Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server XP and you

+14
DM Starbridge
Grace
Aluive
mlafisca
Kombat Karl
Rugnarie
SnarleysAngel
Felix
silbador
LordSurge
MiMiMi
TheeVals
J. Persinne
Admin
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Server XP and you - Page 3 Empty Re: Server XP and you

Post  Felix Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:47 pm

I think only if you were soloing before without summons. Anyone else confirm?
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  J. Persinne Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:20 am

Slightly less, but summons and other party members will no longer dine on your experience.

J. Persinne

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombat Karl Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:09 am

I was just at the swamp getting about 173 per kill. Low level bosses no longer give 400-500 xp per, but I'm okay with the way the xp is, I kinda like that its geared toward your level instead of being a farmer, makes people actually go out of the fort Very Happy
Kombat Karl
Kombat Karl

Back to top Go down

Post  LordSurge Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:40 am

Bosses really ought to give more though, especially considering how absurdly more powerful they tend to be than the area they're in.

LordSurge

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:47 pm

The only draw back I see is if bosses get to be to much than you will have more high levels running through lower level areas just to boss farm.
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LordSurge Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:29 am

If it gets to be a problem the lower level characters could always ask the higher ones to leave the areas alone and to move to a bit tougher spots.

It's just sort of silly to see the variation in exp for bosses since some of them are so damn tough.

LordSurge

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:01 am

Are you soloing?
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  J. Persinne Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:54 am

They are kind of tough. I had a lot of trouble with them until I'd built up a bit of capital, even with groups. I'd be willing to investigate a slight bump to make them more worthwhile for low level characters to take on, but I kind of like how boss running isn't really the thing to do anymore.

J. Persinne

Back to top Go down

Post  LordSurge Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:32 am

Soloing or adventuring in small groups. Limited playtime lately so depending on afking to level or recover from the many deaths which occur.

But you know what would be nice? If instead of being penalized for being in groups, you actually got more experience for being with other people. I'm not saying reduce solo experience, I'm saying raise party experience.

Bosses are so tough they do deserve a bonus for beating them, rather than less experience than 2-3 of their minions.

LordSurge

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Starbridge Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:55 am

LordSurge wrote:Soloing or adventuring in small groups. Limited playtime lately so depending on afking to level or recover from the many deaths which occur.

But you know what would be nice? If instead of being penalized for being in groups, you actually got more experience for being with other people. I'm not saying reduce solo experience, I'm saying raise party experience.

Bosses are so tough they do deserve a bonus for beating them, rather than less experience than 2-3 of their minions.

Only problem with that would be large groups cause server lag, and what if you have 10 people AFK in the fort and 1 person adventuring. I think the server will see you in a group of 11 and then jack up your exp, and that wouldnt be fair to use the AFK players like that, even if both sides were doing it.

I think the exp cut is fine. You have to share. 100 exp for 1 person is 100, 100 exp for 2 people is 50 each. I dont think the split is this dramatic, but it does make sense to me. Minions, not to sure about, Animal Companions and Familiars do level with you as long as your taking the right classes so thats fine there too I think.
DM Starbridge
DM Starbridge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  J. Persinne Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:32 pm

There is no group XP penalty here.

J. Persinne

Back to top Go down

Post  LordSurge Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:07 pm

Obviously you'd only get a bonus for those actually in the area and within the 'proper' level range.

Are you sure there isn't a reduction in experience given for adventuring with others? eg: kill 1 death buzzard and get 100 experience on your own, but with a friend and you both get 50?

LordSurge

Back to top Go down

Post  J. Persinne Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:16 pm

Positive. Though you can lose experience for traveling with party members outside of your level range.

J. Persinne

Back to top Go down

Post  LordSurge Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:11 am

That's good.

One more thing though, with the experience penalty as high as it is it's easy for one or two deaths to drive off new players. Sure the server seems full but I guarantee it's because of afk people.

The server used to be called Anphillia Higher Experience, that's part of why i joined. Anphillia's traditional low leveling rate and cripplingly high death penalties are what drove me away from the first Anphillia's I played on.

If I roll into a place with moderate or challenging monsters, I get 22, maybe 27 experience per kill. These are monsters that can definitely kill me if I'm unlucky or hit a spike of lag. Here's a specific example: Heading into Brie Valley the Ogres there net me 27 experience each. If they are not immediately stopped, they throw a boulder which does about 50 damage. Each one of them. Run around a corner into a group of 4? Hope you've got >200 hp. It's not always that low, but the most any monster I've managed to kill lately has been 93. The low level bosses give around that much too, But that used to be =~ 300-400. Wonder how much the higher level ones give.

You might say the answer is to stay afk for hours when I'm not playing, but you know that's not a valid excuse. It sucks logging on and seeing a whole fort is afk because no-one wants to go out hunting or rp. It sucks having to sit afk for many hours to recoup the losses caused by a death.

I know come people who are already level 40 don't care too much, but some folks hadn't the time when the experience was still indeed 'higher'.

I could group up and go explore, if I wasn't worried about being murdered by that hacker, or if there were appropriately leveled characters to group with. Every time I've logged in lately that has not been the case. It's nice that I can use summons now but even GPB buddies can only do so much.

Just my thoughts on the matter, that experience is too low: death penalty too high. I'm sure there will be dissenting ones, but I figured I'd voice it here.

LordSurge

Back to top Go down

Post  J. Persinne Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:10 pm

Generally speaking, experience gain is not that much lower than it was. It will be about the same or more if you're not soloing.

Do you have an ECL? If so, gaining experience will be harder. The default XP system that was used to bump experience was "bugged", as it did not account for ECL.

J. Persinne

Back to top Go down

Post  LordSurge Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:48 pm

~400 to 80ish is a bit of a jump (In the case of bosses).

All of my characters are not a subrace, and often I am either soloing or out with a fellow that is the same or lower level than I. As I said often there's no-one around to group with, whether it's bad timing or fear of dying and forced afking who can say.

LordSurge

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombat Karl Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:52 pm

Alright, I'm not a level 40 and I played sooooo many hours to get to 34. wait till you are level 33-34 and you play a low ac character that can't solo -anything- that doesn't give you 2 xp. You have to understand that one thing that sucks is having the XP so high that everyone just hits 40 in a few weeks and then they make alts and more alts and the game becomes a server full of level 40 only pvp where people just constantly counter log builds. Slowing down the leveling a bit will delay that progress. I think the xp where it is now is perfect. If you fight things that are overpowering/impossible to you -with- party members you get good xp, and if you solo them you get about 1/2. Bosses in higher level area's give about 400+
Kombat Karl
Kombat Karl

Back to top Go down

Post  JakeMaster Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:11 pm

Remember this is a TEAM PvP based server.. meaning you shouldnt be able to get to lvl 40 solo.. atleast not very easily.. RP and use the players around you.. work as a team and you can lvl.
JakeMaster
JakeMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  not_amused Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:35 pm

hello.. -smiles and waves to everyone- I am a new player here as well.. maybe a week now if that.. I've played on other servers where you can get to lvl 40 in a day if you constantly train.. and ya'll are right..we got bored quick so I ended up with so many chars I cant even count them all.. and all of which are lvl 40.. dont get me wrong I like getting to lvl 40 quick so i can pvp.. but I am more of a rp'er.. I even rp while getting my butt kicked.. ok i rambling... my reason for posting.. my first day here I was killed by very high lvl chars while i was out adventuring.. they didn't know i was low level and a war was going on so i dont blame them at all.. the problem is that in that one death i lost all xps I had gotten in the whole time i was there.. it didnt bother me too much.. but within less than an hour I was killed again and now I had spent an entire day playing only to lose more than I had gained.. I again didnt get mad.. i came back next day to do it all again.. and wouldnt ya know.. one more full day of training only to die two more times and once again lose all I had worked for.. so maybe lowering the death loss would be a good idea.. or at least make it so that once you have gained a level when you die you dont lose it.. just a thought.. not sure if that can even be done.. but i honestly almost quit cause i had spent two days playing and had gotten nowhere.. then I met some really nice people who helped me alot and because of them I stayed and am now enjoying the server but still think the death loss is way to high for the amount of xp gained per kill.. and not all of us can stay logged in all the time to get that bonus xp to try and make some of it back..

oh and hello again it's been a pleasure meeting the people I have and to those I haven't met yet, i look forward to meeting and rp'ing with you at some point in the future..

J.J. I love you Server XP and you - Page 3 Jhuliarra
not_amused
not_amused

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:59 pm

not_amused wrote: then I met some really nice people who helped me alot and because of them I stayed and am now enjoying the server
That's the most important thing you can do as a new player and character. If no one is around its best to not venture out too far from the fort. If you stay within the outer gate and better yet within fort PvM areas the opposing fort can not get to you. That being said I am sorry you were attacked your first time out. We hope to in the future add things to guide new players so that doesn't happen as readily.
Felix
Felix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SnarleysAngel Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:21 am

Yarp don't leave... if you're still having fun at least. Anyho,w lots of us have epic xp loss days. I've had a few where I ended significantly lower than where I started.

Makes the finish line all the sweeter though

Happy to have you aboard, and if I get a chance to play regularly again in the near future I'll try to find you in game

SnarleysAngel

Back to top Go down

Post  not_amused Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:19 am

ok.. I wanted to update my last post.. I had the pleasure to go hunting with Larry and Lyna and found that while with others close to my level the xp's increased significantly.. Larry showed me that I could make 4 times the amount of xps i lose for dying in a very short amount of time..

Thanks Larry.. Very Happy
J.J. I love you
not_amused
not_amused

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3