you could email me that ban list for future reference, that'd be amazing. I just didn't know that I needed it before.

If you're just getting to level a new character, I don't see why that would make you against a wipe. Also balancing sides would (temporarily) not be an issue if we did something along the lines of everyone's a Cleaven until RP takes us away from that. Plus, with the uh... discovery... of Shades and it's incredible power for leveling and that being removed, this is a good opportunity to balance out all the people that can't use it now with the people who used it to skyrocket to max level before. Also, my bad for that. I was the first person I saw using shades (pre-wipe and my hosting) and I showed several people how stupid powerful it was when you cast it up on the walls during an assault with my Bard/AA. Also why I said I had damn well better not see anyone using it to fight the archers in an assault or to tank any of the other NPCs in an assault when I DID start hosting.

When you run into a foe out in the world, you have every right to kill that person. Just know that if you examine them and they are "Effortless" and you kill them anyway, YOU ARE A JACKASS. Now, if they attack you first, that's their own stupidity and feel free to smite them into the ground.

Rann Cora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Whoisthere Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:21 pm

Just know that if you examine them and they are "Effortless" and you kill them anyway, YOU ARE A JACKASS... Yea, I'm going to examine someone prior to attacking in Krust or any other area in the middle of the map.. Now hanging out one area from the outer gate I can see the issue. Go ahead and Wipe, each wipe you lose part of your player base.
Whoisthere
Whoisthere

Back to top Go down

Post  sniqow Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:46 pm

Light Grenades wrote:Ill just say this when axfell was dominating before the wipe , and axfells were getting the relic everyboot we still played and got killed by axfells , now the hands have turned and being outnumbered all i see is abunch of whining
Pre wipe was more evenly matched, I wouldn't say that Axfell dominated, they were just better.

But... the ppl who played/play axfell that I grouped with use fair tactics, don't cheat, and look for fair fights, and didn't log to avoid pvp death.

Only the CERTAIN "dominant" cleavens this time around that I witnessed in my short time post wipe, would never look for a fair fight, and cheat whenever they had a chance, IE shadows, IE using shadows in PVP, not just effy killing but effy HUNTING and hardcore metagaming. Cleaven =/= generalization here.

If you spend more time looking for a challenge, you learn more & get better, if you look for the easy win all the time, you learn nothing.

Hence getting banned.

it's not a conspiracy againced anyone, people who couldn't play by the rules, and were detrimental to the fun of EVERYONE ELSE, not to mention a bad influence on players like yourself and were already banned, got banned....

sniqow

Back to top Go down

Post  Add9k Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:08 pm

in regards to players who made fighter-wm-monk builds... shouldn't be so easily offended or defensive or whatever you'd like to call it which provokes you to explain/point out how the build is somehow unique to your creative ideas... when compared to the "original" build which no doubt inspired you to create and lvl one up.

Don't worry though.. soon enough you'll not have to specify how you've modified it to be different or "better" because it'll become as common as a charger build... or a pure caster build.. no one remembers who started those last host vs this host.
------------------------------------

If i ran into a foe in krust I'd assume, unless its a low lvl group... at least 1 or 2 must be above lvl 21...

How about we all avoid causing the need for a script to be implemented.
One that only permits attacking a player while they're trying to attacking you, a faction npc, an ally, or type in a command to accept a duel...

I'm sure we can all try to decide..
'No.. I don't -NEED- that pvp kill at the moment due to it being at the expense of someone else's fun... I'll let them retreat from me then mock them later for it in character.'
AND..
'No.. I don't -NEED- to feel/act entitled to a pass on pvp just because I am lower level or want to play a pvp server expecting special exception from the roleplay of the module's setting.'

And if we can't control ourselves enough to avoid having these two attitudes... then perhaps a script to -over- regulate pvp might be a good idea... but only for the sake of putting an end once and for all to complaints about being effy killed, players avoiding pvp by logging out, uneven matches, someone pvping them (just in general..), etc.

But this is not a thread about ideas to improve the server... it's a thread for complaining about a benign or malignant abnormal growth of tissue.

Add9k

Back to top Go down

Post  SeXy_SnipER Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:00 am

The effy thing will always be an issue and yes it suck's to get effy killed but in reality you don't lose alot of exp when you die pvp wise and 80% of the time the foe will raise you up after the death just to be kind (at least I do). But either way there should not be anything implemented more than what already there for this issue. Everyone gets mad when they die but that should just add to the fire to grind out and level to kill them laters Evil or Very Mad 

I think the biggest way to bring player base back and get more players interested in the game is to add areas and crafting stuff. Bring something else to the table, make crafting harder or make it something you need 2-3 people to go do? That would make me want to find people to play with to go do these types of things.

And on the end note just remeber we are all a type of family to one another and we should treat each other like this, that being said if your gonna say something that doesn't really show meaning or just trying to "brag" about ones accomplishments or whatnot just pass on saying it Very Happy 

-SeXy

SeXy_SnipER
SeXy_SnipER

Back to top Go down

Post  Whoisthere Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:00 am

SeXy_SnipER wrote:
I think the biggest way to bring player base back and get more players interested in the game is to add areas and crafting stuff. Bring something else to the table, make crafting harder or make it something you need 2-3 people to go do? That would make me want to find people to play with to go do these types of things.
This is it, any players here from the Anphillia CNR days?? Remember the groups needed to go out and collect resources..lol.. was awsome.., again if you make most of the best items crafted it will force team work and cut down the power game looting. Also limit the way players are muti classed, they seem to be kind of power game builds.. Should have one primay and if it fits a second sub class with no more than 10 lvls. Limiting the class might require one person to seek out a good lock picker for a trip, makes a class more needed even if it can't do 300 crit damage..

On the PvP or even PvM.. You can disable the examin option on the server side, works well to keep players on toes no matter where they go and to be honest you should not have any idea how strong something is till you start the fight..!!

You can still keep the faction play just adjust what you have built, the areas are great and it is large to handle spreading out crafting resources, good way to force faction chance encounters..

If this is the direction the server takes I would be eager to stay after a wipe (Wipe would be needed), but if it will just be the same AFK soak for XP and power game looting (Makes it more of a Action PW mod) I know many other RP servers running with a large player base to pass my time..
Whoisthere
Whoisthere

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothMan Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:07 am

If we are talking about credits for inventing builds, then I was the first to make a Monk/WM/Two-handed-build that most of you know as "Rabidus-build", hehe.
At least the iteration that worked best on this MOD with all it's custom features.
He had 4 Base attacks, Superspeeds, x3 15-20 Critical Greatsword, good PvP-stats and was really only lacking in AC (which dropped even further if he was ever prone in any way).
His name was Ryujiin and this was way back. Very Happy

In fact I invented many of the popular builds, but it's kinda unfair to pat myself on the back for that, because I had a forehand knowledge of changes that were about to come and had a jump start on all players. Razz
There were only a few of us actually coming up with all these builds way back when, because making in actual unique build that worked both in PvP and PvE became progressively harder as more and more builds where visualized.
And back then PvP was very frequent then AFKing a Character to Level 40 wasn't really an option, so that's why you build had to work in both PvP and PvE.

When it comes to the Monk/WM/Two-handed-build specifically I preemptive knowledge of a series of Monk-helmets that were going to be announced by Daron and to the loot-scripts, which made this Monk/WM/Two-handed-build viable in PvP where Disc is a key Skill.
So unless you remember visiting Daron's before he sold Monks Avidity and The Flaming Zealot, then this is all before your time. Razz

The same goes for the Fighter-charger builds that everyone uses now, I was the first to make those (the first one I visualized was actually a Halfling with a Short Sword Razz), but yet again I had preemptive knowledge of not only the Charge-abilities, but the items added that huge patch (this time to Harrem).

Being the one who made all the new items and class features, I obviously had access to inside information that no one did at the time.
When I revamped whole classes, like with RDD and PDK, I had to come up with several different viable builds for those classes, to see if the revamp was a success. Some of those stuck around too, and we still see them today.
Granted, they turned out to be too powerful in PvE at the end, but that's another matter. Smile

But inventing new builds for my girlfriend to play with was something I really enjoyed doing.
And it was also a good way to see if any of the new items and features would open up for new OP-builds.
Sometimes I did, and I had to scrap whole ideas just to make sure the balance of the MOD didn't go down the drain.
And sometimes there were builds made available by new items or features that I didn't foresee but someone else visualized and created - leaving us with OP builds running around on the Server. Sad
It was always a risk of course, but it was fun times of seeing new builds pop up every week - mainly due to the new features and items coming on a weekly basis from my part.
Crazy times. Smile

Now things calmed down and all the builds are settled. I haven't seen a new unique (and viable) build in this MOD in years and I doubt I will see, since there are not really any new huge features or items showing up.
All the builds I see now are either the same as 3-4 years ago or the same with slight slight changes - so in that sense the MOD has become stagnant, for better or worse.

When it comes to me playing now however, I always preferred to play "pure" builds, as I find them to be the most challenging and fun to play.
There are so many viable builds on this MOD, that you can "almost" build anything! Razz

This might be nostalgia, but I do miss pouring over a Test Server trying to find a new unique build that works and that no one has made before.

Maybe we do need new feats, skills and high tier items on this MOD to spice things up, even with all the risks and man-hours that it brings along with it?

-TheMothMan
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Add9k Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:59 am

Only reason the fighter-wm-monk build seems to bring "-rabidus-" to mind to certain players is because he made one when Felix was host. More recent than over 3-4 years prior.
Even -Rabidus- told me once about the build's origins, still kudos to him for apparently bringing it back in style.
-Back before expertise got nerfed and J. Persinne was still playing, who was actually going to play the build.. yet decided on that old expertise mage instead.

Many players using a charger build do not instinctively feel a need to justify themselves for using one by claiming to make adjustments... like the current players seem to do so when it is pointed out they are using a fighter-wm-monk. xD

Add9k

Back to top Go down

Post  -terenee- Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:32 pm

I think it is referred to a Than or Rabidus build because if how popular it is and there is no other way to easily reference it to local players.

I have never seen anyone with a build like Ivellios was except Falikriose, it is a ranger monk Kama build, common enough and I got the idea from Axfell elite forum but added SD because of Moths additions to he class. If it were copied more or had a more common group like 'Chargers' it would likely be referred to similarly.

While my build is different than any Rabidus build I have seen yet here it is certainly very close
-terenee-
-terenee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:12 pm

TheMothMan wrote:I haven't seen a new unique (and viable) build in this MOD in years and I doubt I will see, since there are not really any new huge features or items showing up.
Is this a challenge? Razz
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothMan Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:26 pm

Felix wrote:
TheMothMan wrote:I haven't seen a new unique (and viable) build in this MOD in years and I doubt I will see, since there are not really any new huge features or items showing up.
Is this a challenge? Razz
Haha, yes!
Very Happy
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rann Cora Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:20 pm

I have thought long and hard on something new and original to build. It's not easy this late in the game. My favorite that never really worked out before the change to the stat books was a Pal/Monk zen archer with super pally buffs. But you'd want to max out 5 stats, which is really damn hard. And even then your divine shield/might doesn't last for anything unless you more evenly split wis/cha. But I digress.

I like all the discussion that what was an unfortunate topic has now brought. I feel like progress is being made, but I don't know towards what.

Also, one week til house closing! WEWT.

Rann Cora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sniqow Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:49 pm

I've been doing alot of experimenting with barb builds after the new barb changes but I wish I knew how to apply the class changes to a character builder mod. I've dreamed up a dozen or so barb multiclass builds just for shiggles. I'd play tonight but my characters are logged in at home, and I'm at camp, GTAV time... Razz 

sniqow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum