Anphillia Continuum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ninja looting and boss hunting

+6
Professor Plum
Cyraano
J. Persinne
Wordack
not_amused
Krakilin
10 posters

Go down

Ninja looting and boss hunting Empty Ninja looting and boss hunting

Post  Krakilin Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:59 am

In axfell this has been rampant recently someone is just killing the bosses and looting the chest. leaving other to wipe out the normal mobs to find no boss and an empty chest. Just letting whoever is doing it know if you don't kill it all the chest wont respawn or re spawns with deteriorated loot. Please kill your spawn.

Krakilin

Back to top Go down

Ninja looting and boss hunting Empty Re: Ninja looting and boss hunting

Post  not_amused Wed May 04, 2011 12:40 pm

and please stop following people around and stealing the chests while they are killing the spawns.. quite a few times I would kill every spawn in the area along with the boss only to find that the chest was looted while i was fighting.. and for those who may be thinking that the chest had just been looted before I got there.. I've clicked on the chest and seen it locked but then when I finish fighting and go to unlock it, it's already opened and you can see the empty areas where things were taken from.. It's very aggravating to have this happen and honestly, it pisses me off.. -laughs-

thats all.. just wanted to add my 2 cents worth..

-smiles and waves- J.J. I love you
not_amused
not_amused

Back to top Go down

Post  Wordack Sat May 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Panic over i have found the ninja looter and itsa prick ? anyhow caught him doin it inbetween his effy killing .This pain is ruining the server for new comers.. (edited) well went to kill gras killed gra all spawn chest was open and empty , went to kill gnomes same story exept at the trans every drider in underdark was there...

Last edited by Wordack on Sun May 08, 2011 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Wordack

Back to top Go down

Post  J. Persinne Sun May 08, 2011 2:05 am

Concur with the original message. To those who aren't aware, mobs and treasure work something like this:

1) An area is populated with mobs when it is entered. It is not repopulated until mobs are killed.
2) Treasure spawns are linked to mob spawns; treasure is spawned when an area is populated.
3) Ergo, skipping all the mobs in order to kill the boss and loot treasure leads to a situation where there are a lot of mobs, but no treasure. No mob respawns means no new treasure spawns. No new treasure spawns means disappointed lowbies.

That's lame. Don't do it.

On the other hand, pointing fingers at specific folk only serves to make you look like a ninny, so you shouldn't do that either. If you've a serious grievance, please take it up with a staff member via PM.

J. Persinne

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyraano Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:02 am

J. Persinne is a nerd.

Cyraano

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:03 am

And we love him Smile
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  J. Persinne Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:27 am

I love you, Cyraano. Your very existence makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

J. Persinne

Back to top Go down

Post  Vladimir Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:34 pm

your manly love aside this is becoming an issue.
several times now i can follow the invislooters trail from top cave,r.mount,ants,spider queen,mushroom boss and finally the bastion bossroom.
i am convinced its a stealthchar for several reasons.the most convincing is that the bastion boss has ts and he is always lured outside the room so the stealther can stealthloot the chests.
are we sure cyranno isnt player on this server?clown

i know some classes have a harder time mobkilling but come on.this is just gay.i still dont know who the player is 100% but i am fairly sure i know. one time this happened there was only a few axfells online and only 2 with high levels enough to go outside the gates and one of them was vlad(i know its not me!!!).
i will drop a name if asked but i wont post it here.
i will only snitch with pms!
fuck invislooters.bah.

Vladimir

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:03 am

You should perhaps handle it IC.

If you catch said character (Or not, even) take him to your superiors, have him trialled and summarily executed for disrupting trainees and -stealing-.
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Vladimir Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 am

no.i vote for a ban or loss of xp.that is metagaming bullshit and should not be handled ic.
using stealth & ts mechanics to lure only the boss out of a room with chest so u slteath loot the chests is exploiting how the game and the ai work.
why on earth would i want to even acknowledge that ic? Laughing

Vladimir

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:08 am

Seems pretty reasonable to explain to me.

'I stealthed past a small army of people, took the leader out and then made off with his treasure.'

Granted, because the leader has TS technically he would inform others of your whereabouts, but per D&D they don't auto-find you just because someone says you're there.

It's like one of those things you stare at for ages and people yell at you that there's a face there and after 2 hours of staring you FINALLY see it (Or just never do)

No-one likes it, and it's hard to police - since where do you draw the line? E.G. If someone makes a beeline for the chest and misses out several spawns, is that not allowed? Etc.
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Vladimir Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:49 pm

sounds like an excuse to me.or even to open a window for destructive metagaming.why give these negative forces more room to operate in?
its not hard to police at all.anyone whos ever been on as a dm knows it aint hard to see someone invislooting.its so obvious.if u cant confront em maybe there is someone in the staff who has the balls.
to stand up and do what is right but not popular takes cohonas.
its for the greater good. for tau!

Vladimir

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:13 pm

Vladimir wrote:no.i vote for a ban or loss of xp.that is metagaming bullshit and should not be handled ic.
using stealth & ts mechanics to lure only the boss out of a room with chest so u slteath loot the chests is exploiting how the game and the ai work.
why on earth would i want to even acknowledge that ic? Laughing

It has a good rp possibility. Even if you see it as ooc abusesive behavior, hows about this lawful evil solution:
step 1-have your character report it to your surpriors in game
step 2-those surpriors then can place a law in the fort of some kind that enables to possibility to kill all those taking part in the behavior reported.
step 3-Hunt down and kill everyone and anyone seen doing said behavior and laugh hystericly when they rant and troll you in tells.

step 4-Smug smiles when their attempts to get you banned for greifing/teamkilling them fails due to the fact that it has been rped in a legit manner and icly makes sense that you killed their char and instead of using ooc means they should have icly had your char prosecuted for murder, sadly icly people don't remember their own deaths unless this whole reality is simple one big neverending game and they are being controled by some unknown somewhat omnicient being who watches their every move.

-------------------------------------
Its a shame that people often find the solution to a problem to be best delt with oocly instead of embracing the oppurtunity to creat and get involved in roleplay. Then again roleplay is blatently optional at this point, it seems.
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  Vladimir Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:35 pm

rp is optional.is should be.if anyone wants to rp with someone abusing gamemechanics who am i to convince them different?

ninjalooting is not optional.it shouldnt be.rp is not the solution to this problem.

if anyone can, with rp, convince someone to stop ninjalooting im all for it.i dont care how its stopped.im saying this cannot be the only solution u folks got.if it is we are in trouble. What a Face

Vladimir

Back to top Go down

Post  TheeVals Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:58 pm

Vladimir wrote:rp is optional.is should be.if anyone wants to rp with someone abusing gamemechanics who am i to convince them different?

ninjalooting is not optional.it shouldnt be.rp is not the solution to this problem.

if anyone can, with rp, convince someone to stop ninjalooting im all for it.i dont care how its stopped.im saying this cannot be the only solution u folks got.if it is we are in trouble. What a Face

Consideration is optional.

If people can't be arsed to rp, why should players be arsed to gain their treasure the "proper" way?
((I put proper in quotations because its left up to interpretation and some people might not view this method as immproper))

Sounds as if everyone is out to cut cornors and find an easy way around things. So i provided the simplist solution to the problem, it just so happens to be the most violent.

Are you looking for some sort of game mechanical reinforcement like a script that keeps the chests empty until the whole area is cleared?
And then another script that keeps track of the kill count so the person with the most kills during clearing that area is the only one capable of taking items out of the chest?

I wonder... can all that actually be scripted? xD would probably add massive amounts of lag and fustraited moments of being unable to get loot at all Smile
TheeVals
TheeVals

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Plum Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:32 am

I personally think it's best handled IC. (And I would be more than happy to help facilitate any sort of faction RP with anyone if you drop me a PM)

It's not an abuse of mechanics; anymore than running through the forest with invis on is.

Penalising someone for clever tactics is silly.(Alright they're not clever from an OOC PoV but IC it's pretty dumb not to - unless you're training and you'd get more xp from mobs than a chest anyway)

Penalising a rogue for being sneaky is also silly; it's like telling a mage he can't aoe because it kills stuff faster than a rogue.

I agree that it's annoying, but any 'fixes' are more so.
Professor Plum
Professor Plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Vladimir Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:17 am

in short; ninjalooting will not be stopped by dms.its not an abuse of game mechanics.there are valid rp reasons for doing it.
good to know.

Vladimir

Back to top Go down

Post  J. Persinne Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:41 am

Nah. It's more like: ninja-looting areas is lame when someone else stands to lose because of it, and in those cases, it's best not to do it. That said, there's sufficient enough gray area that enforcing it would lead to more headaches than it's worth (i.e. any enforcement would almost necessarily be arbitrary, ergo, messy and unfair).

Not everything in the world is binary. This isn't really any different than myriad other unwritten rules. For example, this is a PvP-centric server, so there's no rule preventing you from attacking effys with your 40th level character, but doing so still makes you a douche.

J. Persinne

Back to top Go down

Post  Vladimir Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:38 am

a greyarea isnt a rule for or against something.it just says there is no rule.Laughing
so im gonna need some clear rules here.do i get this right?

effykilling isnt against the rules on this server, but it makes you a douche.
ninjalooting isnt against the rules on this server, but it makes you a douche.
are these two statements correct?
yes or no?

Vladimir

Back to top Go down

Post  J. Persinne Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:41 am

Pretty much!

J. Persinne

Back to top Go down

Post  I Almost Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:31 am

I just think that sneak looting is lame and stupid. People that come after you will have done alot of effort to clear everything and come to the chest just to find it empty is just plain stupid. it is as Vlad said abuse of game mechanics and should fall under the ''Commen sense'' Rule. Its good if this can be handeled ICly but if it keep continueing its should be dealt with. Including those people that go to 1 area kill everything, log out come back 1 hour later spawn in that area and do it again. Its just plain stupid and i disagree with it.
I Almost
I Almost

Back to top Go down

Post  Vladimir Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:17 am

if you cant beat em join em!

Vladimir

Back to top Go down

Post  Vladimir Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:33 pm

speaking of dumb people & rp definitions.
this made me laugh. Razz

Ninja looting and boss hunting Justdumb

*Vastano uses his cellphone to call Vladimir, the person he never met yet knows the name of. He asks if mages are good for Player vs Player. He then claims "ur not a rper lol" and hangs up.*

Vladimir

Back to top Go down

Post  J. Persinne Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:40 pm

I don't get it.

J. Persinne

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:30 pm

heh pretty random
Felix
Felix