Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on a Server Wipe

+19
TheeVals
Skyelves
Dae_Blazin
JacktheStripper
Professor Plum
-Rabidus-
TheMothMan
Arataki
Skaldic
Spaz_15
Wordack
lkeithm
Artemis
SinsofStrategies
UndyingKnight
StateOfMind
Rann Cora
SeXy_SnipER
DM Loralyn
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What are your thoughts on a server wipe?

Thoughts on a Server Wipe I_vote_lcap28%Thoughts on a Server Wipe I_vote_rcap 28% 
[ 12 ]
Thoughts on a Server Wipe I_vote_lcap35%Thoughts on a Server Wipe I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 15 ]
Thoughts on a Server Wipe I_vote_lcap23%Thoughts on a Server Wipe I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 10 ]
Thoughts on a Server Wipe I_vote_lcap9%Thoughts on a Server Wipe I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
Thoughts on a Server Wipe I_vote_lcap5%Thoughts on a Server Wipe I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 43

Thoughts on a Server Wipe Empty Thoughts on a Server Wipe

Post  DM Loralyn Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:21 pm

It is the opinion of most of Axfell including myself that the server has become quite unbalanced. We were talking about ways to fix it and one of the topics that came up was a server wipe. How does everyone feel about it? I have seen more and more people leaving Axfell because Cleaven is becoming stronger and stronger and people are spending all day to earn XP they just lose when the Cleaven hordes come tromping across the island. No flaming other in the topic, just respectfully leave your opinion and have a nice day. I will be the first Pro server wipe vote. Smile

Last edited by DM Loralyn on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

DM Loralyn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on a Server Wipe Empty Re: Thoughts on a Server Wipe

Post  SeXy_SnipER Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:26 pm

I also choose Pro-Wipe. I think it would be nice with all the updates and new things coming in time that now would be the best time for a server wipe. Yes it will suck to lose all our hard work but we all know we are addicted to this game and were not going to leave. It would also help in making true leadership in both forts from scratch.

-Sexy
SeXy_SnipER
SeXy_SnipER

Back to top Go down

Post  Rann Cora Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:44 pm

I'm not going to lie, I am not building another character up to 40. Not that it takes that long, but I just have very little interest in doing it actively again. I might AFK someone to 40 though. I'll go back on hiatus with a wipe, especially with such a great lineup of console games and Starcraft 2 coming out this month. (Already got Tomb Raider and it is FANTASTIC.) I also don't see losing one battle as an imbalance, but that's just me. Cleaven has been outnumbered plenty of times in the past, it happens. If I'm not mistaken, over the past few days Axefell has successfully assaulted at least twice, granted it was with little or no resistance. I do however, think people should be restricted to one side. I really really HATE when I know a person has characters on both sides, and I see one day they PvP with Cleaven the next with Axefell or vice versa. Now, there ARE exceptions to that rule, such as if you play the under-manned side, and you stay there for awhile instead of switching back and forth over and over. I will NOT make an Axefell as long as I am actively playing Cleaven. And if I -did- make an Axefell, I would wrap up the story of my Cleaven character(s) before doing so.

Rann Cora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  StateOfMind Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:59 pm

Rann great post and way to keep it at a professional level. You are right Axfell has gotten the relic twice in the past couple days as you said. However also as you stated it was with little resistance. I brought this post up not based off of a battle but off of player statistics over the past few months, like right now there are 18 Cleavens on compared to 8 Axfells. Looking at it another way is right now Cleaven has 500 levels worth of chars on compared to the 191 levels that Axfell has on. Ideally you would want the level counts fairly similar and not so much the player counts when looking at it at random times. With all that being said a wipe is not the only thing that could help with this problem, there are other options out there as well and if you guys want to share them this would also be a good post for that. Thanks for the votes guys, keep them coming as well as your opinions.

StateOfMind

Back to top Go down

Post  UndyingKnight Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:08 pm

Honestly Rann couldn't have said it any better, I would leave as well if there was a server wipe... Just because axfell is low in numbers doesn't make it right to even have an idea to WIPE the entire server....It was just like five-six months ago or less when I started back up playing again that AXFELL was the power side..... Its easy enough to get to 40 the way it is and things are just going to get back to the exact same way, if you want balance then take away the portals from a dream to axfell/cleaven if one side gets to full!.....But a server wipe??? C'mon man..... XD

UndyingKnight

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on a Server Wipe Empty wipe

Post  SinsofStrategies Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:32 pm

Not sure how you would justify a wipe if everyone just went back to there respective sides ..hence unbalance yet again...how bout asking the list of players whom you feel would benefit from a change of sides..I too hate the fact that SOME peepl have characters on both sides and don't honour that side whole heartedly..with that said how bout starting over and at least everyone after picking sides get at least 1 lvl 40 chrtr...but your right alot of us are addicted to this.
SinsofStrategies
SinsofStrategies

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on a Server Wipe Empty No Wipe Please

Post  Artemis Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:12 pm

I believe Rann has made a solid argument. I would also like to add that I'm not an everyday player, and generally will only commit to one or two days over my weekend and sometimes during my evenings. I have really enjoyed getting back into this game after a long hiatus. That hiatus was due to things like server wipes and general complaining that one side was stronger. It took me a while to level my character to 40th here, and I love taking her out and going to nasty places (condors being an excellent test). I understand the issue of balance, although this can be remedied. A solution would be to end PVP in all areas except for an arena environment. I have seen this in a previous server and really liked the idea. It allowed people to meet in a neutral battleground (say one particular screen or one place in Ranz) and test their characters against one another with other players watching. It was actually a nice way to settle disputes (RP disputes of course), and gave a rather fun environment for player characters who were observing to RP with each other. Often more arena battles would take place due to the RP. I realize not everyone will ever be happy with any solution, but I don't feel a server wipe is the answer. Many of us have worked very hard on the characters we have, not only to level, but to obtain decent items. I'd like to keep playing this server, but a wipe is a drastic way to try to "even things out". Thanks for your time.
Artemis
Artemis

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on a Server Wipe Empty No Wipe

Post  lkeithm Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:22 pm

This is why people I left the game for a year was due to wipes, I for one do not want a wipe i have spent too much time leveling these characters! This will not solve the problem, three months ago it was all axefell and only a few cleavens on at a time. There are not that many players left to lose 30% of the server over this. A different idea would to not have it be a pvp server and have an arena area for team or individual combat. That way we could all work together and explore new area's that should be created more often in my opinion.

lkeithm

Back to top Go down

Post  UndyingKnight Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:35 pm

just an addendum to mine, i just don't have as much time to play as steady as I used to which is why a server wipe would lead to me quitting completely, the four high level characters I have took me ALOT of time and hard work to do, not to mention all the crafting levels/loot items etc between all of them, and im sure others feel the same way as well.....theres certainly other ways to deal with balance such as not letting players who have cleavens also have axfells/players with axfells not having cleavens..aswell as removing a portal from a dream depending on which side has more power/players at said time/etc.......on another note though, we should surely keep everything the same as far as PVP goes, theres nooo problems there. Smile) ^^^

UndyingKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  Wordack Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:12 am

We attacked the other day and killed about 9 cleavens i call that resistance. I vote no wipe as I cant be bothered anyhow i would only make another axfell The hate for cleaven is to inbuilt ;p

Wordack

Back to top Go down

Post  Wordack Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:11 am

Put a option up for 2 cleaven pc's to swap to axfell must have there server vault wiped get a free level 40 axfell? Wink

Wordack

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on a Server Wipe Empty The Wipe

Post  Spaz_15 Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:40 am

It seems that the time has come that the Unty's finally learned how to pvp. Now it is unbalanced for the first time ever in the camp of Unty's and now the other side wants to wipe. For 12 years now my family and myself have gotten beaten to a tar by you people now that we finally get good this is your revenge. I will ask you once again not to wipe. We finally have characters we are proud of that can match the might axfell pvp'rs. I never come on these things because I always tell it the way it is, and I get in trouble. Whatever I ask for these DM's give us the opposite. I will ask for no wipe and then the dm's will wipe just to make me feel bad. I'm soooo tired of redoing the crafting, George has to redo everytime you do this. I beg you just tell axfell to build better characters it was told to us this way for the last 12 years, we adjusted so can they. Thanks for your time, yours truely George William Unty.

Spaz_15

Back to top Go down

Post  Skaldic Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:16 am

I'm done if there's a wipe.

More importantly - Untys are useful nowadays? Twisted Evil

Skaldic

Back to top Go down

Post  Arataki Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:21 am

A wipe will only work if this was a server where you level slowly, you have to help eachother to get gear as in the old anphillia.

Here, after a wipe, those who have more time to play will see they get their character as high as possible so they have the gear and level to assult while others who can't, stay behind.

It will be even more unbalanced then those who don't play that much cannot take their high level character.

This server has now a good amount of players these days, so pvp is fun even if you get busted once and while Wink , lets keep it that way.

Arataki
Arataki

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothMan Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:30 am

From a builders perspective I'd love a wipe.
Especially a planned one, it opens up so many possibilities - Like a total revamp of a whole class, for instance.

As a sporadic player, I'd hate one.

Also, I am confident a wipe would not solve the Axfell/Cleaven balance.
That's just not how it works.

Everyone has worked hard on getting where they are now and a wipe should never ever be considered unless a vast majority wants it.
Which doesn't seem to be the case so far.

But we are going to need everyone to vote nonetheless, one player just can't vouch for a whole group of players.

I don't see a wipe happening, from where I'm sitting, and especially not with the motivation that the sides are unbalanced ATM.
Anyone who has been around a long time knows that goes up and down.

-TheMothMan

TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  -Rabidus- Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:39 am

Okay my thoughts on this, a wipe more then likely will not sort out any issues, people generally like to play with friends, so they stick together right? Myself and Rann are good friends, myself and Myra are good friends, myself and Ae are friends, myself and CJ are family.. Me and J are good friends (J isn't around anymore but still.. if he was ever to come back....) so that there is Five (Six) players that will most likely play the same side, with or without a wipe (i'm not saying we are the cause of the imbalance i'm just using this as an example). Also the Unty's play together, they have their (not so little) Clan that they all hang out with.

The only way i would ever accept a wipe is if we got hold of the Exodus mod and changed to that, i think it was well polished, had less lag and had a lot of work making it look prettier (Don't flame me it's just my feelings and opinion)

So with that being said and the majority of the server probably going to say "No fuck that stick with this module" i am against a wipe, people who were here at the start will suffer more, all the RP getting bulldozed (pretty sure I've had Than around 2+ years IRL now and that's a lot of time to loose), and yes you could argue "just make that character again?" but then if everyone has that idea, we'll just be in the same boat as we are now.

I usually just hang back from commenting on most things, i read through the forums and keep up to date with the arguments / suggestions but i never really comment, but this is my views on things.

-Rab

-Rabidus-

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Loralyn Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:00 am

This is not something that would happen without the support of the server. There was a similar PvP thread that was started in January and ended up getting no where, this one was made to make people actually come up with solutions since we knew no one would really want a wipe. Keep them coming.

DM Loralyn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:59 am

TheMothMan wrote:From a builders perspective I'd love a wipe.
Especially a planned one, it opens up so many possibilities - Like a total revamp of a whole class, for instance.

As a sporadic player, I'd hate one.

Also, I am confident a wipe would not solve the Axfell/Cleaven balance.
That's just not how it works.

Everyone has worked hard on getting where they are now and a wipe should never ever be considered unless a vast majority wants it.
Which doesn't seem to be the case so far.

But we are going to need everyone to vote nonetheless, one player just can't vouch for a whole group of players.

I don't see a wipe happening, from where I'm sitting, and especially not with the motivation that the sides are unbalanced ATM.
Anyone who has been around a long time knows that goes up and down.

-TheMothMan

+1

I'd only ever vote for a wipe if we introduced a crazy slew of changes. Making the module considerably different from how it is at present.
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  JacktheStripper Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:15 am

There have been some great points made pro and con. Like a few have said, I am not normally one to post on any forum, but I felt that this thread raised an important issue. I have been playing NWN since 1998 and the first server I ever played was Anphillia. It will always be the choice I make for my gaming fix. I love the experience level of the players here, the Unty's have been on every Anphillia that I have ever played. I will admit that I voted for the wipe but would love to come to a decision that could avert it. I don't have the time to play all day every day and therefore would love to enjoy the time I do set aside to play.

I have never liked power gaming PVP sites and it seems that our server is becoming just that. I hate trying to progress a new character then having to run for my life because a high level wants to slaughter a lowbie! No RP, no you better run back to your fort, just hack and slash, you're dead! This not just a one sided issue, I'm sure it is happening on both sides.Because we all have so much invested, tempers flare.

Let's find some common ground to make the server a more enjoyable environment. One of the most enjoyable times I had on the server was a joint party with Cleavens and Axfell adventuring together while rping and crap talking the whole time!
JacktheStripper
JacktheStripper

Back to top Go down

Post  Dae_Blazin Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:19 pm

I'm just going to make this one short.
If there is a wipe, i will come back and just simply remake Willow, but probly leave less as there isn't much of a point to acheve anything if it's going to be flushed.
My oppinion,

Server wipe = people quiting/remaking the same charcer + poor moral

*throws 2 copper on the table*
Dae_Blazin
Dae_Blazin

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on a Server Wipe Empty The reason I dont come on

Post  Spaz_15 Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:59 pm

Skaldic and his mean comment is why I dont come on here and place opinions, its obvious the Unty family has gotten better with PVP or there would be no complaint, You dont have to say mean shit Skaldic this is the stuff that pisses me off, and why i get in trouble.

Spaz_15

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on a Server Wipe Empty Not again!

Post  Skyelves Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:17 pm

I have voted against having a server wipe, personally the thought of another wipe just makes me Rolling Eyes
I have been playing this game for many years and many times it has been unbalanced, but we've kept on playing and eventually it all evens out in the end. I do agree that players should have to play one side or the other and not have characters on both sides, just my humble opinion. tongue

If there is a wipe, then I won't be returning this time.

Skyelves

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Looking at the pool... better to lose 3 players than lose 10.

I'm soooo pro.. I'm the single 'Don't really care" vote.
Only reason I selected it because at the moment, not having played since thursday night (march 7th) and between having to do a list of the followig; Redo ATS, Reorganize inventory, re-learn module game mechanics and all the updates/changes... I'm sorta wanting to procrastinate.

When people make new characters they are sort of already to some extent moving on past their original character's roleplay to creat new/more different roleplay. Only difference between that an a wipe is the original character's roleplay can always be resumed and it won't be a weird awkward player making stuff up when they roleplay having a reputation in the current war, a place in the history books that aren't techniquely being written but still unofficially exist.

This server's in game lore of the island. It's a nifty concept I like to think about... (just think of the updates in game and try to more or less translate them ic... for example.. island once was green/warm.. and now it's winterish so in game a character thats been around that long has a sense of history with the island.)
-Bonus to having a wipe though is the whole idea/chance of "Who is going to be the player to get this 'round's' first kill?" and personally I'd love to see who the first player/character would be to kill a lower lvl... and make sure it's universally known in character around the island... for all the times afterwards.. it won't be called or known as.. killing recruits.. it can be instead of refered to "pulling off a <name of character here> tactic" or something like that. xD

P.S. wipe or not, please consider removing the snow?
(Don't make me have to have Myra walk around in warm weather cloths, ignoring the fact that island suffers cold weather, like some other characters do.)
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  unknown_user Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:10 pm

P.S. wipe or not, please consider removing the snow?
(Don't make me have to have Myra walk around in warm weather cloths, ignoring the fact that island suffers cold weather, like some other characters do.)

Anphillia - Desert Island Edition? Deserts can be hot and frozen Twisted Evil

unknown_user

Back to top Go down

Post  Dae_Blazin Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:09 pm

TheeVals wrote:P.S. wipe or not, please consider removing the snow?
Hey now! Willow complanes about the cold all the time! Though, for a differant reason, but still! I know I've had my skimpy character, but there was RP reasons why she wore as little as possible. Unless I wanted to be evil and worship Lolth I only had 1 god to follow. I wouldn't mind it so much if protection from elements or something -visual- was going. Visual, visual, visual, seen, don't care that you have a ring if you can't see ring effects.

But I agree, I never liked how much it rained and complained before (calling the city rains-a-ton city). But changing from rain to snow was not what I wanted to happen. If it's a happy christmas thing I can see it for a day or two, but I hate snow... it's sort of a reminder when I log in that it's crappy and I can't go outside.

How about tropical or even non-monsune summer Anphilia?
Dae_Blazin
Dae_Blazin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next