Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spells/Abilities you never use.

+7
Skaldic
unknown_user
Rann Cora
Wordack
Professor Plum
-terenee-
TheMothMan
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Spells/Abilities you never use. - Page 2 Empty Re: Spells/Abilities you never use.

Post  TheMothMan Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:56 am

Perfect Health activation could heal more than 2 hp per Level.

-TheMothMan
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Spells/Abilities you never use. - Page 2 Empty Re: Spells/Abilities you never use.

Post  Felix Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:07 am

For sure perfect health isn't worth it imo.
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothMan Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:28 am

http://www.setbb.com/mothsanphillia/viewtopic.php?t=1458&mforum=mothsanphillia

This change in prereq is still in, so its easier to obtain on this MOD.
But yeah, not worth it really.

-TheMothMan
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothMan Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:21 pm

As someone mentioned, Polymorph spells are not very effective, mostly due to the fact that you lose so many prepared Spells.

But maybe we could make it so PC's retain their current value of WIS, INT or CHA when they Polymorph and as such keep most of their prepared spells - aside from the ones granted by Bonus Spell Slots.

-TheMothMan
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Radaghast123 Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:41 pm

I don't know if this is true for the bonus spells from being a pure class, but it does apply when wearing an item with bonus spells. But due to the constant re-polymorph thing that happens, any spell level that has a bonus spell gets depleted over time. So if you spend much time shapeshifted you prettymuch lose them all. And I think this only happens to bards and sorcerors.

Radaghast123

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:14 am

Yeh, that'll happen due to not having to prep spells.

Guess that's one of the downsides of infinite maxed firebrand! Wink
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothMan Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:18 am

Rann Cora wrote:Just found out that Hail of Arrows now seems to require Line of Sight, so add that to abilities I'll never use (again).

Are you sure?
It shouldn't, it doesn't even use GetFirstObjectInShape(), it uses GetNearestCreature() - which isn't really used for offensive Spells or Abilities.
It's limited to hostile Creatures in the same area, their range from the Caster and the number of arrows shot (targets for the spell).
LoS shouldn't be a factor.

-TheMothMan
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothMan Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:35 am

Steley wrote:Storm of Vengeance - This may be too situational still... I thought it was still a once off cast, but turns out it is back to being an aoe damage over time spell, with no stun but positive damage?

I don't remember changing this spell. I can see that it's my code, but its possible it was copy&pasted from another similar spell and the damage types changed and whatnot.

Not sure why I (or anyone else) did this change.
As I recall SoV was a good and reliable spell for Druids and Clerics.
Clerics already have a lvl 9 Persistant AoE spell in Bindings of Blood.

Anyways, Persistant AoE spells are very situational due to them hurting allies.
I'd like to see this spell being reverted aswell.

-TheMothMan
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothMan Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:52 am

Skaldic wrote:Smite good isn't good enough? Shocked Not sure Blackguards would agree with you.

Dismissal and Banishment - Think I have never seen anybody use it. Ever.

Continual Flame - Does it even work? Smile

Glyph of Warding - Since there's an access to Wounding Whispers, which is a better spell and they both cause sonic dmg...

Inflict wounds - Maybe it should give On Hit properties to a weapon, since it's completely useless.

Spell resistance breachable only!

Doron's Mistake - I would love having this spell made "epic" so it could be cast in shape...I'd create my own dragon army! Smile

Also this might be a really stupid idea, but as Steley mentioned, you can get lots of spells from items -> no need to prepare those spells for casting. Maybe removing spells from items would be good.
I remember when they revived old Anphillia (Anphillia Revival) and I was shocked that people playing clerics were taking Trickery Domain only to have an access to improved invisibility Smile
Perhaps cast spell should be made better than the same spell used from an item.

Open Lock - Add one more gate to the Forts' areas which would have DC 100 lock and enemy faction could actually get in.

Quicken spell - it's completely useless since it doesn't stack with Haste and everybody is always hasted.

Silent spell- is good only for extra mass heals (which was rendered by Last Words) or extra Undeath to Death/Destruction/Harm/Heal.

Domains:

Air
The Cleric gains a permanent 15% Immunity to Electrical damage.

Earth
Greater Stoneskin: Grants 30/+6 Damage Reduction equal to 22 points per level up to 225.
- Greater Stoneskin doesn"t work...Kinda makes us who made Earth Domain clerics disappointed.

Evil
The Cleric gains a permanent 20% Immunity to Negative damage and can self-target Aid and Shield of Faith.

Fire
The Cleric gains a permanent 15% Immunity to Fire damage.

Knowledge
The Cleric gains +13 Spot and +13 Listen.

Plant
The Cleric can self-target Regenerate.

Travel
The Cleric is immune to Hold Person and Hold Monster spells.
- Pure cleric should get a Mass Haste version of Haste at level 40.

Water
The Cleric gains a permanent 15% Immunity to Cold damage.

Self Regenerating and dmg immunity except for Positive damage sucks. That's why nobody picks it.
Knowledge...How does spot and listen bonus help?
Trickery might be interesting if somebody came up with a proper build.

I can only agree with most of what you say here.
I still have some comments;

Continual Flame is like a poor mans version of Firebrand with like Divine or Positive dmg if I recall, I could be wrong.

I do think having access to spells via items is a huge part of this MOD, so I don't see that being changed in any way.

Glyphs and Wounding Whisper stack and I think only mages have access to both, or something like that. But I guess Glyphs could have a different dmg type.
Or be revamped into a spell that's fun and unique, just not a copy of another spell Very Happy

The passive bonuses from Domains could use a workover, but part of that balacing there is also what additional spells the Domain grants (or grant them in lower spell-levels).
Domains that lets the Cleric cast some Buff-spells on themselves are actually really good for battleclerics.
But I admit, Domains like Fire are Domains I just scroll by when I make a Cleric.

Dismissal and Banishment need to be completley reworked. Spells that only removes Summons are way too situational. The 0,1% of the time it's useful it's borderline OP. The rest of the time it's a waste of space. I don't like things like that.

Inflict wounds-spells need to be totally reworked too I think.
Maybe some sort of weak type of Drown-like spells.
Iunno.

Having the Spell Resistance spells only breachable is an interesting idea.

-TheMothMan
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  unknown_user Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:00 pm

Continual Flame - Does it even work?

It does and this is a very useful spell. Moth is right, it does divine damage now. In epic levels the damage can add up quite nicely. Try it. Just target an enemy rather than an item.

TheMothMan wrote:I don't remember changing this spell. I can see that it's my code, but its possible it was copy&pasted from another similar spell and the damage types changed and whatnot.

Not sure why I (or anyone else) did this change.
As I recall SoV was a good and reliable spell for Druids and Clerics.
Clerics already have a lvl 9 Persistant AoE spell in Bindings of Blood.

Anyways, Persistant AoE spells are very situational due to them hurting allies.
I'd like to see this spell being reverted aswell.

-TheMothMan

Having this modified to be similar to spells such as combust, melf's, infestation of maggots/bigbys or simply just a one off damage/utility cast would make it useful again.

unknown_user

Back to top Go down

Post  SeXy_SnipER Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:14 pm

SoV and Creeping Doom are very useful when defending until the Calvary runs through it then it gets silly... I you could just make it not hurt your own NPC's that would be sweet.
SeXy_SnipER
SeXy_SnipER

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:17 am

The anti-stacking, heartbeat modification, low duration and the way the best PAoE isn't even a druid spell - kills druids!

I don't think PAoE's should ignore NPC's, or PC's - although I agree the cavalry defenders should be an exception to this rule!
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:06 am

TheMothMan wrote:

Glyphs and Wounding Whisper stack and I think only mages have access to both, or something like that. But I guess Glyphs could have a different dmg type.
Mages do not have access to either spell.
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothMan Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:42 am

Felix wrote:
TheMothMan wrote:

Is it Bards then? Rangers? Or maybe I'm just way off here.Smile

Eitherway, if no one class has access to both these spells, they kinda serve a purpose then.
Also, if one class has access to them both, they kinda serve another purpose.

-TheMothMan
TheMothMan
TheMothMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:19 pm

I always thought glyph was pretty awesome in D&D.

A great idea for it IMO, would be to revert it to its original-ish concept. Even a non-combat type spell.

E.G.

Increase the duration dramatically!

On cast, you have a nice popup menu conversation which will allow you to scribe into the ground various wards. (Non-Combat castable, with the menu - who's going to be drawing on the ground in combat?! Smile )

Dependant on the choice, on triggering, it could:

Alert, with no ill effect, the caster of the presence of an individual. (CL would increase the data given. Race/Class/Level/Name etc. and perhaps increase the number of times this can be 'tripped' before expiring)

Standard damage effect.

Some sort of debuff (Silence / stun / whatnot)
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Skaldic Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:58 pm

I'm not sure about other classes, but I'm sure cleric can access both and I'm pretty sure they don't stack.
Might be wrong about the second claim though.

Skaldic

Back to top Go down

Post  akleja Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:52 am

TheMothMan wrote:
Felix wrote:
TheMothMan wrote:

Is it Bards then? Rangers? Or maybe I'm just way off here.Smile

Eitherway, if no one class has access to both these spells, they kinda serve a purpose then.
Also, if one class has access to them both, they kinda serve another purpose.

-TheMothMan

Druids got em both.

akleja

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2