Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ready to go

5 posters

Go down

Ready to go Empty Ready to go

Post  UndyingKnight Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:16 pm

NwNx is all set and ready to go guys, I just need the module itself from Felix once he is out of work and then i'll need to configure a few things so that the module itself runs with nwnx and we will be all set and ready to go, I will make sure the new IP address is posted for all to know, hope your all anxious to have a fresh start!

UndyingKnight

Back to top Go down

Ready to go Empty Re: Ready to go

Post  Tempera Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:54 pm

Cant wait!!! Gonna be fun to have The Old nwn feeling Back :d

Tempera

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:03 pm

cant wait!
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  UndyingKnight Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:19 pm

I received the module from Felix however I did have to run off to work very shortly after so I let him know the module will be up and running sometime tomorrow afternoon soon as I arrive home from work, sorry for the delay I'm sure your all excitedly waiting! Smile

I will have the IP posted the second the module is up so keep in check with the forums, thanks.

UndyingKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:22 pm

Can greater books go back up to +5 and ion stones get removed?
They were changed to try nerf shifters but they just made shifters even better compared to everything else and it's stupid.

-Also removes snow! The server quest for it's purpose hasn't been active in a long time.
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  UndyingKnight Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:19 am

I agree with the snow needing to be removed, however i'm going to go ahead and host up the module how it was sent, i'm currently waiting for Felix to get back to see if he still has the areas without the snowy tileset rather then having to mark ALL PLCS and copy them to a new area of the same dimensions but with the rural tileset and try to place the PLCs correctly again/building the area in the rural tileset from scratch..

UndyingKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothMan Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:48 am

UndyingKnight wrote:I agree with the snow needing to be removed, however i'm going to go ahead and host up the module how it was sent, i'm currently waiting for Felix to get back to see if he still has the areas without the snowy tileset rather then having to mark ALL PLCS and copy them to a new area of the same dimensions but with the rural tileset and try to place the PLCs correctly again/building the area in the rural tileset from scratch..

Never import stuff unless you know exactly what everything does.
It will just end badly.

Copying all placeables, triggers, waypoints and characters into a new Rural Grass area will work.
But it will require some work, like remapping all area transitions for example.
But it will work.
Just don't forget to delete the old area before you save the new area, or the toolset will crash.

Speaking of the toolset crashing; there is an easier way.
And safer.
But it requires some know-how.
This is something I discoverd by accident and made the change to winter so much easier:
You bascially crash the toolset after you load the Module (end the process in the Task Manager) and edit the ARE file (like axfell.are) in the temp-folder within the Module-folder with a 2da-editor or something similiar.
There you can change the area from Winter Rural to just plain Rural.
Then you restart the toolset, ask it to recover the last module not saved and save it once recovered.
Now your Winter Rural will be just Rural.
Then all that's left to do is to change the winter-themed placeables into summer/spring/autuum themed placeables - according to what you like.

But some areas you will have to rebuild, like the new Fire Beetle area in Axfell. I don't recall the name of it but I think it's made in an area that has no grassy counterpart, so to speak.
But that's no big deal, it's just a simple area with a few triggers and a transit.

Futhermore, you will need to change the backgrounds in all Windows in all Fort Area houses, as they display snow.
After that it's just removing the snowing-effects from the former-Winter Areas and some adjacent areas.

Spine of Seeska were always winter areas, as they are suppose to represent mountain tops - so I guess you can keep them as they are.

Good luck!

-TheMothMan

P.S Don't make Greater Books grant +5. They were nerfed for several reasons and are part of the balance of the MOD as it is now.
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  UndyingKnight Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:23 am

Thank you very much moth.

UndyingKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:50 pm

TheMothMan wrote:
UndyingKnight wrote:I agree with the snow needing to be removed, however i'm going to go ahead and host up the module how it was sent, i'm currently waiting for Felix to get back to see if he still has the areas without the snowy tileset rather then having to mark ALL PLCS and copy them to a new area of the same dimensions but with the rural tileset and try to place the PLCs correctly again/building the area in the rural tileset from scratch..

Never import stuff unless you know exactly what everything does.
It will just end badly.

Copying all placeables, triggers, waypoints and characters into a new Rural Grass area will work.
But it will require some work, like remapping all area transitions for example.
But it will work.
Just don't forget to delete the old area before you save the new area, or the toolset will crash.

Speaking of the toolset crashing; there is an easier way.
And safer.
But it requires some know-how.
This is something I discoverd by accident and made the change to winter so much easier:
You bascially crash the toolset after you load the Module (end the process in the Task Manager) and edit the ARE file (like axfell.are) in the temp-folder within the Module-folder with a 2da-editor or something similiar.
There you can change the area from Winter Rural to just plain Rural.
Then you restart the toolset, ask it to recover the last module not saved and save it once recovered.
Now your Winter Rural will be just Rural.
Then all that's left to do is to change the winter-themed placeables into summer/spring/autuum themed placeables - according to what you like.

But some areas you will have to rebuild, like the new Fire Beetle area in Axfell. I don't recall the name of it but I think it's made in an area that has no grassy counterpart, so to speak.
But that's no big deal, it's just a simple area with a few triggers and a transit.

Futhermore, you will need to change the backgrounds in all Windows in all Fort Area houses, as they display snow.
After that it's just removing the snowing-effects from the former-Winter Areas and some adjacent areas.

Spine of Seeska were always winter areas, as they are suppose to represent mountain tops - so I guess you can keep them as they are.

Good luck!

-TheMothMan

P.S Don't make Greater Books grant +5. They were nerfed for several reasons and are part of the balance of the MOD as it is now.

That being said, we have alot of work to do Knight.
DeathWarding
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum