Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stealth char?

4 posters

Go down

Stealth char? Empty Stealth char?

Post  Vladimir Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:39 pm

ive been thinking about making a stealthy char.using tons of sneakattacks do deal the dmg.
how does the items look for that?
are there much trueseeing around?
much sneakimmunity aside from the usual suspects undeads and dragons?
aslo is it best to go hips or cornersneak?
zhankz!

Vladimir

Back to top Go down

Stealth char? Empty Re: Stealth char?

Post  Professor Plum Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:34 pm

Items are... great for that? (Sneaker classes have access to a whole load of +stealth gear)

True seeing is limited to a harper ability (The duration you can wait out) and a few summons (Nothing that will kill you, though some people use them to tell if there's something sneaky bearing down on them)

Nope

Cornersneak, right now, HiPS is broken - though it will more than likely be fixed, then after that you can use a combination of both!
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  J. Persinne Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:51 pm

HiPS being "broken" in the sense that it's on a nine second timer, which works by kicking you out of stealth mode if you try to hide again too soon. It works, but if you have HiPS, you can't also cornersneak, making it occasionally detrimental.

I'd like to fix it at some point, though a lot of other things are taking priority right now.

J. Persinne

Back to top Go down

Post  Vladimir Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:53 am

remove the hips feat from sd.make a conv in craft menu to add the hips as bonus feat to ur pchide if u are sd.
but then u cannot change it on the fly.maybe there is another way?
Suspect

Vladimir

Back to top Go down

Post  Rann Cora Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:17 am

Cornersneaking is superior in PvP, but very glitchy and unreliable in PvM. Monsters tend to not realize you are hidden. But with HiPS, as long as you have line of sight with the creature when you go into stealth, it works. I know this because pre-public release I had a Cornersneaker I got to 40 that was loads of fun, and on Exodus I remade the same character as a HiPSer and got him to upper 30s ish. Overall, the HiPser had better ab and more damage potential (I went 21 ranger, 1sd, rest rog... but you could go more rog for more damage and less AB), but was considerably weaker in pretty much all other aspects. Though, the original CSer was Monk/Rog... Fighter? CoT? I don't remember. Some class with full BAB, and took full advantage of +5 books to max out dex, str, con, and wis at the same time. Might be more difficult without that.

Rann Cora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:47 am

Exodus had non-silly HiPS.

That is, the feat was applied via hide and removed once you'd hidden - only being put back when you spent a certain time out of stealth.

So you could hips and cs.
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down