Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Not So Near Future

+6
TheeVals
Undying Knight
SeXy_SnipER
deedle
StateOfMind
Rann Cora
10 posters

Go down

What should we do?

The Not So Near Future I_vote_lcap53%The Not So Near Future I_vote_rcap 53% 
[ 8 ]
The Not So Near Future I_vote_lcap13%The Not So Near Future I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
The Not So Near Future I_vote_lcap7%The Not So Near Future I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
The Not So Near Future I_vote_lcap27%The Not So Near Future I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 15

The Not So Near Future Empty The Not So Near Future

Post  Rann Cora Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:16 pm

So, my roommate and I have been tinkering for about 2 hours, and it seems with the current setup we have it just isn't going to work.

For those who don't know, my situation is that my lease ended a few days ago (when I moved out) and I am staying with a friend temporarily while I search for a house to buy instead of rent.  My friend has a different ISP/Cable provider and is using their equipment, which is making this a hassle.  The process of buying a house for me could take a month, it could take 4, it's hard to tell, but when I DO purchase a house, I'll have the original ISP and my equipment back and I should be good to go as far as hosting is concerned.

That being said, up top I have placed a poll for what to do in the meantime.  Personally, I'm not sold on the putting in money option myself because I don't have THAT much time to play as it has been, especially if I'm working on buying a house.  Also I've already spent money on a ton of games I haven't played (thank you Steam sale...) and I have several more preordered as well as an Xbox One.  I'd absolutely be willing to host again in the future once my setup and situation allows it.  I will NOT however hand the server over to someone we as a community to not see fit to be a host.  So, take your vote.

Also if someone wants to try and rent a server or something, I'd be more than happy to send everything to you, but I will not be the one heading that up.

Rann Cora
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Not So Near Future Empty Re: The Not So Near Future

Post  StateOfMind Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:53 pm

Just saw I was the first to vote so I will explain my choice and provide the limited research I just googled over the last couple minutes to kind of help pave the path for this conversation.

I chose to pay for a dedicated server, the reason I have chose this is that it will offer stability for players as well provide us with a server that won't be down unexpectedly and one that would be large enough for us to not have any of that annoying "wind."

I would be willing to put money into paying for this, we just have to find out as a community what kind of numbers we are talking about.

I have no experience in this so others feel free to speak up on the topic if we go down this route we can find what works best for what we need. Below I have attached a link to a site that does dedicated servers, not sure what kind of RAM and bandwidth we need but the price for that is $39 a month and you can look through the list of services they also provide.
http://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/ks1.xml

Now with all of that being said we could do this as a temporary thing until Rann could find a house or we could try and keep it this way if people are willing to pay. Either way nothing said here is a knock on Rann, I think he has done an awesome job with a server that comes and goes. But real life is definitely more important than a video game and good luck in the house hunting!

StateOfMind

Back to top Go down

Post  deedle Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 am

ok i voted the same , as long as constrainer doesnt host i am fine

deedle

Back to top Go down

Post  deedle Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:19 am

i just want to play , i tried other servers ... but cant get into them , i will even play another anphillia , exodus, blackheart, assent .... on those lines , just as long if douchebag constrainer doesnt host , so darken you are not the biggest!!!

deedle

Back to top Go down

Post  SeXy_SnipER Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:34 pm

Well first off I want to say I voted along side State I agree wholeheartedly that Rann did a great job keeping the server up and I thank him for this. But I don't know what your personal problem is with Felix (Constrainer) Deedle but please keep your harsh comment to yourself Felix happens to be a good friend to many of us and did a great job keeping this server fresh and alive. I and others I'm sure would appreciate you to not bash him on a forum he created.. Thanks

Also only a couple more months(ish) to go!!

-SeXy
SeXy_SnipER
SeXy_SnipER

Back to top Go down

Post  Undying Knight Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:59 pm

Hi everyone it's Raven923 aka the good ole dwarven council member for cleaven! I had to re-create my forum name because I was either putting in the wrong password or some other odd reason, i'm not sure whom all remembers me and who doesn't, but I played a year or more ago and have been really looking forward to returning home and playing the server. Sadly I cannot because it's not up! hehe... I didn't cast a vote nor do I know much of anythin' about pay forwarded hosting, however I'd give hosting a try if we don't have anyone else.. I have done it in the past and if it meant being able to play anphillia I'd def do it!!!!! Either way I hope we can get to playing because I miss the server entirely.

Undying Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:41 pm

I recall you and the character you played.
An unty dwarf that quit playing after Rabidus's character replaced yours on council... xD

it's about time you're back. Razz

Hopefully if you become the new host you don't give your buddy Undyknight or any Untys a DM role.
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  Add9k Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:43 pm

I voted for waiting on Rann to host. Smile

I miss playing... but i'd rather wait till it's worth playing again.

Add9k

Back to top Go down

Post  Light Grenades Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:06 pm

so whats going on with the server ? does anyone have a clue ? or we just wait it out ?

Light Grenades

Back to top Go down

Post  Undying Knight Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:15 pm

TheeVals wrote:I recall you and the character you played.
An unty dwarf that quit playing after Rabidus's character replaced yours on council... xD

it's about time you're back. Razz

Hopefully if you become the new host you don't give your buddy Undyknight or any Untys a DM role.

hehe thanks for the welcoming back! it would feel even better to be back if the server was up! Smile 

im not even a friend of undying's tbh, was just apart of the same faction is all heh. and im not a part of the unty family in RL, just played one for fun really

Undying Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Rann Cora Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:15 pm

Light Grenades wrote:so whats going on with the server ? does anyone have a clue ? or we just wait it out ?

I've been posting regular updates. Please read the posts and you will know exactly what's going on with the server.

Rann Cora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SeXy_SnipER Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:03 pm

Is it sad that every day that passes by I want to play this stupid (wonderful) game even more and more Gah! #addicted <--- thought Id be cool lol

-SeXy
SeXy_SnipER
SeXy_SnipER

Back to top Go down

Post  sniqow Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:11 am

pretty sad, I googled Anphillia and started clicking random threads of forums and various links, watched the video again and came back here. Does this mean we'll move forward?

sniqow

Back to top Go down

Post  Herbaliz Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:53 pm

I'd gladly pay some if it means less lag and a stable server. Not sure about others but it has been really laggy for me with the last host, still thankful though Smile

Herbaliz

Back to top Go down

Post  Undying Knight Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:37 pm

SeXy_SnipER wrote:Is it sad that every day that passes by I want to play this stupid (wonderful) game even more and more Gah! #addicted <--- thought Id be cool lol

-SeXy

not at all, im in the same boat

Undying Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Undying Knight Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

hey again peeps, i was doing a tiny bit of web searching about some pay option hosting. it seems to be something which requires money every month to keep the server going, i noticed there were some who mentioned offering money to do so which wouldnt be a problem its just that you would need to pay it every month, and that may not be very stable to me to depend on a numerous amount of people to be each paying portions of money each month for the server.

perhaps others have found a different way but thats all im currently seeing. id be willing to give it a try and see if theres lag/etc, i have a pretty stable internet connection and my machine is decently new, however if the pay option happens I might be able to throw up a few bucks for that as well.

the cpu sits alone in my room and is only used by me.

Undying Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Light Grenades Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:46 am

this sucks im out of work till october and now the server is down for a undetermined amount of time ... i feel like cartmen waiting for the Wii *cmon cmon cmon * lol if there is going to be a pay for server please give the details to donate to

Light Grenades

Back to top Go down

Post  SeXy_SnipER Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:58 am

Yes if someone has a paypal account to pay to that would probably be the easiest way... anyone wanna head that up ? I would think that seperate post should made and people who paid should be put up there with the dollar amounts they have paid...
SeXy_SnipER
SeXy_SnipER

Back to top Go down

Post  Light Grenades Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:16 pm

or raven or someone else can host and see how it goes ...

Light Grenades

Back to top Go down

Post  StateOfMind Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:20 pm

I would not be a good candidate to maintain the server/server funds due to how much I am away from home, sometimes with no internet. My offer to donate money still stands though, or we can give Raven a shot.

StateOfMind

Back to top Go down

Post  sniqow Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:23 pm

I'd do it, but I have no history of hosting/admin an NWN server so my knowledge of NWNX2/LETO is limited and so is my time. Learning it would take time and any server I run would be touch and go. We need a qualified, trustworthy person to admin if we go the pay route.

I also have the right to discretion on who I hand my money over to. If I'm questioning the past affiliations/behavior of someone or think they would have reasons to hijack the server, or essentially cheat, I'm not buying. I will wait as long as it takes to avoid handing the future of the server and my hard earned cash to just anyone, even if I do make more money than Undying...

sniqow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down