Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Ancient Power Comes...

Go down

An Ancient Power Comes... Empty An Ancient Power Comes...

Post  Linee353 Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:05 am

Dearest Axfell,

It is with great concern for your safety that I write. Last evening, Larry and I were approached by Anen, the trader, who requested that we investigate some missing shipments due to arrive from Ranzington days earlier. Yet the moment we stepped outside of our gates on Rustin Road, we noticed dark shapes of varying color swarming the skies above. Indeed, they were dragons. Some must have caught on to our movement below and descended to attack. We slaughtered at least five, if not more, along Rustin Road.

Investigation of the missing shipments required us to enter the Grand Forest, which, as some of you already know, has been being guarded by an ent. Never before has my path been blocked from traveling to Ranzington. Certainly, I was not going to allow this thing to stop me. Needless to say, our attack conjured several more ents and grey renders. Once we claimed our second victory over the group of guards, we entered the forest to be bombarded by yet another attack of ancient wolves, bears and even more ents and renders. They seemed to keep coming from out of nowhere… Then out of the forest appeared the Great Wolf, who seemed greatly displeased at the upheaval. In my haste of adrenaline, I was prepared to slaughter this wolf, but he said 'Enough!' and proceeded to talk with us. Larry informed him that the reason we entered the forest was to seek out the missing shipment. We then learned that the men carting the freight had all perished, and the Wolf agreed to lead us to the wreckage it as long as we left the forest immediately.

In our brief conversation with the Wolf, he mentioned a Mistress of the Dragons, or who mortals call Tiamat. He seemed convinced that we were followers of this so called 'deity'. However, when I tried to ask more about her, he did not offer much information and left us to collect the goods for Anen. As soon as I gathered the cargo, Larry and I headed back to the fort. We made it into the Axfell gates without anymore trouble; however, just before we could reach the doors to the fort, a dragon, larger than any of the others we had slain, landed before us, blocking our path. Slightly agitated at another obstruction, I commanded the dragon to speak. It uttered one simple word, "You," and began to attack us. However, it must have recognized it was no match to our strength and ascended back into the sky. Could it have been the so-called Mistress of the Dragons…?

After reporting all of this to Anen, he acted quite strange… and ran off to Ranzington. I warned him that it was not safe and he should not travel alone, but it seems he has some sort of special access… It left me feeling quite skeptical of the man…

I have yet to speak with the Magistrate about this. We must be on our guard. Please report anything you hear or see that is unusual or suspect. Should you decide to travel alone, ensure that you are well prepared and do not venture out too far from the gates…

Yours truly,
Lyna Alaymia
Linee353
Linee353

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum