Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stat Books

5 posters

Go down

Stat Books Empty Stat Books

Post  -Rabidus- Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:44 am

The stat books used to be +5 but are now +2 would it be considered a bad request to ask for our old, much loved +5 books back? Very Happy

-Rab

-Rabidus-

Back to top Go down

Stat Books Empty Re: Stat Books

Post  Felix Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:45 pm

Yea I miss them too but I think the +2 is more balanced. It makes getting all your stats maxed a bit harder and makes Barbarian rages more worth something. Also I have noticed that this gives casters more of an important choice. Should they use rings to gain spell slots or use stat boosting rings to max their stats. Where as before you would always want to use your ring slots for more spells because maxing a stat was wasn't as hard with the extra +3. Whats everyone else think?
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  -Rabidus- Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:02 pm

I think it's abit harsh on monks personaly, but i have monk levels so it's not really fair for me to say i guess, but sure it makes it harder for mages to spell slot, but it kinda makes it ahrder to save dump aswell, but then again im not sure if the latter is a god or a bad thing, i guess more peoples thoughts are really needed.

-Rab

-Rabidus-

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombat Karl Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:05 pm

+5 is -a lot-. I think +2 undispellable is very fair. Thing is if one char has -every- book and a few items they can +12 every stat easily. Also with monks, they have a lot to be gained by maxing their wis, dex, str, con, even more so than other builds, mainly because of the wis ac bonus. I think giving +5 would make it just too crazy for balancing vs other classes. I think +2 is the best balance for making everyone effective, requires you to work more as a team rather than a 1 man wrecking crew.
Kombat Karl
Kombat Karl

Back to top Go down

Post  SnarleysAngel Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:36 pm

Heh it was a shocker for me when after playing for 2 months I realised "oh damn, those are just +2!"

I'm for keeping them +2 really though. It definitely made things a lot tighter gear wise but the good thing about that in my eyes is that it encourages more team play.

SnarleysAngel

Back to top Go down

Post  J. Persinne Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:38 pm

+2 isn't a big deal to me. I can live with it. But...

It doesn't affect casters much. Wizards need to boost CON, and that's about it. Sorcerers need to boost CON and CHA. Pure wizards also need to boost INT, of course.

They've plenty of item slots. With the +5 stat books, I had more than I knew what to do with. And I still do.

It seems to me to affect DEX-based monks the most. STR-based ones don't need much more than STR and CON, but the others do need the DEX and WIS too, to maintain AB and AC.

But I suppose rogues are used to getting the short end of the stick by now.

ETA: I'd be cool with +3. No particular reason. I just like that number a little better than +2.

J. Persinne

Back to top Go down

Post  SnarleysAngel Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:41 pm

It makes it beneficial to be in groups with people who can bump those attributes and keeps people from being self-sufficient though

SnarleysAngel

Back to top Go down

Post  -Rabidus- Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:45 pm

To be honest sometimes you have to be self-sufficient, with the servers nature and afkers you can't always be in a party with someone who can cast a maximised stat buff (I'm not arguing for the books im just saying it's kinda harsh to say "you have to rely on groups!")

Also i agree with Kumo Dex based are what get it bad, Than has no real need for wisdom since he's a paper cannon anyway.

-Rabidus-

Back to top Go down

Post  J. Persinne Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:49 pm

SnarleysAngel wrote:It makes it beneficial to be in groups with people who can bump those attributes and keeps people from being self-sufficient though
Which characters does it actually affect all that much aside from DEX-based monks?

I'm not necessarily against lower book buffs. Obviously, there comes a point where too much is too much (I'd definitely be against +12 from those books!), but I'm struggling to see which builds are all that noticeably affected, aside from the ones that are kind of mediocre already.

ETA: I overlooked one: shifters. But they're bloody awful in the public release, IMO.

J. Persinne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum