Darken Rahl is the biggest douchebag!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Darken Rahl is the biggest douchebag!

Post  Darken Rahl on Wed May 22, 2013 2:40 pm

Okay, just to clarify:

There's a guy everytime I log in afk by a chest, and you can't get to a chest. So I actually put a campfire to his feet to move him so I can reach the chest. Everytime.
To actually engage the guy in an rp, I test my spells on him.

When I used Ray of Frost on him, it did 10 cold dmg and he was barely injured. So I did magic missile and when I returned he was fully healed. I've done the same and tried Shadow attack too and the guy fell on the ground with minus values...so I healed him with bandage (zero xp loss) and he dropped a bag with 1000 gps. Naturally I robbed him, because we are evil axfells and it's an rp thing!

But of course, there are self-righteous a**holes who love to make drama and mentioned banning and whatnot. I tried to explain myself, but how do you explain yourself to somebody like Meera who mixes rp and ooc together. Whatever.

When I asked her/him to post on forums so I could react before I go to bed, (s)he did this:

Avarice/Meera used the faction thingy"OOC Warning to ALL Axfell fortmates. The Player Darken Rahl has taken to assaulting Fellow Axfells while afk. it is unwise to go afk in pvp areas."

I would like to clarify, I'm not an afk killer. I've never killed anybody afking in the whole decade of anphillias.
Sure, wasn't coolest thing, but what the f*ck! Axfell isn't Cleaven and we are not bloody paladins or champions of torm!

You can of course argue that the authorities wouldn't like this and then sure, bring me to jail, explain it to my character that it's not cool.
Don't bloody wave with the stupid ban banner oocly in front of me and pointing out how stupid I'm to "assault a server DM player".

And while we're at it, server is not only RP, but PG-13 too, so I'd appreciated not to be called an a**hat and whatnot. Control your language please.

Just my 50 cents.

Darken Rahl

Posts : 38
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

re: Darken Rahl is the biggest douchebag!

Post  Lunatik on Wed May 22, 2013 3:22 pm

ok.. let me first say.. that at one point. yes i did say "asshat" {which by the way isn't against pg-13 in North America} however if you found that offensive.. I sincerely apologize.

Now to the actual issue... Assaulting AFK players in general and fellow fort mates in particular..
There is {IMO} no excuse to assault a fellow soldier without their express ICly/OOCly permission. and then when you kill them/"lower to below 0 hps" to rob them of their STARTING gold {yes the whopping 1000 gold is no big deal. Unless you're just starting!}

Myself and Karis attempted to RP the issue ICly.. and Darken Rahl began flaming to both of us in tells.. I forced the issue to be available to Rann by using // comments.


I won't even go into the "We're an evil army" defense.
Except to say that whether "good" or "evil".. there are Rules.
-NPC's are to be accepted as being aware of what happens in their presence..
- ICly there is a chain-of-command.. and violating rules of control {Axfell in my time here has always shown itself to be Disciplined by the ironfist of leadership.. or it would be anarchy and Cleaven would've cleaned their clocks ever time}

Personally I would prefer to have no dirty playing on either side to either side.. because then you lose players..

.... last i heard that this was a bannable action.. if it is no longer.. please let me know.. and let anarchy reign on all sides.

Have a Nice Day!


{ps.. "douchebag" does violate the pg-13 rule} lol!



avatar
Lunatik

Posts : 49
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 28
Location : Canada!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darken Rahl is the biggest douchebag!

Post  TheeVals on Wed May 22, 2013 3:40 pm

Darken Rahl wrote:Okay, just to clarify:

There's a guy everytime I log in afk by a chest, and you can't get to a chest. So I actually put a campfire to his feet to move him so I can reach the chest. Everytime.
To actually engage the guy in an rp, I test my spells on him.

It sounds like you knew he was afk before taking the opportunity to use spells on this player.

Darken Rahl wrote:When I used Ray of Frost on him, it did 10 cold dmg and he was barely injured. So I did magic missile and when I returned he was fully healed. I've done the same and tried Shadow attack too and the guy fell on the ground with minus values...so I healed him with bandage (zero xp loss) and he dropped a bag with 1000 gps. Naturally I robbed him, because we are evil axfells and it's an rp thing!

This mentality of yours seems to ignore the endgame of this module and server. It's an island with two sides at war. Not even a shifter build can pvp against more than 3-4 players.
So, your words and logic imply that you do not necessairly plan or aim towards potentially partaking in endgame pvp.

Darken Rahl wrote:But of course, there are self-righteous a**holes who love to make drama and mentioned banning and whatnot. I tried to explain myself, but how do you explain yourself to somebody like Meera who mixes rp and ooc together. Whatever.

http://anphgenesis.forumotion.com/t10-server-rules

More specificly;
Admin wrote:that is, if you're respecting your fellow players and playing the server as it's meant to played, then odds are pretty good to excellent that you'll be just fine.

Being considerate oocly towards other players is necessary to keep the server alive.
If you want to roleplay evil, rob teamates of gold. Do so with active players -leave the afk ones alone. Treat them like the overpowering NPCs in the fort. Your character wouldn't cast spells towards them would he?

Darken Rahl wrote:
When I asked her/him to post on forums so I could react before I go to bed, (s)he did this:

Avarice/Meera used the faction thingy"OOC Warning to ALL Axfell fortmates. The Player Darken Rahl has taken to assaulting Fellow Axfells while afk. it is unwise to go afk in pvp areas."

I would like to clarify, I'm not an afk killer. I've never killed anybody afking in the whole decade of anphillias.
Sure, wasn't coolest thing, but what the f*ck! Axfell isn't Cleaven and we are not bloody paladins or champions of torm!

I doubt it's open for debate whether or not players should be permitted to attack allies or steal coin from them, without concequences. In the past this server has delt with many hackers who joined in with uber gear and ran around killing afk players. Which is why interaction with afk players, in the way you have described... is "not cool". If you wish to talk in rp terms, why would axfell hire soldiers who would blatantly attack and rob allies?
I guess thats up for the host/dm's to step in the intervine to decide either.. "No, axfell would not hire this type of evil person", keep in mind being evil does not mean making enemies out of everyone around you. Or secluding yourself... evil people can have comrads/allies/"friends" too.

Besides that, yes the ooc faction message could have been kept in character.

Darken Rahl wrote:You can of course argue that the authorities wouldn't like this and then sure, bring me to jail, explain it to my character that it's not cool.
Don't bloody wave with the stupid ban banner oocly in front of me and pointing out how stupid I'm to "assault a server DM player".

And while we're at it, server is not only RP, but PG-13 too, so I'd appreciated not to be called an a**hat and whatnot. Control your language please.

Just my 50 cents.

The pvp aspect of the server is meant to be between axfell and cleaven not cleaven and cleaven or axfell and axfell.

Again, focusing strictly on the rp.
A person joins an army at war. That person attacks another member of the army they just joined. This probably counts towards the character's wisdom score and partially might also affect the int score. Yet it's majority a lack of wisdom.
However this doesn't justify the roleplay.

Ever heard of the expression; 'It's chaotic evil, not chaotic stupid" ?

-------------------------
Question remains. What enjoyment do you get out of doing things to afk players instead of active ones?
If you are an advocate for roleplay and how there is a proper way to rp evil... wouldn't you rather do those evil deeds towards an active player, so there is no "god-mode" aspect?
Meaning, if you roleplay smacking an afk player, unless you roleplay missing... your character hits garanteed -it can come off as sort of god-moding by avoiding the other player to partake in deciding the outcome.
avatar
TheeVals

Posts : 341
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Sitting infront of a Computer.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darken Rahl is the biggest douchebag!

Post  Rann Cora on Wed May 22, 2013 4:17 pm

As Admin and the only DM, I see this as having 2 faults.

1) That player should NOT be sitting AFK in front of the sharing chest in the fort. I've seen this and it irks the hell out of me. I can't stand it. AFK IN THE BARRACKS OR SOMEWHERE OUT OF THE WAY, not in the middle of everything where everyone can see you. Or in a remote corner of a cave where nothing spawns so you can get free xp from someone else killing it while you're afk. (I've seen that in the ant cave, and that also makes me very very angry.) I've debated penalizing people for going afk in ... well to be frank STUPID places, but there's too much gray area. What if you just up and had to leave to answer the door and couldn't get back? Who knows. But, MAKE AN EFFORT TO AFK SOMEWHERE OUT OF THE WAY.

2) You should NEVER, NEVER EVER attack an AFK player of your same faction. Period. Under no circumstances is this ever going to be acceptable. Yes, Meera probably overreacted to the original player just trying to get someone's attention. But attacking an AFK player is beyond the steps that anyone should be taking. Roleplay is no excuse for this, in any case. I don't care if you're in Cleaven and they AFK polymorphed as a zombie.

So, moral of the story. Attacking player gets a warning, I UNDERSTAND what they were trying to do and they didn't mean any harm by it. Attacking player will ALSO refund the Defending Player his money X3 (3000 gold) and help him get started cause he is obviously new. Defending Player will learn his or her lesson and AFK somewhere more appropriate.

Rann Cora
Admin

Posts : 270
Join date : 2011-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darken Rahl is the biggest douchebag!

Post  Darken Rahl on Wed May 22, 2013 11:52 pm

I'd like to thank the admin for his understanding.

"Attacked" guy isn't new. I've seen Bardic knowledge account before. I actually dropped 20k to his feet, I will gladly hand them over to him again.

There was no flaming, only explaining (and apparently a lot of exaggerating).

Anyway, point taken, ignore Meera like always and act like a paladin.




Darken Rahl

Posts : 38
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darken Rahl is the biggest douchebag!

Post  StateOfMind on Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:00 pm

darken wrote:"Attacked" guy isn't new. I've seen Bardic knowledge account before. I actually dropped 20k to his feet, I will gladly hand them over to him again.

^^ Never knew that I was involved in this post and finally wanted to figure out why the guy was calling himself a douche in the title, lol. Never even knew that I was getting attacked, and don't really mind. Rob would practice his spells on me all the time. If I ever get back on I will go afk in the pit for you so can do whatever. And I am no longer a DM post wipe, and have no desire to be since I barely play anyway.

As for the afk stuff I am guilty of going afk anywhere, including on maps near spawns, feel free to take xp or whatever I don't mind.

StateOfMind

Posts : 27
Join date : 2012-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darken Rahl is the biggest douchebag!

Post  Darken Rahl on Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:45 am

I am kind of past the testing phase...Successfully defended the gates on my own thanks to the practice I had on your character.
So thanks! And hope to see you around Smile

Darken Rahl

Posts : 38
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darken Rahl is the biggest douchebag!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum