[ 6 ]
53% 53% 
[ 9 ]
12% 12% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 17

Scalping Bodies

Post  DM Loralyn on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:09 am

Have another poll for you guys since participation in the other one was so good. Should we bring scalping back into Anphillia? Here are my thoughts on it. It would help offer advantages to the defending factions and disadvantages to assaulting ones. Said players go out there gate and kill off two enemy players while the rest fall back and regroup, while they are gone the two enemy players get scalped and return back to their fort. Mean while if a defending player gets stuck out there and scalped they return to their fort which is close and they could return to pvp for a smaller xp loss. (would say scalp loss is either pvp loss or half of it). What are your thoughts?

DM Loralyn
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalping Bodies

Post  TheMothMan on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:21 am

So to clarify, with Scalping you mean an action that can be performed on an enemy corpse that forcibly respawns them to Nadine's/Mary's at the cost of XP.

If so, this was one of the first features I removed when I started modifying Anphillia.
It's a silly feature that only causes greif.

-TheMothMan
TheMothMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  UndyingKnight on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:39 am

I like this, but at the same time I do agree with Moth in ways that it can cause alot of grief, however if it can be prevented somehow then I think it would be cool to have back/add to the assaults/defenses...This could also help whichever faction is low in numbers at said time because those defending would be able to scalp the corpses, gaining two positive things from it, 1. Something you could use for RP/etc 2. It /could/ help out the side that is less in numbers, say 6 cleavens come to assault 3 axfells or the other way around, these axfells/cleavens could look forward to being able to /possibly/ scalp the enemy corpse, thus removing them from battle for the time being, and could in turn cause those assaulting to fall back and even lead to the enemies completely retreating and fight being over.... this COULD be a bad example, but I tried..... Also, would have to make sure monks weren't allowed to abuse their speed and just run from corpse to corpse stealing them away to scalp... The corpse still shouldnt be able to be touched, the person scalping should have to scalp the corpse wherever it lays...

UndyingKnight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:56 am

Yes I remember the benefits that scalping had to the ones that fancied pvp, I ALSO remember how many problems occurred due to having the scalp feature. But while this topic is going, id like to personally say that i think there should perhaps be a little more incentive for killing via pvp. Perhaps just a simple extra EXP bonus for the kill, then void out any problem brought on by scalping. I did miss the old days when it came to having a choice to (obviously scalp) OR just be evil and burn the corpse, but all in all i remember the problems from having the scalp feature enabled with "spawning" especially. But there is far to many issues at hand to re-enable the feature, especially coming from a player who always had deep interest in pvp.

Ty for your guys time and support, I wanna thank administration for taking the time to ask us our opinion.
DeathWarding

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathWarding on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:57 am

UndyingKnight wrote:I like this, but at the same time I do agree with Moth in ways that it can cause alot of grief, however if it can be prevented somehow then I think it would be cool to have back/add to the assaults/defenses...This could also help whichever faction is low in numbers at said time because those defending would be able to scalp the corpses, gaining two positive things from it, 1. Something you could use for RP/etc 2. It /could/ help out the side that is less in numbers, say 6 cleavens come to assault 3 axfells or the other way around, these axfells/cleavens could look forward to being able to /possibly/ scalp the enemy corpse, thus removing them from battle for the time being, and could in turn cause those assaulting to fall back and even lead to the enemies completely retreating and fight being over.... this COULD be a bad example, but I tried..... Also, would have to make sure monks weren't allowed to abuse their speed and just run from corpse to corpse stealing them away to scalp... The corpse still shouldnt be able to be touched, the person scalping should have to scalp the corpse wherever it lays...

Yes in the past prevenative measures were established, like the time locked corpse and other rules initiated.
DeathWarding

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:57 am

It is ridiculous for RP. Good aligned characters would never, ever mutilate a humanoid corpse. Ergo, this would be an Axfell feature only - or just OOC'ly used.

I'm with Moth 100% on this one. Scalping was the most grief inducing feature I've ever seen on any server.
Professor Plum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  UndyingKnight on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:10 am

Professor Plum wrote:It is ridiculous for RP. Good aligned characters would never, ever mutilate a humanoid corpse. Ergo, this would be an Axfell feature only - or just OOC'ly used.

I'm with Moth 100% on this one. Scalping was the most grief inducing feature I've ever seen on any server.

HAVE to comment on this one since it was basically a stab at my post..xD Scalping was always available/popular on the very very very extremely successful first Anphillia server created back in the beginning days of NwN, it worked great and there were ALWAYS staff on to ensure it wasn't abused/etc.. and cleavens surely did it and used it in RP, so yeah..........

UndyingKnight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:55 pm

Good aligned characters would never, ever mutilate a humanoid corpse.
Professor Plum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dae_Blazin on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:22 pm

I think it's pointless and should be left out.
It's more sense to add neutral characters back before scalping. Willow should be CN but there's no option, so I just put her in Cleaven with CG and play her as CN anyways.
Dae_Blazin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SeXy_SnipER on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:11 pm

Instead of making Scalping take Exp away from the one being scalped make it they re spawn at the barracks with a 5 minute spell/AB fail so they can't just return to battle right that second and make no exp loss for being scalped and then you don't have to worry about grievers and you can add that lil extra for the scalper by giving exp for getting a scalp. Also don't think being Stealth while scalping should be allowed just a opinion, would also be cool if you made taking a scalp like a 5 round action or something kinda like open lock is. And you cant say Cleavens would never scalp because they are "that good" because if that was the case then why do they fight in the first place or use Necromancy spells or anything like that I think that is just taking it to far.
SeXy_SnipER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:29 pm

Not all necromancy is evil.

Neither is fighting.

Any PC scalping, will be shifted way towards evil. It's an evil act.

If we, hypothetically, added scalping and made it prevent people from fighting for 5 minutes - how will that help matters?

It will mean those outnumbered, will have less of a chance. It accentuates any imbalance between sides. You are, of course, more likely to be scalped if there are more opponents than you.

It will also mean, those with multiple characters will log - just to continue to play. Which makes it pointless and is also unfair to those who would rather stick with one.

It is also a completely OOC mechanic. Scalping something does not cause it to disappear and reappear alive at the barracks of the fort that they're fighting for.

I am also utterly against anything that imposes restrictions on people being able to join in - especially ones which are circumstantial, come off of the back of already losing (dying) and being at the whim of players.

It will do nothing but spread ill feeling - for no gain whatsoever.

If you want to scalp someone, RP it.
Professor Plum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:32 pm

It's more sense to add neutral characters back before scalping. Willow should be CN but there's no option, so I just put her in Cleaven with CG and play her as CN anyways.

I've no problem with this. So long as you're not roleplaying an alignment restricted class! (E.G. No CN paladins!)

Neutral is an overpowered alignment Smile, it's a balance thing that neutral characters are not allowed.
Professor Plum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:19 pm

I voted no because...

I still have nightmares of a time being stuck in fugue plane after losing both death xp and scalping/respawn xp (without respawning), with no DM on.
So in total either two xp losses and no more game play or three xp losses with game play.

All this just because a player scalped corpses while players who just died were loading the area. -There was even a rule to wait until pvp was done.

On this server some players would no doubt be in a rush to scalp during pvp -don't tell me they won't because logically it would make sense for at least 1 (if not more) to feel the fustration of missing out on a scalp due to players using the orb too quickly.
TheeVals

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top