cheating DMs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

cheating DMs

Post  Felix on Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but it seems that most the problems people(including myself) have with DMs are that they will cheat, give XP or items or do something unfair with thier DM powers.
Even though I am the Froto Baggins of DMs I want checks and balances.

I want to make sure no one is cheating and I want to never be accused of cheating while still being able to fix problems that occur via the DM client or beat up hackers should they get in and reek havoc again. Therefore I was thinking of attempting to make the server logs public. Now I am not exactly sure on the implementation or even if it plausible.
Any other ideas?
I know Geo brought up that only I should be DM. I don't like that idea beacuse then there will be no checks and balances and I cant always be around to fix problems or beat up hackers.
Felix
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: cheating DMs

Post  DM Starbridge on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:20 am

Well, now that I'm not the admin and just a DM, I mainly just log in to check and make sure everyone is ok, not stuck anyway, check for hacked items and enforce the DM note items, etc.

With a server like this that more or less has players running around alot doing their own thing, whether it be RPing, crafting, adventuring or whatever, I keep my events on the sparse end of things.

And since I no longer am the admin, RP reward will cap out at 500exp when I had them out. (Granted Felix is alright with that amount)

What is your ruling on people breaking DM note item rules? Or should I roll with mine. 5 levels taken away PER item in USE and the removal of all items in bag that are tagged with a DM note?
DM Starbridge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  J. Persinne on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:26 am

DM Starbridge wrote:What is your ruling on people breaking DM note item rules? Or should I roll with mine. 5 levels taken away PER item in USE and the removal of all items in bag that are tagged with a DM note?
Five is quite a bit. I'd be inclined to go for one, personally, but that's probably too nice. Maybe two is a happy medium. At any rate, that's something we can discuss in another thread.

DM note items in bags should definitely not be removed, though. It's okay for someone to carry DM note items. Indeed, it's even to be expected, given the team-oriented nature of the server: if you can't use an item you have, then it's only sensible to keep it around to pass along to someone that can.

J. Persinne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum